A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: attn SYRACUSE area crafters! want to craft together?  (Read 1177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

helen_on_earth
« on: November 05, 2005 09:54:19 AM »

I saw someone at "the" mall last night wearing a craftster t-shirt, and although I was too shy to say hi it got me thinking.

I'm considering having weekly crafting get-togethers at my vintage clothing store... nothing too organized, just a chance to sit around a big table and work on the project you've been meaning to finish.  I haven't had much time to craft since I opened the store, so basically this is a way to trick myself into relaxing and playing a bit...  plus I won't have to clean my house to have anyone over!

Anyone else interested?
thanks, helen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

helen
Secret Lentil Reconstructed Clothing
http://SecretLentil.etsy.com
Knit_Dork24

Do you feel crafty? Well, do ya... punk?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005 08:42:08 AM »

lol, would "the" mall be Caurosel? I call it "the" mall too because it's normally the one I go to (because it's closest to me).

Anyhoos. A  crafting-get-together would be cool, and I'd love to check out your store! I know exactly where it is. I live around Western Lights Plaza, by the way. I'm also a little on the shy side, but it would be cool to meet fellow local crafters.

Come on syracuse crafter's, I know your out there.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blondes here don't jump out of cakes

http://eat-sleep-knit.blogspot.com
helen_on_earth
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005 09:32:13 AM »

Ok, I know you're out there. 

We've got a few knitters behind the scenes and it looks like we'll get this started.  I hope the knitters will tolerate me, as I assume they are better organized and more able to follow instructions than I am... I tend to weave and sew together old t-shirts, ribbon, new and recycled wool... into handbags, or sometimes just into weird shrunken lumps stuck to the bottom of the washing machine - then of course I get mad when they don't work.  Plus I'm fond of reconstructed clothes that normally end up too weird for anyone to want to wear.  I'm hoping to find other people who are doing the same - but will welcome those with discipline as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

helen
ophelia99
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005 01:35:47 PM »

hey! I'm new to the area, I just moved here in october, but I've been looking for a crafty community!  I do a little knitting and a little sewing, but I'm not really all that great at either.. I'm a beginner for sure but would love to get together with crafty girls to inspire each other and just talk.... i'm not working on any projects as of now, but I could always get something going...

where is your store? do you have a website? I'd love to see it...  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace" -- Michael Franti and spearhead
helen_on_earth
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005 07:23:32 AM »

Hurray - yes, join us!  We've only been doing this for a few weeks so it's been small but fun so far.  Here's my site http://www.highlyAtomic.com - directions are on the site but email me or call if you need more details.  Can't wait to meet you! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

helen
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Genova Talks About Still Alice
The Bone Box Book Trailer
Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman Talks About Long Way Down
Ted Bell Talks About Tsar
Eric Weiner Talks About The Shadow Market
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...