A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Squid Swap Gallery!  (Read 20972 times)
Tags for this thread: squid  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knit_core
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I put the RAGE in beverage.

Too lazy to be evil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2006 11:42:03 PM »

here's my great loot from minouette:
squid bag made of neckties!!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/21482DSCF1833-1.JPG
octopus necklace made from a fork!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/21482DSCF1832-1.JPG
polymer clay octopus perched on a rock! (way awesome)
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/21482DSCF1829-1.JPG
cephlopod origami mobile! (excuse the messy house) Tongue
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/21482DSCF1835-1.JPG

i absolutely LOVE everything, especially your creativity! thanks again Cheesy

my jaw litterally dropped when I saw this stuff!!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011 07:43:57 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."  Douglas Adams

Debbies only get respect in the knitting world.  How unfair is that?

Because Poe wrote on both of them.

Anyone up for a Jasper Fforde swap?
jan_on_ice

oh how i wish i was a fish...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2006 04:23:38 PM »

teenage_moth did you receive your package yet?

She PM'd me to let me know that she hasn't been home to check yet, but she will let us know when she does check.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
jan_on_ice

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2006 04:35:31 PM »

Here are pictures of the wonderful things that colie sent me:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/6442squid2.jpg

I got a cute bag with little fishies all over it (the fabric is all glittery too!), a magnetic dress up octopus (currently dressed as a pirate... arrr!), an awesome cluch made of sacking with a labelled diagram of a squid. The lining is this awesome retro floral fabric.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/6442squid1.jpg

An awesome t-shirt with a squid wearing glasses appliqued onto it. My camera isn't very good so you can't see the writing in the white boxes - it says "Boys don't make passes at squid who wear glasses". Heehee... can't wait to show this one off at work!

Thanks so much for the wonderful package colie!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 10:24:11 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2006 02:13:44 PM »

tantrum sent me a spectacular squid pillow:

From the tip of his head to the toes of his tentacles he must be about three-and-a-half feet long.  His body is firmly cushioned and oh so cuddly.  Here's a slightly different view, better for seeing the "underside" fabric:

The lighter blue "streaks" are some kind of temperature-affected fabric: huff on it and it turns almost white -- a nod to squids' protective ability to self-camouflage!  (The backs of his fins that are sort of in the "ears" position are also of this fabric.)

And here he is trying a different camo technique: wearing the T-shirt onto which tantrum appliqued...a squid (also made with that temperature-changing fabric)!

Hmmm, maybe not such a great disguise after all....

Thanks so much, tantrum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corduroy cat
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2006 04:51:45 PM »

way cool! i love tantrum's stuff Smiley

i guess teenage_moth didn't like her package, i've still not heard from her and she's been on craftster Sad
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006 04:55:23 PM by teamwang » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AstroZombie
Cryptozoologist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2006 09:32:47 PM »

tantrum's crafts are awesome! I love that pillow and shirt. I like the fabric used for underneath the tentacles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teenage_moth
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2006 11:57:07 AM »

I'm so sorry. I've been neglecting Craftster. It won't happen again. Forgive me craftster? 3 weeks of limited internet acsess. For give me team_wang for my delayed posting? I actually just recieved my package only because I had it sent to my school adress and just got back from break. And I just was able to check out a digital camera. Phew. Enough of that though. Here's my lovely squidy loot!

In the center is this super cute red/pinkish needle felted squid squid, which is reall simply adorable. The picture doesnt really justice. I am thinking of safety pinning it to my winter coat. The tentacles are really fun because you can move them around to make it look like he is swimming, or better yet, dancing. I'm wondering too how team wang even made it, its really cute and would be fun to make a little collection.
To the left is palm sized stuffed octopus, which will making its new home on the top of my monitor (:  I love googley eyes. And there's something about it  being made out of cordoroy that i really like, something very warm and cozy for a very wet and slimy animal. 

The clock (to the right and up. and also directly diagonal) was the first thing i saw when i open the package, which was awesome. I am really impressed. Its a really cool collage/decoupage piece, and I'm wondering if you drew the designs on the the squid, fish and coral yourself...? I wish everyone could see a more detailed picture the pattern on the squid and the drawing on the fish, but all the pictures I took came out crummy because of the glare on the clock cover.

My printmaking friends were really impressed with the octopus ornament (next, to the right) and although, I'm not sure if you screen printed it on their its pretty professional looking.

The little charms on the bottom are a bit hard to see, I'll try and take another picture and post it. There is a little octopus one with multicolored tentacles that all form a square, it looks kind of like a quilt. It reminded me of that radiohead album..? I dont know what it was called though, I'm sure someone does out there. The other one is a tiny little black and white squid on a black squishy square, which I think i'm going to put on my keys. There is another little octopus charm which i pinned on one of my bags which is now sitting in my ex boyfriend's car, ugh (but i'll get it back soon don't worry we're on good terms, most of the time)
Teem wang wrote her note too on this goofy... and kind of creepy picture of an old man (looks sort of like a sea captain) standing next to a dead giant squid, as long as him. Its especially crepy because its black and white. But thats sort of just my style. one of the walls in my apartment has a bunch of odds, ends and obscurities taped up on it, so it will fit in nicely.
THANKS TEAM WANG  (now my next door neighbor [the printmaker] is jealous too!)
Please let me know if you want to see anything more in detail or described better!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2006 12:40:44 PM »

Teamwang your stuff is incredible!  I especially love the ornament, could I see a close up of it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
jan_on_ice

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2006 07:48:18 PM »

Awesome stuff teamwang! I'd love to see closeup pics if you have them too.

That changing-colour fabric looks wonderful Tantrum. I love the squid tee. Hmmm I think I'm gonna have to find me some of that stuff...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
tantrum
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2006 09:40:44 PM »

yeah the color changing stuff is the new generation of hypercolor. Ohhh the nineties are so back. They are called body faders and i splurged and bought a xxxL t-shirt to cut up and make stuff with.
That little needle felted squid is the cutest teamwang!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Technologies
Critique Images
Composition in Photography
Camera Reviews
How to Photograph Children
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...