A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what are you listening to whilst crafting?  (Read 35615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rain
Teal Turtle Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2005 08:44:38 PM »

I've been listening to lots of Tori Amos lately. Celtic music puts me in the mood for crafting and dancing, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LisaMRose
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2005 11:31:41 AM »

Sometimes while I'm sewing/knitting/crocheting in class while listening to music, people will walk up to me and steal my headphones to listen, and half of them can't believe I can work with anything but classical music or something quiet like that. But mostly I craft to The Beatles, Something Corporate, Armor for Sleep, Bright Eyes, Hellogoodbye, a little Yellowcard, Dashboard Confessional, some Lifehouse, Iron and Wine, Hawthorne Heights... yeah. There are some other 'random' songs on my crafting playlist that don't really fit in with the others, but I like them -- some Dave Matthews, Dandy Warhols, Kill Hannah... yeah. It's a pretty weird mix sometimes, if people steal my player and listen to that particular playlist they kind of look at me funny. I think there's even some country on there -- not that that's bad, but my friends don't really like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa M. Rose
Sharla

I love my very first rotary cutter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2005 03:30:38 PM »

We recently got XM, and I've been listening to a lot of channel 81, BPM ( dance music). I'm not a huge fan of dance music, but it kinda gets me motivated with the fast beats and such.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005 03:33:51 PM by Sharla » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: http://stellasjewels.etsy.com
My Friend Sheri's shop http://GlitterKnitter.etsy.com
I'm also Sharla on Ravelry!
corinne_x3
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2005 03:45:00 PM »

Fall Out Boy
Black Eyed Peas
Hellogoodbye
The Track Record
Ciara
Kasabian
Mariah Carey
and oh so much more...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeadRedhead
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2005 11:58:19 PM »

the misfits! i lalalalave them. the adicts, dead milkmen, clash, ramones, sex pistols, buzzcocks. some heavy metal and local shit too.

Except for the "heavy metal" that's a lot of what I listen to, too. I pretend metal doesn't exist unless it's amazingly good. Anyway, I simply do not understand how anyone can craft while listening to all the mellow stuff people have listed. I need energetic music or I get bored with what I'm doing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dewey

A true friend stabs you in the front - O. Wilde

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2005 07:45:59 PM »

Hey...I know there was a swap on this topic but I'm looking to make mixes for myself to craft by

Any suggestions of good albums etc

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008 05:36:49 PM by jungrrl - Reason: Edited to comply with Craftster guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkBalletShoes
...Oh, she's a crafty one, she is...

.:Drama Queen.. in the most literal sense:.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2005 08:16:20 PM »

Jack Johnson- In Between Dreams- is one of my faves! Also, I love good old school Presidents of the United States of America self titled album is a good one for rockin out  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free- Look out!-
aliclimb
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2005 01:14:00 PM »

Oh, Presidents are great for cranking out stuff!  It depends on what I'm making.  I listen to more moody stuff when I paint, like Eels, Nick Cave, and Tom Waits.  For a lot of other stuff I like more upbeat music like Scissor Sisters, Heartless Bastards, White Stripes...I like a TON of different stuff, though so this can change from day to day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dewey

A true friend stabs you in the front - O. Wilde

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2005 02:50:32 PM »

Thanks folks

Its funny...as soon as I wrote this the floodgates openend and I thought of a bunch of stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fruithead
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2005 05:11:10 PM »

Anyone here listen to the Postal Service? None of my friends have heard of them, my cousin recently made fun of me saying all "my bands" were named after wierd things (aka.. Dashboard Confessional, the Postal Service, Spill Canvas, Armor for Sleep) he's just a sheltered child musically Wink

i love the postal service (way before anyone i know ever heard of them, might i add). their album is wonderful. i hope they make another.

my tastes keep growing and changing. i'm constantly finding new (and not-so-new)  bands/singers to love. my playlist usually includes pj harvey (after a break up, uh huh her, is a wonderful album), beck, death cab, something corporate (i'm currently listening to konstantine on repeat), foo fighters, cyndi lauper, pixies, matt barber (a wonderful canadian), jill barber (his equally wonderful sister), sarah slean, tegan and sara, weezer, dashboard, beatles, anything motown or 50's/60's pop, hawksley workman, tori amos, the gossip, le tigre, pat benetar, 80's, metric, liz phair, journey, kelly clarkson (my guilty pleasure), joel plaskett

there are many more but that list is long enough
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Philippa Gregory on Her Audiobooks
A Lakeside Q&A with Ryan Winfield
History in Five: Abraham Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation
The Legend of Sheba by Tosca Lee
How This Author Discovered The Untold Story Behind The Creation Of Facebook
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...