A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swapper Swap - NOVEMBER  (Read 28679 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2005 05:24:23 AM »

*hoping that when Bigmouth makes the beans and weanie sandwich, she invites me over for dinner*

Grin
yum, yum

Rackycoo,
Don't go there. The food in there looks seriously gross. I can't imagine that some housewife back in 1961 actually took the time to duplicate those recipes.

Bigmouth, it's all yours, hon!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2005 06:13:35 AM »

how fun to make things with those pictures though.  Great gift. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewlikewhoa
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2005 06:19:34 AM »

It always amazes me how food pictured in recipes from the 50's/60's/70's look do disgusting. The recipes sound good, but the pictures they provide well they make you lose your appetite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"underwater, I wrote drowning"
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2005 07:45:07 AM »

I am SOOOO excited!  I got a package from Bobolink!  She is always too good to me!  Here's what I got Smiley

I asked for a headband from this posthttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=36027.0, and I got two of them!  In the perfect universal colors.  I am going to wear one today, but I don't know which one yet!  I'll get an "action shot" when I do... but lets just say I am not camera ready at 7 a.m.!  I LOOOVE how they both can go with pretty much everything I own!  These will become a daily staple... YAY!!!  (I am so pumped up, if you can't tell!  I had family in town yesterday and didn't get to check my mail--I'm bad like that sometimes--and I literally just got these!)  Ok, anyways... she also sent me a tie headband, as you can see matches the awesome scarf she made me for the Ongoing Swap.  I might be crazy, but I think it will also be doubling as a scarf for Camdyn, so we can match!

She is so great she also sent me some cute hair pins.  Each flower in this little pot is a separate hairpin and the one that I took out is a butterfly.  My hair is an awkward just-below-the-shoulder length (I'm trying to grow it out) and I always need to put something in it to make it look decent!

She also used some of her great sushi packing tape on the package... hehe, which means more fun for me, I can't throw anything that pretty away!

THANK YOU. BOBOLINK!  You are too good to me and a fabulous swapper! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandie
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2005 11:57:43 AM »

i will post pics soon, but i just had to tell everyone that the bag i got from pink mafia is the coolest bag ever! so cute. just wait until i post pics. you will see it in all its glory. so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2005 01:08:33 PM »

OMG.
I just got a package from synne and it's awesome! here's what she sent:

some pink and green fabric, 2 really great colors. some purple and blue chenille yarn, and soft multi-colored pretty yarn. i already have a project for the chenielle stuff, too!

turtle earring, which i'm in love with! she also sent some white button earrings, too, but i couldn't get a good picture of them. (plus, i'm wearing them)

some turtle buttons! i'm so excited about these, but i don't know what to do with them, so i'll save 'em. they're totally awesome. these and the turtle earrings were made out of fimo clay, which i now have to try.

Thank you so much sara, this stuff is really great!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011 01:03:21 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
Bobolink

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2005 01:23:22 PM »

I am SOOOO excited!  I got a package from Bobolink!  She is always too good to me!  Here's what I got Smiley

I asked for a headband from this posthttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=36027.0, and I got two of them!  In the perfect universal colors.  I am going to wear one today, but I don't know which one yet!  I'll get an "action shot" when I do... but lets just say I am not camera ready at 7 a.m.!  I LOOOVE how they both can go with pretty much everything I own!  These will become a daily staple... YAY!!!  (I am so pumped up, if you can't tell!  I had family in town yesterday and didn't get to check my mail--I'm bad like that sometimes--and I literally just got these!)  Ok, anyways... she also sent me a tie headband, as you can see matches the awesome scarf she made me for the Ongoing Swap.  I might be crazy, but I think it will also be doubling as a scarf for Camdyn, so we can match!
She is so great she also sent me some cute hair pins.  Each flower in this little pot is a separate hairpin and the one that I took out is a butterfly.  My hair is an awkward just-below-the-shoulder length (I'm trying to grow it out) and I always need to put something in it to make it look decent!

She also used some of her great sushi packing tape on the package... hehe, which means more fun for me, I can't throw anything that pretty away!

THANK YOU. BOBOLINK!  You are too good to me and a fabulous swapper! 
Yay! I'm so glad you got the stuff and you like it! You are so much fun to swap with cause you really appreciate what I make for you and I think I have a pretty good understanding of what you like by now..unless you're lying to me about how much you like the stuff of course  Wink
I have this great image of visiting Las Vegas and running into this person and being like- I made that scarf, headband and those baby booties and the scarf on your baby!
I think that's a great idea to give the head scarf to camdyn- you guys will look so cute! I wish I could have made that one with the pattern you liked, but I didn't have nearly enough yarn left, but I decided to do what I could with every inch of what I had so you could have something matching.
The black scarf is with Woolease which is 30% wool and the brown is with an Italian yarn that I'm pretty sure is 100% wool (merino I think) so if it gets chilly you can pull them over your ears.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2005 04:33:22 PM »

Ok I got all my mail today and I about freaked right out from happiness. (well that and caffiene but yeah mostly happiness)

I didn't even know that I had not ONE but TWO people pick me for the swap. So I got two total surprises in the mail today!!

First I got my second wish, some just down right cool mini pins from sweetiepiepress
My scanner kinda did a crap job of expressing their awesomeness but here they are!

I especially love the tongue one and the cherries Smiley Thanks so much Becky your stuff is amazing.

Next, I got a massive box of yarn. Not just a box of yarn, but a 5lb box of yarn.  Shocked Shocked This was my first wish, for brite yarns in all colors. (I love the 70's yarns!)
 kittykill you are the coolest person walking, seriously. *nodnod* [edited because I found out who sent me the box!]

I'm in love with the deep deep 70's plum color and the shiney green and I freaked out with happiness to have more course mustard yellow yarn for making Jayne Cobb hats.
You are so my hero!

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005 05:20:10 PM by Shotgun_Bettie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2005 04:33:42 PM »

Yay! I'm so glad you got the stuff and you like it! You are so much fun to swap with cause you really appreciate what I make for you and I think I have a pretty good understanding of what you like by now..unless you're lying to me about how much you like the stuff of course  Wink
I have this great image of visiting Las Vegas and running into this person and being like- I made that scarf, headband and those baby booties and the scarf on your baby!
I think that's a great idea to give the head scarf to camdyn- you guys will look so cute! I wish I could have made that one with the pattern you liked, but I didn't have nearly enough yarn left, but I decided to do what I could with every inch of what I had so you could have something matching.
The black scarf is with Woolease which is 30% wool and the brown is with an Italian yarn that I'm pretty sure is 100% wool (merino I think) so if it gets chilly you can pull them over your ears.

I love everything you send me, Bobolink Smiley  I definetly need to walk around with a little sign that says "styled by Bobolink."  I was thinking this morning  when it was so chilly, that these can definetly do double duty in the cold weather!

So today, had certainly been my day for swap packages... I got my other November unconditonal package today, a pincushion!  I don't know who it is from, all I have is a first initial and last name...  It's so cute I would love to know who to thank!  He's a sweet little pig!  I love it that he has weight to him too!  Perfect Smiley  Thank you so much anonymous swapper!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/36443DSCN3834.JPG
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011 01:01:56 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2005 08:15:45 PM »

i recieved an AWESOME revamped day planner today from big mouth! its sooo awesome, thank you so much, i cant even explain the awesome ness of this organizer, AND ITS MARILYN MONROE!!!

the front

front and back opened

back, and the flap says ive been on a calender but never on time

fire view when opened

another

back page

another

THANK YOU SO MUCH BIGMOUTH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy, Breezy Mermaid Hair Tutorial
Gold Tipped Braids at Mara Hoffman NYFW 2014
Half Up Bella Thorne Hair Tutorial
How to Change Your Hair from Day to Night Look
How to Create Mermaid Curls
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...