A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,397
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sale tags and displays, I need ideas  (Read 687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shoegazer
« on: November 06, 2005 05:11:27 PM »

A friend of mine asked me to participate in an upcoming art sale. Ive never sold any of my items before so Im a little aprehensive when it comes to the set up. Il mainly be selling scarves and T-Shirts and Ive coem to a real delemia on deciding how to display them. I dont have a dress form to make a nice little set up of a shirt and a scarf together. So I was thinking about just folding the shirts up like they would be at the Gap or other store, and just lay them side by side on the table. The only thing I could think of to do with the scarves is maybe create a little colthing rack type stand and drape them over it. Gosh, Im at a loss....
Any ideas or pointers are GREATLY appriciated. Also, can anyone recommend any sort of great little handmade looking sale tags? Im thinking about making my own out of some neat looking card stock, but I havent made up my mind yet. The sale is on the 19th and Id rather get tags that are pre-made vs making my own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shoegazer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005 07:09:22 AM »

I will try Staples, I just didnt want plain old white ones, Im going for something a little more 'special'. Cool, Im glad you like the dowel idea. Its quick, simple and effective in my book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vavalady
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005 07:31:54 AM »

Hi,

I also make scarves and when I did craft shows I would use colorful ribbon and string it along my tent like a clothesline (if it was outdoors) then tie my scarves to the ribbon  I felt it gave my tent a harem look also it attracted customers to my tent because they would see the beautiful colors and prints from afar.  I rarely did indoor shows, but I can see how you can use the same process with a clothing rack.  You can also get peg board and use peg hooks, use colorful ponytail holders instead of scarf clips they are easier on the scarves so you don't get pulls or have to worry about knots or wrinkling. Hope this helps :-)

Vava
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shoegazer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005 06:02:51 PM »

Wow! The pegboard is an great idea! I could paint it with a fun background. Im so glad all of you are willing to share your ideas! Thanks a million.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibimus
Soup Nazi

I'm crackers about cheese, Grommit!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005 11:18:41 AM »

Two words. Duct tape.
Get some willing friends and a couple of rolls of duct tape, and make some duct tape busts for the shirt/scarves...

The pegboard sounds like it would be good too. Neat and sweet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

www.livejournal.com/users/ibimus
www.myspace.com/ibimus
dayzi

Proud momma of 2 Boston Terriers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005 11:53:20 AM »

My sister gave me some tags a while ago that were beautiful..they were a circle, I think made of vellum?  with some metal all around it.   

I think I know the tages you are talking about, or something similar. I just picked some up at the Dollar Tree the other day, they look much better then a plain old staples tag will look. 25 tags come in a pack for $1. Here is a photo

~Karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005 10:09:35 AM »

Does anyone have any other ideas for displaying scarves? I am at a total loss here, and am not sure where i can hang something for my scarves. The table will be set up so my back is against the wall and the stuff is on the table in front of me... Was thinking of hooking up a long cardboard tube (from a roll of cello) thats covered in paper (to make it look more presentable) wiring the ends and some how hanging it on the front lip of the table.... does this make sense? how do i connect it to the table? i have heavy duty clamps... hmmm... i guess thats me thinking out loud. anyone else have more good ideas?

Oh- And i came up with a way to present my pins: Wooden frame, covered in contemporary fabric with batting behind, a fabric pin board! ( imagine an artists canvas but with funky fabric.) and I also bought a galvanized steel bucket thing from the $ store and am using it for my assortment of magnets.
Covering cardboard boxes with wood grain mac tac ( I HEART mactac!!!) is a good idea for risers and such too. Can you tell I majored in window display? I hope not. lol.  Cheesy

p.s. i WISH you could get tags like that in the $store Here!!! tres cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kristin Kimball Discusses the Dirty Life
Lisa Lampanelli Talks About Her Audiobook Chocolate, Please
Life with Author Annie Leonard
Meet Spiritual Guru Michael Beckwith
NFL Coach Brian Billick On More Than a Game
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...