A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baffled about x-mas. Please help!  (Read 1503 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

orangesquirrel

i love craft, weezer, napoleon dynamite, etc.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005 09:52:59 PM »

for your dad i would make a pirate case for his shaving stuff, like a travel case for a guy, pirate skull with patch, just a thought....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HousewifeRioting
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2005 12:30:42 PM »

!!!! I love the shirt idea for my dad! I wish I could do anything to his basement for him, but alas, I am broke, hence the crafting. Thanks guys, and any other ideas, of course, would be greatly appriciated. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tristitia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005 12:36:40 PM »

Oh my God, Your parents and husband sound like duplicates of mine!  I have to watch this thread for ideas for my own crew now!  (I think I'm stealing the personalized jammies for mom one!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vrykolakas
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005 07:39:35 AM »

Brother: 12- When I was 12 I was more like a boy, my mom had such a hard time trying to get me presents, and that was when she was buying them! If he likes dirtbikes, Try finding a way to make an accessory or perhaps a t-shirt. Maybe, although it might be a bit of a challenge, a bag for his helmet? Videogames, seeing hes into dirtbiking, He probably likes sport games a lot. not really any of the olderstuff... my only suggestion on this one is making something for him to organize his games with, he would use it for a while if he doesn't already have one. Try putting something on with a stencil like a dirtbike or something. I feel sympathy for you. 12 year old kids are hard to give gifts too. Everyone hopes they don't throw them in the closet! Good Luck!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HousewifeRioting
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005 08:20:57 PM »

The helmet bag idea is perfect, but my mom beat me to it years and years ago. I do, however, like the video game organizer though. Any idea how to make one? I'm not very talented in the "building stuff" area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vrykolakas
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005 05:25:15 PM »

Oh goodness... how to build one.... Frankly, Im not too great in the building department myself... let me see.... Hes 12.... he probably isnt delicate with things, so you want something that will last. How bout something like a shoe tree? A peice of cloth with a bunch of pockets to place the games in. You could sew on little dirtbikes too! haha. If you want you could get a box of somekind... and decorate the outide to his liking, try to find the dimensions of the games, and get a box slightly bigger. The games are usually In cd form nowadays, and come in cases the same size as DVDs. I want to keep the boxes, but I like the Cds in regular cases . Perhaps take a regular CD case, and Revamp it a bit, and make a  box for him to keep his cases in? Hope that helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazychick149

Old enough to know better, Too young to care.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005 10:22:25 PM »

For your brother a video game holder with pics of dirt bike things on it, mother in law stuff to help her sort her crafty supplies, dad in law those golf sox that are like puppets to keep ur golf clubs warm or something, sister in law personalized binders or cheackbook cover.
hope it helps.
good luck  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wittyandcreativex
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005 08:55:47 PM »

for the 12 year old-Find a cheap storing case on sale somewhere, paint it his favorite color, and modgepodge pictures of bikes and stuff related to that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh my squash!
slackferno
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005 09:19:20 PM »

For a shirt for your dad, you could be "inspired" by http://www.piratemod.com/.  And if the crafting urge still strikes, you could make your SIL an abacus. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Devil’s Wake Book Trailer
"All In Good Time": A Poem Read by Jason Sklar
Allison Leotta on Her Latest Thriller Discretion
Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown
Tony DiTerlizzi on His Audiobook, A Hero for WondLa, Read by Teri Hatcher
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...