A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: inexpensive large staff gifts (candy cane covers etc.)  (Read 4775 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melcia
Strawberry Blonde Crafting Alert

C'est Moi!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2005 11:31:51 PM »

???Neat ideas for sure Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love to craft!
hugs-n-bugs
I'm better than Martha, well almost.

Have glue gun, will travel...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2005 11:56:21 PM »

Ok Last year I went to  a glass outlet, wher I buy the jars for my candles and bought soem small hinged jars with lids, Imean these were about 1.5 inches tall and they were $.20 each, tehnI made up a big batch of of seasonng used for apple cider, you know cloves, cinnamon, orange peel, brown sugar, I can't find my recipe but I got it offline, it was yummy, and attached a cute littel not on how to mix it with a bottle of aple cider and heat it up to make a pot of Christmas Cider.  IT went over hugely.  SO with 50 jars bought and allt eh ingredients I spent $17 total
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for fellow craftsters to share ideas with!
http://www.myspace.com/giggles1100
FIFI

It's useful being top banana in the shock dept.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005 01:02:29 AM »

One of the nicest gifts that I ever received was a box of handmade truffles from one of our neighbors. They were delicious, but what made the gift extra special was that she put them in a monogramed box. These are kind of expensive to get, but you can order candy boxes (from, I think, www.papermart.com) and emboss them using rubber stamps and embossing powder. could be kind of cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janakisses

I live in my own little world, but you can visit!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005 08:25:56 AM »

I have been in my office for 3 Christmas holidays now and this is what I have done each year.  I have not decided what to do this year yet....I am a computer programmer and there are only 2 of us women, the rest are men, so I cannot do stuff that is too cute!  There are only 15 of us, but for your larger group, you could do any single item here and not do the entire package.

*   Candy bowls with cookies:
           Blow up small balloons about the size of a grapefruit.  Melt white chocolate candy melts, dip the balloon in the chocolate and tip north, south, then east and west.  This will look like a tulip, sit and allow to harden.  I then used the leftover chocolate and dipped some pretzels, crushed peppermint and stirred in the chocolate to make bark, and also crushed some pretzels then stirred it in the chocolate and made drop cookies, and the best...took some pretzel rods and dipped half of it in the chocolate then rolled it in different things like crushed oreos, chopped m&m's, peppermint, butterfinger, etc.  I put some of each in the chocolate bowls, wrapped it in some red cellophane and tied with a bow...these were a huge hit!  They were super easy, the hardest thing about them was getting them to work without breaking the bowl!
            http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_occasions_december/article/0,1793,HGTV_3472_1375730,00.html

*   Tea and Coffee Cup gifts:
           I got a coffee cup at the Dollar General for each person, 2 for $1, then put a tea bag and packet of hot chocolate in each one.  I then took heavy plastic spoons and dipped one in white chocolate and added crushed candy cane, then took one and dipped in melted Jolly Ranchers and wrapped them in saran wrap to keep fresh...each cup got one of each of the spoons.  I also took some sugar and flavored it by sealing it in a container with vanilla beans for a week, then put about 1/4 cup in lthose ittle baggies I use to store my beads  and put one baggie per cup.  I took cellophane and wrapped each mug and tied with a bow.  The spoons are incredibly easy and cheap to do and would work great for a large group!
          http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/misc/dipspoons.html
            http://www.recipezaar.com/113176

*   Gift Baskets:
           I got cheap little baskets at the thrift store, and put a package of microwave movie theater butter popcorn, a coupon for a free movie rental, and different kinds of "movie" candy like twizzlers, juju's, m & m's, etc. in each, then you guessed it, wrapped it in cellophane.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2005 08:54:07 AM by janakisses » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005 08:32:28 AM »

Ok Last year I went to  a glass outlet, wher I buy the jars for my candles and bought soem small hinged jars with lids, Imean these were about 1.5 inches tall and they were $.20 each, tehnI made up a big batch of of seasonng used for apple cider, you know cloves, cinnamon, orange peel, brown sugar, I can't find my recipe but I got it offline, it was yummy, and attached a cute littel not on how to mix it with a bottle of aple cider and heat it up to make a pot of Christmas Cider.  IT went over hugely.  SO with 50 jars bought and allt eh ingredients I spent $17 total

I *love* this idea!!!!  Smiley  Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005 08:35:50 PM »

I have 11 awesome coworkers and I want to make them all something inexpensive but cute. Any ideas? What have you all done in the past?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2005 08:56:33 PM »

I have 11 awesome coworkers and I want to make them all something inexpensive but cute. Any ideas? What have you all done in the past?

I merged your thread into this one... it's quite active right now & focused around the same topic  Cheesy

~Sweets4ever
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005 09:00:47 PM »

Wow, janakisses... you have fabulous ideas as well.  I really like the dipped spoons & tea cup idea.  I have a "country" dollar store very close to home...and could definitely use it!  Smiley  Hmm...so many options!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005 09:04:59 PM »

Look what she did... so cute!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=20948.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005 06:45:15 AM »

This would be more for next year, but you can make homemade vanilla extract by splitting vanilla beans and soaking them in brandy or vodka for 6-12 months. Then you can pour them into little bottles and make a nice label. My first batch will be ready for the hols!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Daily Habits That Are Ruining Your Skin
Glam Nomad Makeup at Bibhu Mohaptara NYFW 2014 Show
Shiny Mirrored Nails at the Delpozo NYFW 2014 Show
NYFW Fall 2014 Backstage Beauty
Ken Paves’ Triplet Makeover
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...