A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frustration  (Read 1281 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2005 12:47:50 PM »

I just completed my first swap not to long ago.  I put a lot of effort into what I made and a lot of it were things I tried the first time and it turned out well I thought.  I excitedly sent everything to my partner and heard nothing!!!!  I had to e-mail her 3 times just to make sure that she recieved the package.  She never acknowledged anything in the thread, so I finally posted pictures.

Imagine my surprise when her swap partner posts pictures of her loot and some items I made had been regifted!  This is pretty upsetting to me, because I worked my butt of on this stuff and I think it was completely rude since she knew I would see them in the thread. 

Is this normal practice in swaps and I am just being overly sensitive?

Comments are appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005 01:25:12 PM »

Whiskey, no you are not being overly sensitive and this is not normal practice in swaps.  It is uncommonly tacky and dishonest and shame on whoever it was that did that to you.  It's rude not to acknowledge a gift, but to then regift it (with the impression that it was their creation) in the presence of the giver is inexcusable.   If I were in your place I'd email the swap moderators and reported this deplorable behavior.  IMO, this should get negative feedback with a note for the reason.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
classycrafter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005 01:28:36 PM »

I agree with fidget! That is so incredibly rude!! I definetly think that person should get a negative review. Sorry you had such a bad experience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005 02:30:48 PM »

This person will also have to have the swap listed on their profile to get feedback. Check to see if it is listed and if not then the organizer needs to be contacted and corrected. good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
grasshopper

Do you like me? Make an assessment.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005 02:56:53 PM »

Hey-
I don't like that either!  Maybe if she had acknowledged, like, "These *items* Whiskey made were so cool , I had to share with *insert name here*"  I wanted to do that once- but I asked the person and the moderator.  The creator crafted multiples of something for me.  They were so awesome that I wanted to share.  She so excited that I was excited!  What ended up happening though was we made a deal- I crafted something else for her that she wanted and she sent one of her creations to my partner!!  That long-winded story was, I think, to say that she should have asked.  It could have turned out so much differently if she had only asked!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005 02:58:25 PM by grasshopper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The time has come
The walrus said
To talk of many things-
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax-
Of cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
ax174
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005 06:23:47 AM »

Whiskey, you should post to that thread that your partner re-gifted.  That way, there'll be a permanent record of it against that person.  What that person did was rude, and deserves it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005 09:52:15 AM »

I regifted recently. I asked my partner ahead of time and the person who sent the itemto me isn't active anymore but I still let everyone in the swap know on the thread. It was a beautiful address book that I didn't need and felt bad having it sit around. my partner didn't mind and I did add some stuff toadd to it before sending along with my crafted goods. Generally with out permission from the original person who crafted it I would say no, its rude. Also, I think you should ask your partner if they mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
ax174
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005 11:09:40 AM »

The re-gifting without credit or persmission reminds me of a Secret Santa thing we had at a place I used to  work.  The deal is that all employees would put their name into a hat.  You would each draw a name, and you would give that person a treat or small gift secretly, once a week until the holidays.  At the staff holiday party, you announced who you were the Secret Santa for.

One smart-*ss used to wait for his gift from his Secret Santa, then re-gift it to the person he was supposed to secretly give to.  Effectively, he was opting out but closing the loop so no-one knew.  Only problem was if he liked the gift he would keep it, and get something really cheap for his giftee.  And sometimes if the gift he received had a few things, he would keep the one or two things he wanted, then send the rest on.

It would've been really cheesy, had we not discovered later that he wasn't the only employee doing it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005 04:55:42 PM »

Whiskey.. wow, thats such crap! and i agree that you should post so in your swap's thread.

i personally have regifted a few things. but... they were sent only in addition to my creations. and i make sure i let the my partner know that these were not created by me. and the only reason is because i've recieved things that were not my style and i would rather pass them on then leave them sitting on my shelves being unused and unappreciated.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Maintain Weaves and Wigs
5 Questions to Ask Your Hairstylists Before Getting a Weave
How To Create A Sleek Ponytail
Interview with Celebrity Colorist Christophe Robin
How to Style a Power Pony
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...