A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,870
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My hands aren't cold anymore. (Furry Fingerless Gloves)  (Read 6577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

backspace
« on: November 06, 2005 03:36:12 PM »

I live in California, to me anything below 60 degrees is cold. I love wearing gloves to keep my hands warm at school, but it's hard to write or do anything else while wearing gloves. I decided I needed some fingerless gloves. The other day I found over a yard of blue faux fur at the thrift store for $3, perfect.

Ta-da!

I can still put my hands in my pockets, one of my hobbies.

Proof that there are two of them.

My sister laughed but then admitted that she wants a pair. I'll debut them at school tomorrow and see what type of reaction they receive. I doubt people will be very surprised as the gloves match my hair, and my shoes.

Each glove is essentially just a rectangle of fabric twice the width of the widest part of my hand, folded in half and sewn up leaving a slit for the thumb, then hemmed at the top and bottom. I didn't make them too form-fitted because the fabric isn't stretchy so they would end up not fitting over my hand. They shed a bit as I didn't finish off the edges very well, but that just adds to the charm. I'd like to make a pair lined in this green satin that I have, but in my experience satin and fur are some of the most difficult fabrics to work with.

Auf wiedersehen!
--Jenna <3
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009 12:51:12 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoveNTheOcean
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005 08:47:29 PM »

OMG, how cute Shocked. They kinda reminde me of that blue dude on monsters inc. lol  Cheesy. I live in California 2, by the way. Sadly, I can't stand it here Undecided. Oh well Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
made4music

Music is bliss :]

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005 05:45:31 PM »

those are cute.  wouldn't your fingers still get cold, though?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
backspace
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005 08:15:23 PM »

Thanks! I spilled Snapple on them today (and all over the Monopoly money). Sad Now I have to find a way to get the spot out.

made4music: They don't get cold because if I'm not using my fingers for something then I can either tuck them into the gloves or put my hands in my pockets.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ronya
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005 08:39:37 AM »

That's a cool idea! I was going to buy something for these purposes cause my hands are always cold Smiley but now I might end up making it myself ^) Thanks for sharing! Hope you find a way to clear them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ronya
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005 07:03:19 AM »

Here you are - I made it, too Smiley)

I love it, it's so comfortable Smiley Thanks a lot for the idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissMeshell
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005 07:20:10 PM »

So cute Smiley I love how you've just hemmed the edge where your fingers are instead of bringing the fabric up each finger a little, I don't like gloves that do that I think they make people look kind of like criminals lol  Grin I think I just have that in my head from cartoon pictures of robbers with their black fingerless gloves Tongue
I wish it was cold enough where I live for gloves because I would definitely be making these! they look so comfy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sushiful
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005 01:41:24 PM »

They look so cozy. Is the inside that weird backing fabric, or is furry, too?

GASP and please, PLEASE show your hair. I have a thing for dyed hair. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
molzy_dudess
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005 03:35:01 AM »

wow cute nd fluffy!!! Grin i NEEEEED them, it gets cold in london at this time of year*shivers*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
|__BRENTFORD FAN BUS_|_| __\
|_________________ |_| ____|
|_(@'@)____________|_|(@)__|
echoglow
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005 06:34:33 PM »

i LOVE the color of that blue fur you used.  it's exactly what ive been looking for for something totally unrelated lol
and ive always liked fingerless gloves like these...i should really try to make some Tongue

awesome job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DruaShield DSLR Sling bag Backpack - Product Review
How to Make a Camera Monopod Walking Stick
Digital Camera Tips: Stage Lighting Setup
Digital Camera Tips: Lens Cleaning
Digital Camera Tips: Why Not Auto White Balance
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...