A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swap - November  (Read 14604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2005 07:12:07 AM »

PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS AND RULES VERY CAREFULLY

Swap name: Unconditional Swapper Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  Brena80/Megaknits (Organizers will change every month)
Sign-up date range: No closing date
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 2 weeks of picking a partner
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Heck No!!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+?  Sure, but make sure your parents are fine with it!
Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders" list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

This swap is a going to be a little different from last month.   Since the previous organizers did get a little swamped, megaknits has offered to help me with this swap!  Yay!  So you will send me your address and when you pick someone, you will send that person's name and item to Megaknits.   Each night I will send you the person's address.  Also, if you come across any problems, please email both Megaknits and I (Brena80).
For those of you who joined this swap in October, if:
  • You have been picked twice already in October then go ahead and post 3 new wishes if you want.
  • You have not been picked even once; you can post the same list or a new one in NOV.

You must PM the organizer when you repost your list, so she knows that you have done so and can check it. PLEASE DO NOT post anything other than your wishlist and a little bit of info about you, any questions or comments can go here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50691.0

SWAP DETAILS

• Each person interested will post a list of maximum THREE items they want. (Try and list items that you cannot make, but would like to have). These items must be reasonable; it must not be ones that would cost someone a truckload of money to make for you!
  • Once you have given your three items good thought, reply to this thread and post your 3 wishes, along with any other information that will be helpful for those looking to craft for you. (Color preferences, style, size, design, etc)
  • Those coming along this thread will scroll and read all sign ups, and decide if they want to craft for someone. Those who sign up as well are free to craft for another.
  • The catch to this is you cannot expect anything in return for your efforts except THANK YOU!!!. That is why it's called an Unconditional swap. You can hope that someone else or maybe that same person would want to make you something as well and then craft for you. And knowing the great craftsters here, Im sure everyone will receive something.
  • Each month the organizer will change. All information of the swap will be transferred to the next organizer. An announcement will be posted about this change. This month (Nov. 1st to Nov. 30 its Brena80/Megaknits) From the first of every other month, a new organizer will be in charge.
  • Each person can be picked 2 TIMES! Means that only 2 people can send to someone. Within those 2 people, the person may receive all 3 items. I.e. "A" and "B" are sending to "X". A chooses to send 1 item off the list, while B chooses to send the other 2 items. Therefore fulfilling all 3 wishes of "X". Now, it is not necessary to fulfill all three 3 wishes..."A" could send just one item and "B" could choose to send one item thereby fulfilling two wishes on "X's" wish list.
  • When you post your wish list be sure to mention the country you are in on that post. For example:

I am in India.
Wish 1
Wish 2
Wish 3

• Once you have been picked twice your name will be crossed out in red on the list. You can be on the list again the next month, when the organizer changes.
  • The crossed out names can be back on the list once the organizer changes (Every month)
  • As soon as anyone picks a partner, you have to ship them, their stuff within 2 weeks.
  • If more than one person picks a person and wants to make them the same item, then the person who Pmed the organizer first will get preference to make that item.
  • It is not necessary but I would appreciate if you could PM me with the DC number or scan the receipt and email me a copy.
  • All in all this is sort of a good karma swap. Give unconditionally is your motto my fellow craftsters.
  • All regular swap rules do apply for this. All of you who sign up will be screened to see if you are eligible to join the swap. Including Newbies.
  • Positive and Negative feedback will be given for this swap. Your feedback will reflect the number of people you send to that month.

When you have been picked PLEASE crossout and change the colour of your post accordingly. If you need help with that, feel free to PM me

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:

\\This here I put DIRECTLY under the post after the stuff above - so I can keep track of who's available and unavailable. Smiley You can use this if you'd like but you don't have to. //

Available Craftsters
muchie
lechaton
lucy_van_pelt
boarderchic
traquel
sporkx71
angelbum
c_rae91
tofuttibreak
kittykill
jan_on_ice
sugaree
xbelovedxonex
andi_sunrider
flauncychauncy
sweetie pie press
fearnotsomuch
kasie
apandalee
juiceejoycee
kerriedaway
mcfly

Picked Once Craftsters
boywonder
classycrafter
lv2scrpbk
schmitaa
lexis
grrl82
megaknits
writer78
beadgirl
hertrigger
akredhead
snowflake
lovebuzz220
kat_penguino
pibbgirl
americandemockracy
girlwonder
mandie
krysta
brokenpencil
impalacey
stellato_escuro
redheadali
lasandri
ecstasia
pink_dinosaur
pengwend
mommabear1963
fidget
nerdalicious
veludo
synne
jungrrl
surfergrl311
bubba*tink
la_petite_moi
knottiedottie
dynamine
ithnkuno
orangeabsinthe
twilight
juniperl13
chelsa
bracelet_girl

Unavailable Craftsters
eowynmn
aschnebly
bobolink
piratekittie
rainbow_art
brena80
psyche
jaami
pinkmafia
bigmouth
crafty_dame
taloola
morning_star
glasskatana
synne
shotgun_bettie
purplefluffycow
starpiste
lauriemk
daydreamer13579
L
seaofstars
orange_sunset
dsgndbyrj
penguino
kerried_away
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005 09:36:02 AM by brena80 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

classycrafter
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005 08:32:37 AM »

Hello Everyone!! Im looking forward to another round of this. Fun!! Here is my list:

1) A purse - like this one www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=56621.0
    Its kinda vintage and ethnic. I would like designs from a different country   like France/Italy/England/Australia. Or a purse like these - www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=56529.0

2) Stamping/card making supplies - stamps, ink pads, glitter, paper for making cards, ribbon  Thanks to the person that picked me!!  Cheesy

3) A starter kit - I am a newbie with crafting and would love to learn all that I can. I would be interested in receiving a starter kit for Scrapbooking, Soap/Bath Products, Mosaics or Knitting.

Some things about me: I live in St. Louis Missouri (US). Im 24 years old. Designs I like are girly, ethnic, colonial. Colors I like are red, blue, black and pink and glittery shades. 

Now, to find someone to craft for.......................
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005 07:57:29 PM by classycrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lv2ScrpBk
-~Alicia Ann~-

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005 08:34:08 AM »

I am in the USA- Minnesota. And my wishes...
*1. I would love his/her eye pillows for me and my boyfriend. It would be great if they could be in pink(for me) and blue(for him). Maybe a  plaid design or anything cute. I trust you. If they said "His" and "Hers" that would be great or we are "Alicia" and "Bryce" Thanks so much secret craftster!

*2. Modified on 11/17/05- I really want a surprise. I love the variety of things I see on here. So please, send me your specialty. I'm sure I'll love it!
*3.Modified on 11/12/05- Craft Crap! I'm a broke college student and I would love just a variety of craft stuff. Anything from stickers to felt to beads to glitter to anything!

Thanks so much to whoever picks me. I am an 18 year old college student living in the dorm. I am addicted to craftster (aren't we all). I love these types of swaps because you get to see the type of stuff other people do. My favorite colors are blue and pink. I know I will love anything you send. I don't not like anything. Thanks again. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Thanks!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005 04:35:24 PM by Lv2ScrpBk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."<br /><br />"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Devine"
schmitaa
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005 09:21:46 AM »

Hello- I'm in WI, USA
1. Earrings- something dangly, but not huge.  My ears aren't sensitive to any metals. THANKS!
2. A surprise- send me your specialty!
3. Craft crap- anything you've got laying around.  I can never have enough  Wink

I am 20 years old, I live in an apartment with my boyfriend.  My favorite color is pink, but I like all colors and styles.  If you have any questions, just pm me....thanks!!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005 08:53:22 AM by schmitaa » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005 09:36:49 AM »

I am up in Vancouver Canada- and here are my wishes.

1. an apron. I would love a vintage-y style. or something with a great image on it. I really get crazy in the kitchen. and tend to stain everything i'm wearing. Same goes when I am painting (hmm. I also need a new paint smock/apron..)THANK YOU SECRET SWAPPER!!! YAY!!  Grin

2. An Idea Book-like this one. Such a good idea!!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=42468.0

3. Glass decopaged coasters- I would LOVE a set of pin-up girls. Anything with pin-up gals- for the kitchen- on it would be fab, actually. Betty Page is so cool. I have coasters- and theyre mod-podged but my tea cup seems to make it stick to the bottom- its kind of disasterous when I take a sip and it falls off- and my other hand is full .. lol.
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU !! THANK YOU!!! WEE!!!!!!

I absolutely ADORE all things creative. I paint and draw and craft tons. I have a thing for using my hands-theres such a gratifying feeling- making something. I Love anything vintage/collectable and have tons of projects i want to do/try/experiment with/study...
I love mother nature and very organic patterns and designs. LOVE art nouveau/deco..Music is also a major force in my life (jazz, blues, soul, funk and so on). colours!! of all kind (esp. warm colours-REDS)
I have done some good traveling in the last few years- and love all things asian.  I really want to travel again- and dream of teaching art to young children around the world.
okay-thats me in a nut shell
thanks for listening  Smiley
this has been a super fun swap!!!! And the crafters on this have been FABULOUS!!!!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005 10:42:17 AM by lexis » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005 09:37:18 AM »

YAY! i've been picked. and twice! thank you to whoever picked me!  Kiss

My list. I love this swap.

1. Crafting supplies. I crochet, sew, stencil and embroider. I'm running low on yarn, so that would be nice to have. And I'm also running low on fabric and buttons. any left overs or scarps of either would be much appreciated.

2. a decent sized tote bag i can take to the library. maybe with something embellished on it? or plain. something to hold a few movies and some books, my ipod mini and my wallet. something i can also use as a purse. Smiley

3. A surprise! I love surprises. or your craft. whatever make, i'd like.

About me:
I'm 19, and I live in FLORIDA. I love different things from each decade starting with the 20's. I like retro things, audrey, marilyn, grace kelly, etc. sinatra, dean martin (the rat pack in general). pink, red, blue, green, turquoise, teal, yellow. i like 'em all, really. i love music and movies. and john mayer. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005 09:40:20 PM by Morning Star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005 10:06:11 AM »

I am in Minnesota USA

1. Jewelry of any kind - it makes me happy
THANK YOU 2nd pick person!!! YAY! *does happy dance*

2. something knit thats more intricate than a scarf (cause I can knit scarves) socks, a kittyville hat, etc.
Thanks whoever picked this wish! WEE!!!!

3. Croched flowers - of any kind and size that I can attach to pins or scarves, etc - I cant chrocht for the life of me.

I am 24, live in Minnesota.  I like all colors - favorites are pink, blue, purple, black, red, yellow...basically anything but orange and brown.  I really do love everything though!

Thanks for looking ! yay!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005 06:58:29 AM by eowynmn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005 10:08:07 AM »

Hallo!  I live in uber exciting Columbus, Ohio, USA.

1. What I'd MOST LOVE LOVE LOVE to get is a viking chicken hat, as seen here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47371.0

I love the colors, the fleshy chicken peachy colour with the white knuckles...YEY!!  I love this hat!  I can't knit or crochet so this is utterly undoable for me...

2.  A colourbar afghan like the one here!!!!:    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6348.0

it's fantastic!  And the size is just perfect too, just big enough to curl up under while watching tv...

3.  A cute necklace like these ones!!  I really don't like jewelry, but I absolutely love these:    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51436.0

I like them all, but my faves are the black and red one, and the brown one...  Oh, and i just found this today (nov 1), and it's totally an option! : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=8959.0
   weeeeee!!! thanks so much!!

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm a strange n quirky wee girl who's not ashamed of being wacky in public.  I love colour, but then I'm also a fan of blacks and browns.  Not too fond of pastels, but for the chicken hat it's a must!!  I'm not girly, but I do like skirts and flowers and frills in the right context...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005 07:54:37 PM by bubba*tink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
grrl82
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005 10:08:37 AM »

Hello All!! Yay more swapping! I am in the US, in good ole North Carolina (even though they do support senior project(stupid senior project (i hate you!)))

Here are my 3 wishes

1. A purse. I would love a hipslinger. I could make it myself but my sewing machine is out of commission right now and i don't know when it will be fixed. My hips are about 34 inches (its weird i know this from the top of my head) so i guess you would make it smaller than that? Edit: Any purse would be great. The straps on the one i have now are about to come off. I fear that i woun't have a purse much longer. Please make it big but not too big. Any style is welcome.

2.Supplies. Needles, both crochet (i taught myself! yay!) and knitting, yarn, stamps, yarn, and fabric. I could use any of these things. Especially the yarn Grin

3. I forgot what i wanted wish number 3 to be so right now it will be a suprise. If i remember what i wanted though, i might change this. EDIT: I remember what I wanted now! I've also admired those marble magnets that everyone has been making! Can someone please make me some? I would really appreicate it. I've tried to make some but I can never decide on what pictures to use and My sister and i don't have like a lot of magazin type things to get that many pictures from.  Also, if you picked this suprise choice before i changed it, then just forget this. Also i have truble figuring out how to make the japanese folded flowers also. I don't know why but simple things like this just don't get along with me.  Thank you soo much crafter of mystery!

I am a 17 year old female. I like to do all the crafts i know how to do but the only craft i think i do semi-well in is knitting. I'm in school right now so i have to go, the bell just rang. Thank you fellow craftsters!!

EDIT:EDIT: I didn't have much time to tell about myself earlier so here it is. I love the color blue and just about anything eles that goes with it. I love clothes purses, Anime, japanese culture, cartoons, food, knitting and just crafting in general. I love it so much it often gets in the way of my school work.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2005 09:42:56 AM by grrl82 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come and join the Inuyasha Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78764.0

Celebrate all things Fae in the Fae Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79942.0
megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005 10:17:21 AM »

I live in Orlando, FL. Here is my listy-loo:

1. A Jordy bag . . . I never rec'd the one that was picked last month. Sad

2. A chunky beaded necklace - color: turquoise, spring green, red. At least 16 in long.

3. A fleece blanket for my chair in the living room - I'm thinking either no-sew or little-sew, nothing too elaborate. And not too heavy, it doesn't get super-cold here. My living room is Behr Pottery Red and Behr Popped Corn with black leather, black wrought iron, and pale blue furniture.

About me: I'm a 26-year-old professional mommy. I work freelance from my home proofreading and copyediting. My style is pretty basic - jeans and solid color tops. I'm really into bright colors right now - blues, greens and reds are my favs. Patternwise, I love vertical stripes and like polka dots, but I'm not too into animal prints. Thanks for picking me if you do.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005 06:25:15 PM by megaknits » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit a Scarf on with a Loom Part 1/2
How to Knit a Wavy Pattern on a Loom
How to Knit a Placemat on a Rectangular Loom Part 1/2
How to Knit a Laptop Table Saver with a Loom Part 2/2
How to Knit a Placemat on a Rectangular Loom Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...