Here are two knotted bracelets I made using crochet thread and a few clear glass seed beads.http://myspace-122.vo.llnwd.net/00291/22/17/291087122_l.jpghttp://myspace-604.vo.llnwd.net/00291/40/66/291086604_m.jpgTutorial
(for beige one - green uses twice as many strands):
I won't attempt to draw instructions for tying square knots. You'll need to know how to tie square knots using 2 strands and then how to tie square knots using more strands, with the extras hiding out in the middle. I think this site demonstrates well:http://www.jewelrycord.com/Knot_Guide_for_Cords_Page01.htm
to tie with 2 strands simly leave out the middle 2 they show. The "alternating square knot" is the basis for this bracelet and is used to form the "rows" I speak of.
1) start with 20 strands, work square knots using 2 strands for 3 rows
2) add bead to each strand
3) work sqare knots using 4 strands each for 3 rows. Then leave off 2 strands on each end for each row to form point
4) work row of 2-strand sqare knots to finish edge of point, starting from outside and working in
5) Add beads to each strand (you will be able to fit more per strand farther from the middle). Leave enough string free before knotting to make nice round shape.
6) starting in middle, work knots with 2 strands each. First row just one knot, then add a strand to each side each row to make opposite point. You will be shaping point by where you place this first layer of knots. Continue for 3 rows
7) Weave strands, one over the other, from the middle out. When the middle 2 strands meet the outer 2 tie square knot on each side. The strand that was the middle is now considered the outside. Weave the next middle strand to meet the outside strand and tie another knot. Continue to form the diamond, adding beads as desired. Work 2 more rows of knots.
8) Add beads to each strand again, this time leave more space at the base of the point - you can add 2 or 3 beads in the middle this time. Leave enough string free to make the nice round shape in the middle of the bracelet.
9) Starting with the middle 2, work knots to form point in opposite direction, as you did in step 6.
10) Continue working elements in opposite direction to form 2nd half of bracelet.