first actual post so bear with me folks lol.thanx so much for the idea. i found a bunch of wodden clothes pins in my basement and made one yesterday. i added a little medalion type of thing that i made out of cooler caps which i was originally going to put on a hemp necklace. they were twist-offs so they were really easy to cut. i cut off the face and used a little hot glue to stick a couple together then punched a hole through with a nail. i gave a little "edging" so to speak lol out of hemp, too. My cam isn't working right now so i just scanned it so i don't sound like a nut job trying to describe it lol.
anyway... for what to do with the remainging peices. i don't think that it would possible to do this with the plastic pegs but with the wooden ones, what i think i'm going to do is make some bracelets out of them seeing as i have enough to make about 4 of these.
- paint pegs black (or w/e color you want. i'm just going to go with black because i'm going with a b&w theme)
- choose image that is long enough to fit over X# of pegs that it will take to fit wrist. (i've podged alot of stuff lately with pics that i've cut out of old encycolpedias from the 70's so i think i'm going to take it from there but you could do it with any pic you want.)
- line pegs up on table side by side in a straigt line
- cover faces of pegs with glue
- place photo over pegs
- let dry
- flip over the pegs and picture and use a utility knife to spearate them back into indivdual pegs
- glue something like a small piece of card over the indent where the spring used to fit so to make a hole.
- thread elastic cord through pegs in order so that when wearing it you can see the pic...yet it's broken up onto each peg if you get what i mean
- tie off however you wish
so yea...that's my input