A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
829 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anime in a box, and grandma in a boxS  (Read 689 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wittyandcreativex
« on: November 01, 2005 05:37:09 PM »

I want to make something very special for twospecial people,my grandma and my best friend

my best friend who just recently moved to texas, absolutely LOVES anime, but to send a big gift, and something else, is just too hard. She also likes to sew sometimes, but her main obsession is anime, drawing (shes very very good), and animals. any ideas?

my grandma was a very crafty person, she painted, made things, and would have loved this site. bt her vision is going away, but i want to get her something extremely special, because her time with our family is limited, but shes a crafty person, loved to paint, made things, has a beautiful garden, but i want to get something that she can see and love...

please please please!
help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh my squash!
tracymarie
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005 12:06:16 PM »

here's some random ideas that just popped in my head for the anime box

1. there are tons of "how to draw manga" books around - perhaps one of those

2. a ton of those cute 1-inch buttons made with her favorite anime characters faces and other stuff from her favorite animes

3. a gift certificate to an online anime store

4. a stenciled shirt of her favorite anime character

5. some music from her favorite anime burned onto a cd

6. pictures made in photoshop or something of her favorite anime characters alongside their seiyuu (voice actor)

7. not crafty, but anime cels are a nice gift, and you could maybe make a cute frame for one. be careful if you do that though, because they're very fragile. depending on the anime and the cel, you can get some pretty cheap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wittyandcreativex
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005 12:59:46 PM »

thanks!
but whats an anime cel?

i dont realy know a lot about anime. i watch it sometimes, but i dont really KNOW anything about it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh my squash!
tracymarie
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005 01:50:05 PM »

an anime cel is basically a piece of animation itself. it is a sheet of plastic, usually the size of a regular sheet of paper, upon which the animation is drawn. Sort of like a giant flipbook, I guess... I think that made sense.

They can range from really too expensive to pretty reasonable

There are tons of sites that sell them too - just google "anime cel" and plug in a specific anime if you want...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005 01:58:49 PM »

For your Grandma I'd suggest something really tactile, very soft or textured, maybe a soft scarf or a blanket? Or something she can work that's not very difficult, like a knifty knitter with soft yarn, unless she has arthritis or something. Or a good audio book, maybe make a nice textured cover or box for it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005 02:00:58 PM »

Also, you could make a family scrapbook but enlarge pictures and stuff so they are easier for her to see, you could use a color copier even, maybe 1 or 2 photos per page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
tracymarie
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005 08:28:27 PM »

Also, you could make a family scrapbook but enlarge pictures and stuff so they are easier for her to see, you could use a color copier even, maybe 1 or 2 photos per page.

I did something like that recently for my dad - he really liked it! I went to CVS and used their photo center machine to enlarge the pictures and it wasn't that expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wittyandcreativex
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005 09:43:40 PM »

thanks so much! these are all such great ideas. now i actually have time before christmas rolls around  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh my squash!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Strawberry Steak Salad - Valentines Day Edition
How to Make Beef Muffins
She Crab Soup Recipe
Bacon Explosion Recipe
Spiced Nuts
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...