A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cookie Exchange Party. . .  (Read 3300 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princessblueberry
« on: November 06, 2005 03:29:36 PM »

Any other Betty Crocker types out ther hosting a Cookie Exchange Party?  Lets chat about out pary plans. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
brookem
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005 07:10:22 PM »

umm, whats a cookie exchange?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
princessblueberry
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005 08:43:42 PM »

A cookie exchange is where you invite a bunch of friends for a party and swap cookies.  Each person bakes severyal dozen of the same cookie and everyone walks away with a variety of cookies. 

Some hosteses have you bake a dozen for each participant but I like big parties and have each gal make 3-4 dozen cookies in packs of 4 cookies and bring copies of their recipe.  We have coffie, tea, extra cookies, snacks, lots of girl talk, exchange cookie recipes and cookies.  A little twist I like to add to my Cookie Exchange is helping others. . .last time people braught things for the Women's Shelter as well and some gals made an extra batch of cookies.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

brookem
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005 09:09:31 PM »

sounds like fun! i've gone to a similar sort of party- everyone brought a bunch of wool and we made a pile of scarves for the women's refuge. everyone brought a plate for lunch.

i'm sure your event will be a success... you might like to try www.chefs.com if you or any of your guests need some inspiration
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
KCGal
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005 08:25:52 PM »

I'm thinking of a cookie exchange for my Christmas party in early December.  My theme is "Loco for Cocoa," and I plan to have several different hot chocolate recipes, with or without "adult" mix-ins (Bailey's, Kahlua, etc.).  Maybe all the cookies would have to involve chocolate....

I'd love to hear some clever new "twists" on this "old school" tradition.  princessblueberry, I like the charitable dimension to your party.

Keep those ideas coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessblueberry
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005 11:24:17 AM »

I'm thinking of a cookie exchange for my Christmas party in early December.  My theme is "Loco for Cocoa," and I plan to have several different hot chocolate recipes, with or without "adult" mix-ins (Bailey's, Kahlua, etc.).  Maybe all the cookies would have to involve chocolate....

Sounds like a fun theme!  LOVE chocolate but what woman doesent? (ok. . .so I know a few but most. . . Tongue)

My theme for decorations and prizes is Vintage Christmas. . .found a 12 pack of vintage Christmas Balls and am going to pair thoes up with bath goodies wrapped in white tissue paper for the Centerpieces and prizes.  Then I've got a red and white fashon scarf and a box of party light candles for the big prizes. 

I'll be playing Celtic Harp Christmas CD and maybe the Mothers CD (also irish, a compolation of singer. . .all songs about mothers, fitting for a women's party as all have or are one Cool )

Am going to have everyone introdce themselves and tell a story about their favorite cookie.  Who knowes how big the party will get cause I've offered to host for all the ladies in Church.  We'll see what they say during the meeting crosses her fingers I hope, I hope!  LOL, can you tell I like to host parties?  This crazy lady will do a 7 course meal just for fun. . .insane I know but still fun!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

KCGal
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005 03:01:44 PM »

Oh!  Vintage Christmas!!  What a great theme...so up my alley.  I definitely use entertaining as one of my creative outlets, since it involves invitations (paper crafting), cooking (well...not my strongest suit), and decorating (again, I'm crafting).  Sounds like we are cut from the same cloth!

Have fun and thanks for the great ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queen bizzle
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005 05:40:20 PM »

Does anyone have any ideas for party favors?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KCGal
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005 08:16:50 PM »

for party favors, an easy thing would be cool cookie cutters (like those large copper ones) tied with pretty ribbon.  Simple, affordable, useful, tasteful, and relates to the cookie exchange theme. 

I have ordered some chocolate candles from a local store to give as party favors at my "Loco for Cocoa" party.  Everyone likes candles!  I have seen plenty of "Sugar Cookie"-scented candles, so that would be a good tie-in for the theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessblueberry
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005 10:22:59 AM »

Somewhere out there there is a recipe for applesause ornaments (you mix up a dough with applesause and spices as main ingredient and dry them. . .I plan on making thoes next year)

Last time I had everyone bring copies of their recipe and had cookbooks made out of envylopes made for them and bath goodies that I'd made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

KimmyLynne82
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I enjoy being a dame.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010 09:29:04 AM »

I know this topic is WAY old, but I'm thinking of hosting one of these for all the women in my family. Usually we all go Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but many of us just can't handle the crowds any more and get too feisty Smiley

I thought this might be a fun alternative...and give some of the ladies a morning/afternoon away from their spouses and kids - who doesn't want that!? Help them get a head start on their baking too!

I just thought I'd bump this up for any one else who might be thinking of the same type of party...or maybe it will inspire some one to have a crafty swap party...every one brings some supplies and you all make something - either as gifts, to keep yourself, or donate to a charity (blankets/scarves/hats for shelters or children's organizations, for example).

Thanks for the ideas, girlies...I hope others chime in! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Kim~*
wists~ Swap Ideas on Pinterest~Blog~Twitter: @ThePeachMartini

I <3 Personal Swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hottest Swimwear Under the Sun For a Steal
5 Ways To Wear A Printed Pencil Skirt
Get Excited for Cannes Film Festival Fashion
Diane Kruger Shows Major Midriff and More from the Prabal Gurung Dinner
Styling Tips For Great Gatsby Hair Accessories
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...