A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what are your favorite independent stores in Columbus??  (Read 7782 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ayisha

my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006 08:02:08 PM »

There's a few antique shops all along High Street - Grandview Mercantile is fancy upscale and on High near 1st I think, Eclectiques is on High near Como in Clintonville (and there's several others in that general area, but Eclectiques is the biggest and has the sweetest mid-century modern-filled basement).  There's another just south of downtown on High too, can't remember the name tho.  And there's a big-ass one near Reynoldsburg, at the corner of Brice Rd. and Livingston Ave.  That's where I be.  There's a TON of sweet crafty and non-crafty stuff, and none of the kajillion-million old folks buy it.  God, they're everywhere.  Help me.   Cry
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006 08:06:08 PM by ayisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy shop = http://ayisha.etsy.com/  . . .  ebay id = ayishaj  . . .  LJ = http://ayishaj.livejournal.com/
illysook
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006 01:39:04 PM »

Wolfe Fiber Arts has totally unique yarns and is so beautiful that I just have to learn to knit or crochet someday.

Upholstering furniture is fun for me and Fabric Farms in Hilliard is the ultimate.  It's owned by a guy named Bernie and his wife (I can't remember her name) and they are the nicest people you would ever want to meet.  They host classes that are taught by a guy named Danny who builds custom furniture for his living and teaches mostly for fun.  You can learn a lot from him.

Junk shops are a habit with me and the worse the neighborhood, the better the finds.  A-1 Odds & Ends on Sullivant Avenue is one of my faves, you never know what they will have.  Sometimes it's a really unique chair, sometimes it's a piece of pottery, sometimes you need a used washing machine.  They go to estate sales and collect all kinds of stuff, you just never know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006 05:03:59 AM »

Junk shops are a habit with me and the worse the neighborhood, the better the finds.  A-1 Odds & Ends on Sullivant Avenue is one of my faves, you never know what they will have.  Sometimes it's a really unique chair, sometimes it's a piece of pottery, sometimes you need a used washing machine.  They go to estate sales and collect all kinds of stuff, you just never know.

Oh!  I'll have to check that out.  Thanks for the info...woohoo!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006 05:06:12 AM »

Oh!  I'll have to check that out.  Thanks for the info...woohoo!  Smiley

K, so I had no idea where this was, so I looked it up Smiley  It's 30 mins from me...worth it or no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

illysook
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006 04:00:43 PM »

I haven't been there in awhile but you will probably find that like most junk shops, it's hit or miss.  Some days you're hot, other days...

'sook
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Subversive

Living in hope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006 07:29:42 AM »

Illysook, which one is A-1 Odds & Ends?  I'm near a place on Sullivant that I thought was called "Pop's" or something like that - near the Sullivant Ave. police station?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Capultum habeo.  Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad caput tuum saxem mittam.  (Translation:  I have a catapult.  Give me all your money or Ill fling enormous rocks at your head.)
illysook
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006 10:00:46 PM »

I think that it's a block or so from that "Independant Holiness Fire Baptized Church of God of the Americas"  and does that take the cake when it comes to church names or what?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evolpixie

"I am like a tiger colt, rip rip RIP RIP!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006 08:41:20 AM »

There's a few antique shops all along High Street - Grandview Mercantile is fancy upscale and on High near 1st I think, Eclectiques is on High near Como in Clintonville (and there's several others in that general area, but Eclectiques is the biggest and has the sweetest mid-century modern-filled basement).

ah i love eclectiques! the basement is my favorite ever i think! my friend and i wtopped in there one day while visiting my boyfriend at his shop (www.americanproverb.com). i think i bought 2 pairs of shoes and my friend. i wanted pretty much everything in there!  Grin

i also like The Emperors New Clothes in grandview. sometimes it reminds me of stuff from forever21(quality-wise), but cuter. they usually have cute shoes and accessories for a decent price.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i peddle tiny cuteness: * www.tinythingsarecute.com *
plumpossum
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007 11:40:46 AM »

There's an antique store that opened on E. Main in Reynoldsburg within the last year.  It's between Brice & Rosehill, near Dairy Queen.  The guy who owns it (a friend of my husband's dad) specializes in antique/vintage toys and bicycles/mopeds.  The store doesn't really keep the best hours though.

Two other independent stores on the East side to check out that aren't necessarily crafty but: Daily Bread Bakery (E. Main @ Haft in Reynoldsburg) and Holly Hills Meat Shoppe (in the next plaza over).  Holly Hills charges about the same amount as any of the regular grocery stores, and they make prepared foods and have a deli- and they even do custom orders (like getting in hard to find meats or preparing ethnic sausages).  Their deli meats have no creepy additives.

And seriously- it's not the only one in existence (I think there's something like 4 stores total) but they are an Ohio born & bred company: The Andersons General Store.  Hell yeah.  There is not a single hardware/pet store/grocer/wine shop/deli/garden center with better service anywhere.  The seasonal cheeses, build your own 6-packs, fresh local veggies, barbecue sauce aisle, strange little trinkets- I can't spend less than an hour there.  It's just not possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007 06:26:37 PM »

There's an antique store that opened on E. Main in Reynoldsburg within the last year.  It's between Brice & Rosehill, near Dairy Queen.  The guy who owns it (a friend of my husband's dad) specializes in antique/vintage toys and bicycles/mopeds.  The store doesn't really keep the best hours though.

Two other independent stores on the East side to check out that aren't necessarily crafty but: Daily Bread Bakery (E. Main @ Haft in Reynoldsburg) and Holly Hills Meat Shoppe (in the next plaza over).  Holly Hills charges about the same amount as any of the regular grocery stores, and they make prepared foods and have a deli- and they even do custom orders (like getting in hard to find meats or preparing ethnic sausages).  Their deli meats have no creepy additives.

And seriously- it's not the only one in existence (I think there's something like 4 stores total) but they are an Ohio born & bred company: The Andersons General Store.  Hell yeah.  There is not a single hardware/pet store/grocer/wine shop/deli/garden center with better service anywhere.  The seasonal cheeses, build your own 6-packs, fresh local veggies, barbecue sauce aisle, strange little trinkets- I can't spend less than an hour there.  It's just not possible.

I go past that little antique store almost every day, but I've never gone in.  I noticed that they do list some of their things on Craigslist Columbus though as well.

Daily Bread is good!  Have never been to Holly Hills, but we just said the other day that we have to go there soon.

Andersons... you are so right one.  It rocks!  I can't spend less than an hour in their either.  Our families insist on going there when they are in town.  It's like they crave it or something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Can You Drink Your Way to Younger Skin?
Best Hair Styling Products for Women
Candy Monogram - Do It, Gurl
5 Minute Makeup to Get You Out the Door!
The Monday Makeover - The Modern Smoky Eye
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...