I hate parting with old t-shirts... especially ones with cool patterns and designs. I came up with a way to reuse those too-small tees into a great room accent or gift.
An old tee shirt. You can use one or many.
A sewing kit.
Basic sewing knowlege
An old pillow or cotton batting
1. Turn the tee inside out and using a ruler and masking tape, mark out the area you want to be the front of the pillow. Be sure to leave a few inches around the design for a seam.
2. Pin the two layers of the shirt together along the tape lines you made.
3. Cut along the tape lines through both layers.
4. Sew up all but one side of the pillow, removing the pins as you go.
5. Turn the tee right side out and stuff with the cotton batting or the batting from inside an old pillow.
6. Sew up the last side.
7. Display on couch, chair, bed, or give to a friend.
Tips, Hint, and Suggestions
You can make a few of similar tastes (like all shirts depecting retro cartoons) and give them as gifts.
Using all of one kind of shirt (stripes, dots, plain colours, etc), you can create a new look for your bed or couch.