A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,751
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Very cute gift idea from "red envelope"  (Read 3592 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mjadams
« on: November 03, 2005 08:42:26 PM »

Hey fellow craftsters
      I was looking at red envelope tonight, and i found the cutest thing! Its a wish ball, you put your wishes in it for the year. I was thinking it would be a really cute Christmas/new years gift. I don't know how to insert a link to the page, but check it out! Its called the wish ornament.
     I want to make something for my friends like a wish ornament, or journal or something for the new year The ornament is cool but i think that we could make our own crafty version much cheaper, anyone have any idea?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
funkyhooker
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005 06:36:16 PM »

Ok, this idea isn't REAL well thought out but here's my first idea.  They (michaels, ac moore, ect ect) sell clear plastic ball ornaments.  They are mega cheap (like 59 cents) and you could do a swirled paint design on the INSIDE of the ball (for durability's sake).  You could even e6000 some itty bitty rhinestones on the outside that say "WISH".  hey....... I might do this too! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
mjadams
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005 11:59:19 AM »

Wow!!! What a great idea! I love it!:) Another thing that i was thinking was doing a wish altoid tins...some velvet inside, some rhinestones on the outside! That way people could take the wished with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flyinpurplemunkiez
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005 02:42:48 PM »

Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/amq2d
I love red envelope but everything in there is so darn expnsive. A lot of it seems very diyable. I especially like their iou gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005 01:04:59 PM »

This is a cute idea. I was thinking about doing something similar for my Mom only for goals for the year. Or a happy box, you know write what makes you happy on a piece of paper then when you're feeling blue take it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boywonder

Oh I've got all the courage, I'll ever need.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005 02:53:15 PM »

That's a really cool idea *puts in Christmas Gifts folder*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alacarte
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005 12:42:23 PM »

My aunt started a tradition of passing the wish ball around the family.  She found a metal ball that opened to hide presents and wrote a little poem to go along with it.  All the women pass it around the family.  Everyone puts a little something in it for the next person to find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mjadams
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005 06:45:08 PM »

how cool!! I am working on making a wish ball. So far i got some cool velvet on sale at joannes. one step down:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005 05:47:29 AM »

My aunt started a tradition of passing the wish ball around the family.  She found a metal ball that opened to hide presents and wrote a little poem to go along with it.  All the women pass it around the family.  Everyone puts a little something in it for the next person to find.

That is so neat!

I was thinking of taking the clear balls mentioned above and putting that "fake snow" type paint stuff on it, so it looks like a snowball (I'd probably seal it too.) Then adding wish to the outside with gold maybe. I think it would be fun to do this as a family and then read them the next year before putting in new ones. This may be a new tradition! Thanks mjadams for bringing this to my attention!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

decibel
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005 12:24:29 PM »

Thanks ladies for being so inspirational!

All your ideas and takes on the 'wish ball' are really great, including the 'Happy box' one! I think I'll try this for Christmas too...

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Michelle Harrison on Her New Book Unrest
Hilary Weisman Graham on Her Book Reunited
Bremmer on His Book Every Nation For Itself in a G-Zero World
Sequels: Do You Need to Read the First Book?
M.O.M. (Mom Operating Manual) Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...