A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,531
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ORGANIZERS - Please Update Feedback!  (Read 2000 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 02, 2005 03:00:48 AM »

while organizing the Ongoing Wish Swap Round 2, i started checking everyone for really old in progress feedback, and i found that a lot of people still had swaps that were in progress from july and even earlier.

while i know that some are ongoing, the vast majority weren't. there seemed to be a lot of organizers who just didn't finish up their swaps.

i know it's hard to know if you've missed someone, (especially with the feedback system being wonky like it has been lately) and that's why it's important for people to PM their organizers and let them know if there's a problem.

but a lot of the people i asked about it had PM'd their organizers, and some had even PM'd moderators, but never got a response, or nothing was ever done.

so please please, UPDATE FEEDBACK! fairly quickly, if possible! if someone has flaked, it's important that other organizers know ASAP, and for newbies, they need it updated so that they can join other swaps!

are other organizers checking out old swaps like this? the majority of the people i PM'd had joinged other swaps, but had never been asked about it.

and while i'm at it, please use the comments! the comments are the only way other organizers know what to expect! if someone doesn't get a DC number, or they have really bad communication, let the rest of us know!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Bobolink

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005 03:47:41 PM »

are other organizers checking out old swaps like this? the majority of the people i PM'd had joinged other swaps, but had never been asked about it.

When I set up my first swap organizing I noticed someone had really old in progress feedback, so I checked out the gallery and saw her item had been received.
I'm kind of nervous about being unfair in the comments section. One thing I have noticed is that people who have been around a while or are really experienced swappers tend to get away with a lot more. I'd be kind of afraid to make a comment about someone- even if I had a bad experience with them- if lots of other people have had good experiences. Kind of like saying you don't like the popular kid. I was just wondering what your take on that was.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005 08:49:45 PM »

I did, I did. I try and wait till the end so its easier but some swaps drag on fooooreevvveeeer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005 01:59:35 AM »

When I set up my first swap organizing I noticed someone had really old in progress feedback, so I checked out the gallery and saw her item had been received.
I'm kind of nervous about being unfair in the comments section. One thing I have noticed is that people who have been around a while or are really experienced swappers tend to get away with a lot more. I'd be kind of afraid to make a comment about someone- even if I had a bad experience with them- if lots of other people have had good experiences. Kind of like saying you don't like the popular kid. I was just wondering what your take on that was.

i don't check, because i don't have time to check all the galleries for all 40 people who apply for my swap. i just ask people to look it up themselves, and send me the link. that might be bitchy, but i just don't have the time!

keep in mind that positive feedback doesn't mean positive experience, it means they didn't flake. honestly, some of the people i've had the biggest problem with are the ones who seem to be around in a lot of swaps, but everyone's so scared of being seen as mean that they don't give accurate feedback!

if you're worried that you're the only one who's had the experience, try PMing the organizers of their past or current swaps. nothing too detailed, just a "hi! i noticed SOANDSO was/is your RANDOM NAME OF Swap, and i wondered how your experience was. i've been having some communication problems (or whatever the problem is), and i just wondered if this has been an ongoing problem."

it's true that sometimes people have shittier communication at certain times due to life, and that's cool. there's no reason you can't put that in their feedback anyway. if they're ever asked about it later, they can explain WHY they got the feedback.

i had that for someone in one of my swps, a previous organizer sent me a warning PM. i PM'd her about it, asked her why she was so late in the previous swap, and what had been going on. she was able to explain the situation, so i let her in the swap, and everything turned out great!

i just wish everyone would stop being scared to give accurate feedback! i try to be nice, but i try to be truthful too.

I did, I did. I try and wait till the end so its easier but some swaps drag on fooooreevvveeeer.

totally! that's fine! it's not organizers like you, it's the ones that don't bother finishing their jobs. usually, it's the same organizers that don't bother finding angels.

i wait until the end too, or i do a few clumps of people at a time, and that's expected. the only people i really rush to update are flakers and newbies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005 09:48:55 AM »

I've decided to toughen up on my feedback. I have new rules posted on my swap sign up page that states I which type of behavior will get comments. Poor communication, sending more than a week late (w/ good or poor communication will be listed) and I'm even leaving feedback for those who don't thank their partners. that's the rudest to me. Even if you don't like the package you can at least say Thanks, I got it. Hopefully that helps other organizers. Can you think of other comments Crafty?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
Bobolink

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005 12:02:10 PM »

Thanks for the advice. Now that I'm doing my first swap all my plans for rules for people to follow are starting to seem really strict, cause the stuff I thought for sure people would be doing some people aren't.
But I'll stick to my preconceived rules, no matter who it is breaking them- I just don't want to make any enemies  Undecided
Also I was able to check the gallery cause my swap was really small, so I totally understand not being able to do it in your case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
starpiste
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005 03:34:22 PM »

I think there should be some suggested formula comments added to the organizers part of the swap guidelines. That way organizers might feel more comfortable using the comments section.

Also, I think with on going swaps the organizer should update after each ship date or step annd say how long is left. It's more work but if you chose to organize an ongoing swap you are agreeing to take on the added responsibility.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink_Dinosaur
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005 12:37:46 AM »

what if we had neutral feedback? like if someone sent late they wouldnt get positive but its not fair to give them negative since they did send out their item and didn't flake. Maybe that would help organizers when leaving feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: http://pinkdinosaur.blogspot.com/
Wists: http://www.wists.com/pink_dinosaur
------------------------------
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box
The Meow Wont Purr

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005 08:33:24 AM »

what if we had neutral feedback? like if someone sent late they wouldnt get positive but its not fair to give them negative since they did send out their item and didn't flake. Maybe that would help organizers when leaving feedback.
I think you could just as easily define the problem in the comments section. "Sent 12 days late; no communication" says enough to the other organizers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
Qwerty
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005 08:46:12 AM »

everyone has great ideas: having a neutral feedback, have preset comments, etc. i think that there should also be a way for participants to give organizers feedback. i've seen good and bad organizers and it would also help people wanting to participate in a swap to look at what others thought about the orgainzer.

i really enjoy organizing and i try my best to do my job completely. it feels really satisfying to actually complete a swap and know that everyone has received and has their feedback. even though most of us have become very frustrated with the swap process it makes me happy to see this community discussing it and improving upon it. this is just the opposite of my job (i'm a teacher) where things get discussed but nothing gets better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The LiteShaper Frame and Softbox
How to Shape the Model with Light
How to Read the Photographic Histogram
How to Take Glamour Shots in High Key Setting
How to Create Bullet Time Effect
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...