I bought a really cool belt at a department store once that had a bunch of pictures on it. I decided that I could make one, too. Here's what you need to do...
An old (or new) belt. It should be made of leather (or fake leather) and NOT cloth. Make sure it doesn't have holes all the way around. Also, be sure to find one that had a flat surface with no rhinestones or anything.
Newspapers, magazines, computer printouts, photos... anything you want to cut up and wear around your waste.
Clear packing tape.
Decorative accents like beads, fake jewels, etc.
1. Cut out the pictures you want on the belt. Make them no longer than the width of the belt.
2. Position the cut outs on the belt how you want them.
3. Use a dot or two of glue to keep cutouts from moving around on belt. DO NOT use so much glue that the cutouts or the belt are soaked.
4. In sections, use packing tape to go over the cutouts. Try not to get it wrinkled.
5. Re-poke the holes in the belt.
6. Wear it!
Extra Tips, Hints, and Ideas
Come up with a theme, like your friends, words that describe you, cool phrases, etc.
My theme was Comics, in case you were wondering. I wore it to school and everyone loved it!
These make great gifts!
You can add accents using beads and faux jewels.
If you gice these as gifts, you might want to consider putting something like "Made For ___ by __." on the back (out of sight) of the belt, so it's personalized and special.