A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,356
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: calgary, anyone?  (Read 34177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meli-melo
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2006 08:32:13 AM »

Also, does anyone know of a good place to take sewing classes? Or to affordable places to get their sewing machine serviced?

I am planning on taking one of the all-year sewing courses offered here: http://www.chinooklearningservices.com/ContEd/AdultSubsections/SewingHouseHome.html
They are quite affordable (less than $13/class) and I have taken a class with them before and the instructor was great but I would like to see what other options are out there. And I need to get my machine serviced before the class starts but the places I have looked into so far seem really expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peariso
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2006 11:59:30 AM »

if anyone is interested.

The UNITED WAY HOLIDAY CRAFT and BAKE SALE

Thursday, November 16th

11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Nexen Garden Court / Atrium

TABLE REGISTRATION FEE: $20.00 (100% registration fee proceeds are donated to Nexen's 2006 United Way Campaign)

OPEN TO ALL NEXEN EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, STUDENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS

INTERESTED in PARTICIPATING?

Registration forms are available by contacting Rhonda Johnson, Event Coordinator via email or by calling 699-4615

Deadline for registration is Friday, Sept. 15!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
meli-melo
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2007 02:35:00 PM »

I have this collection of Make It Yourself books from the 70s that are full of knitting, sewing, crocheting, creweling patterns and other things. There are 20 books in the series and I think I am missing two. Anyway, I have way too much stuff and I was wondering if another local craftster would like to take them off my hands and have fun looking through them for a while. I think some of the patterns would be easily modernized but I don't see myself getting to them anytime soon.

Anyway, if anyone is interested send me a pm and you can have them, all you need to do is pick them up. Here is an image of some that someone is selling on ebay: http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/83/a4/03f7_1_b.JPG (that someone isn't me btw - I just thought if anyone was interested they might want to see a photo).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lizbot

is it just me or is it getting awesome in here?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2007 02:15:40 PM »

that's so funny. I have the same set of books. I think I'm missing 3 though. I should check which ones when I get home... or maybe I should get rid of mine too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jlmc
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2007 03:53:42 PM »

do you ladies have any finished projects you want to show off i love to look at the work we can all do. I only do beading like i said i teach alot but I've slowed down for the year and i'm starting to get my mojo back but I would love to see what we all can do. Has anyone worked with the metal clay yet? Anyone working with crystals? Show us!!! Jessie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knit_north
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2007 02:38:20 PM »

hello hello
i'm visiting calgary from whitehorse in a couple weeks - i saw a list of wool shops in another topic (!!) but was wondering about indie fashion..
any cool shops i should check out? or even an area of town for such things
[for example if someone was visiting victoria bc, i'd direct them down johnston street for smoking lily and and the other little shops that carry canadian designs]

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peariso
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2007 02:47:37 PM »

There are a couple of area you may want to check out.  Kensington and 10th some great shops.  Of course there is 17th ave (the red mile).  A good place to find that special something.  I would also head over to 4th street lots of shops and if you are here in May you can take in the lilac festival.

Have fun here and i hope you enjoy your stay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
bridiem13
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2007 03:13:44 PM »

Hi, I am new to Calgary. I am from toronto and I know there we have an area downtown where there are streets and streets of fabric stores. I was wondering if there is anything like that here in Calgary. Even if it's not like a huge area and just one small section of the city, please do let me know. Any information will help. thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizbot

is it just me or is it getting awesome in here?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2007 06:37:22 PM »

Sadly we don't have much for fabric stores other than Fabricland... and there's none downtown!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meli-melo
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2007 04:06:49 PM »

Thought I would try and kick this thread into gear again. Has anyone checked out the Calgary Artist's Market yet? I keep missing it but here is the link:

http://calgaryartistsmarket.blogspot.com

It is supposed to be on the 3rd Saturday of every month at the Carpenter's Union Hall which is in Kensington - nice and close the the Sunnyside C-train station.

Anyone know of anything else like this going on in town?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Supreme Tracking - Final Cut Pro
How to Get Smooth Cam Results - Motion 3
How to Create Advanced Time Remapping - FCP 6
How to Make Good Green Screens for Under a Dollar
How to Round-Trip From FCP to Shake - Final Cut Pro 6
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...