A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vermont Weddings  (Read 3031 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

philodendron5
« on: November 04, 2005 01:58:24 AM »

Hey All!

So! I'm recently engaged and it seems like my life is now strictly wedding... at least that's what my brain has been telling me.  Grin I was just wondering if  any of you crafty people have gotten married in the Burlington area and might have some pointers for me.. Please? Right now I really would like to be married in the old round church in Richmond Vermont... now the problem is finding an affordable reception. Oy.  Grin ANYWAY! Any input would be most appreciated! Thank you!

KATE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meatwad: I'm satan's onion... or scallion, something like that.

Frylock: I think you mean minion.

Meatwad: oh yeah, that's right.
bitibis
Bona Fide Tree Hugger

Fuzzy Bunny!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005 10:49:58 AM »

I don't have any pointers, but congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vtgirl
"Impossible sir, it's in Johnson's underwear."

Loves flow charts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005 10:44:49 AM »

Hello,  I'm a vermonter not currently living there but...  I heard the waiting list for the old round church was like years so i'd check that out first.  what about the waterfront?  or ira allen chapel on uvm campus, that's a gorgeous place.  anyway, congrats, i just got married june 25 and planned my whole wedding by myself.  i miss home so much.  give church street a kiss for me and have some gravy fries!  (stupid people down here dont' even know what gravy fries are)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved." ~ Gandalf

Twitter = sicavt
fire*rocket
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005 10:00:46 AM »

Congratulations!!  I loved planning my wedding- it was a blast and because I had just under a year was able to lots of special touches.

I've been to the round church and it was really neat.  From there my friends had their reception at Bolton Mountain (this was in September 3.5 years ago) and it was wonderful.

I got married and had the reception at the Old Lantern in Charlotte.  At the time it was $1800 for a 24 hour rental and included tables and chairs and complete use of the facility.  I liked that because my friends could camp out there once it was officially over and not worry about getting to a hotel.  We had the Dog Team Tavern cater and they were also the preferred bar service.  They are very reasonably priced- I think around $17 a plate.  I highly recommend them for a wedding caterer.  I enjoyed planning the wedding and really enjoyed the day- it was just what I wanted and we only spent around $12,000.  Good luck!  Let me know if I can help with anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaimek
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006 07:04:36 AM »

Hi!  I moved to VT about 1 1/2 years ago... I got married at the Grand Isle Lake House in Grand Isle.  It was realllllly nice and I'm happy we chose that place. 

I've been to weddings at North Hero House (YUCK!) and the Skinner Barn in Waitsfield (very nice).  We looked at Kingsland Bay State Park (nice if you're have a very small wedding, but you have to be out by set), and Basin Harbor Club (too resorty).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sweet_Enemy
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006 05:16:15 AM »

Hey there,

My best friend came all the way from Atlanta back to Burlington to have her wedding, and it was held right next to the boardwalk.  The Boathouse at the time was available for a nice small reception area (it is pretty small!) which fit just right for her event. 

There are of course lots of sweet little churches tucked away in Chittenden county.... Just past the williston sprawl is the pretty chill village of Williston, which has a nice small brick church.  Etc.

good luck and congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xcriot
Don't mind if I do..

MMMbop, It's like an addiction.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006 09:23:53 AM »

Another thing about the round church is that there aren't any toilets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If these walls came crumblin' down
Fell so hard, to make us lose our faith
From what's left you'd figure it out
Still make lemonade taste like a sunny day
Freekama
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009 12:13:23 PM »

Hey! I haven't gotten married, but I love planning weddings and I am helping my sister plan hers now.  She is looking to do it at one of the very nice State parks Vermont has.  there are so many around and they are not that expensive.  As for the food, I planned a party about a year ago and had Boves Cater. They are a very nice local restaurant who sells they're product all around the county, but they only have the one restaurant.  its buffet style and you have to set it up your self, but each plate comes with a choice of Spaghetti, lasagna and other delicious american-Italian food which is a huuuuge portio, it also comes with a starting salad and bread with butter.  Here is the kicker....each plate is under $5!!!!  insane right?? Check them out online.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Candy Wreath
How to Make a Pop-Up Gift-Card Holder
DIY Mini Christmas Tree Centerpieces
Unique Gift Ideas For Those Who Are Hands On
Turkey Centerpiece with Jesse Tyler Ferguson
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...