A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,736
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Peg-spring jewelry  (Read 17211 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stevenjames
what are you gonna make today?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004 04:19:47 PM »

This has got to be one of the most brilliant uses of clothes pins I've ever seen.  I can't wait to make a bracelet for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

learn how to torch enamel: http://macaroniandglitter.com/classes

follow me on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/stevenjames
pookie
Your Lord and Master

Do Crafts, Not Drugs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2004 04:06:01 AM »

I don't know where I saw this but I have a suggestion for the leftover bits.  Hot pads!  Of course I think hot diches would melt plastic and this would be best done with wooden ones but I thought the design looked cool enough to just hang up.  I'm not sure if this will make sense without accompanying pics but you glue like sides together...flat to flat then curved to curved...until you get a circular piece.  it would be cool with patterned colours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well-behaved women rarely make history.
Leontine
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2004 12:53:08 PM »

Here's a link to a lamshade made out of plastic clothespins.  I love how translucent they are!  http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/main/archives/000841.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morbid_freak

Aperson Withnolastname

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2004 12:34:23 AM »

first actual post so bear with me folks lol.thanx so much for the idea. i found a bunch of wodden clothes pins in my basement and made one yesterday. i added a little medalion type of thing that i made out of cooler caps which i was originally going to put on a hemp necklace. they were twist-offs so they were really easy to cut. i cut off the face and used a little hot glue to stick a couple together then punched a hole through with a nail. i gave a little "edging" so to speak lol out of hemp, too. My cam isn't working right now so i just scanned it so i don't sound like a nut job trying to describe it lol.

anyway... for what to do with the remainging peices. i don't think that it would possible to do this with the plastic pegs but with the wooden ones, what i think i'm going to do is make some bracelets out of them seeing as i have enough to make about 4 of these.

- paint pegs black (or w/e color you want. i'm just going to go with black because i'm going with a b&w theme)
- choose image that is long enough to fit over X# of pegs that it will take to fit wrist. (i've podged alot of stuff lately with pics that i've cut out of old encycolpedias from the 70's so i think i'm going to take it from there but you could do it with any pic you want.)
- line pegs up on table side by side in a straigt line
- cover faces of pegs with glue
- place photo over pegs
- let dry
- flip over the pegs and picture and use a utility knife to spearate them back into indivdual pegs
- glue something like a small piece of card over the indent where the spring used to fit so to make a hole.
- thread elastic cord through pegs in order so that when wearing it you can see the pic...yet it's broken up onto each peg if you get what i mean Tongue
- tie off however you wish

so yea...that's my input  Undecided
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004 07:17:41 AM by morbid_freak » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why don't you do some thing productive and kill yourself because standing here next to you is beginning to make me look like an idiot. And trust me, I'm capable of looking like an idiot without your assistance.
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2004 11:07:43 PM »

That is really cute!!! Wow, I would have never thought of it!! How did you think of it? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ariel1660

Live Life in Love

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2004 02:21:42 PM »

Beautiful necklace I just wanna say I just made a necklace exactly like that thanks to you now I have an awesome necklace to wear the first day of school (Tuesday  Cry) Anyways thanks for the fantastic idea!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nutritiongal
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2004 02:24:29 PM »

Oh my god!!! Grin I have those clothes pins at home and I always wanted to make something with them. THANK you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back after a fews years of inactivity and looking forward to getting back into crafting!

Visit my blog: http://roaringtwentieskerri.blogspot.com/
FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2004 02:52:45 PM »

i could only find 8 clothespins, but they're on my shopping list now! fab idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Milly
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2004 03:24:54 PM »

i made a bracelet with 8! go for it i also put little beads on mine well big beads to fit over the wire but you know what i mean!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004 03:49:17 PM by Milly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i want to walk in the snow and not leave a footprint
ariel1660

Live Life in Love

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2004 04:21:52 PM »

I used wooden clothespins or w/e any idea for what to do with the leftovers of those ones?Huh/ Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Judith Viorst Talks About Unexpectedly Eighty
Bernie and Chet Fetch a Thief Book Trailer
Roz Savage Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Meet Supermodel Daisy Fuentes
The Lost Kings Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...