A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Most of my FO's (pic heavy)  (Read 3123 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf , penguin , purse , gloves , mask , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starlight1221
« on: October 31, 2005 08:46:20 AM »

I started knitting in July and here's some of my FO's.  I've also made a sweater out of polarspun and a couple mp3 player cozies, but I forgot to take pics of them when I had access to a good camera.

SnB's Windy City Scarf, out of Paton's Be Mine:

Purse, my own pattern.  You can't see the pocket on the front really well, but it buttons closed and the main pocket zips shut.  Felted, in Cascade 220.

My pasha, she has some issues but my mom likes her Smiley

Fingerless gloves, I used Magknit's Urban for the hands and kinda made up the cap as I went.  Ignore the unweaved end Smiley  In knitpick's Elegance and some black TLC (I ran out of elegance and didn't want to pay $5 + shipping for 1/3 skein of knitting)

Dog sweater for my Whimsy, I made it up as I went Smiley  She's a miniature dachshund and when she gets cold she shivers.  My mom put ground beef wrappers in the trash, that's why she's trying to get in it Smiley  It's in Lionbrand's Jiffy, can't beat a dog sweater for less than $1.50.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
liquorice
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005 10:18:21 AM »

Great stuff!!! I adore the black bag! Did you really design that yourself? I'm very impressed. Could you maybe, possibly post some directions? I would love to make something like that.

Oh and a very cute dog!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You do it to yourself, you do, and that's why it really hurts.
You do it to yourself, just you, you and no one else.

Radiohead
Huhwhat?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005 10:23:28 AM »

Wow! You just started knitting in July?! You're doing great!!! I love the dog sweater. Especially the trim at the top. Your dog looks so cute in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starlight1221
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005 10:52:29 AM »

Wow! You just started knitting in July?! You're doing great!!! I love the dog sweater. Especially the trim at the top. Your dog looks so cute in it!

Lol, the "trim" is actually her collar.  We buy about 5 inches of fabric, sew them into tubes, and slip her collar through them.  She has one for every holiday Smiley

I tried to write a pattern while going along with the purse, but the purse is not perfect so neither is the pattern Smiley  It's done entirely in garter stitch.  For the sides, I made two rectangles, casting on 60 stitches and stitching 56 rows each.  The sides I c/o 22 stitches, gs rows 1-46, then decreased 1 stitch each edge row 47, 49, 51, 53, 55 so 12 stitches remain.  Then I knit even for how long I wanted the strap to be, then I reset my row counter to start at row 1 and  increased 1 stitch each edge to mirror the decreases on the other side (row 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10) until I reached 22 stitches then knit even through row 56.  The bottom, I really can't remember, but I believe I cast on 60 stitches and stitched however many rows so the short side of the bottom rectangle was the same width as the width of the side of the purse on the strap.  Then I stitched the two sides to the bottom rectangle and stitched the sides of the sides to the strap.  I had to make little squares which I sewed to the straps and the top of the sides of the purse so I would have something to sew the zipper to.  I knit up a square with a button hole at the top and stitched three sides of it to the purse to make a pocket.  After felting, the zipper flappies made the purse too wide for the zipper, so I cut out a triangle and sewed the sides of the triangle together to make the purse less wide.  Then I sewed on a button for the pocket, lined the inside, and sewed on the zipper Smiley

« Last Edit: October 31, 2005 11:19:15 AM by starlight1221 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
liquorice
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005 11:39:52 AM »

Oh my, your my hero! Only started in July?!?! I didn't get that when I read this the first time. I've been knitting for a little bit longer, but I haven't nearly knit as much as you. The fact that I have a small kitten running around has a lot to do with that. Smiley

Thank you so much for posting those directions. I definitely want to make this, but since I allready have a lot on my thing-I-want-to-knit-list it will have to wait for a bit. I will put it somewhere on the top of my list, though.

Tanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You do it to yourself, you do, and that's why it really hurts.
You do it to yourself, just you, you and no one else.

Radiohead
redclover

I like to BARK!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005 11:53:47 AM »

Cute penguin! And super cute puppy!  Isn't it nearly impossible to find a nice fitting doxie sweater?  Yours looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005 12:42:05 PM »

I'm especially impressed with the penguin! I've been knitting for a few years and still had some difficulty with that pattern. (Mine is named Squishy and he's imperfect but well-loved). The dog sweater is adorable too, as is the doggie wearing it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
craftykate
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005 02:12:48 PM »

I can't believe you've only been knitting since July! Cute stuff. I'm so impressed by that bag. I want one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005 02:42:16 PM »

Wow, you're good!  I've known how to knit for four years and I still suck.  You are awesome, and the dog sweater is adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005 10:13:58 PM »

Brilliant! I love it!

My sister in law has two dachshunds, and they get pretty cold  Cry... I was thinking of knitting up two sweaters for them for XMAS gifts... how did you make yours? Can you post a tutorial or pattern? I would majorly appreciate.

And you rock! I have been knitting a lot longer, and let me tell you, you definitely have natural talent. Your stitches are nice and even, and you are making up patts... you go girl!!!!  Shocked

emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Carve a Scaredy Cat Pumpkin
DIY Treat Bags for Halloween
How to Carve Pumpkins With Bette Midler
Baby Sushi Halloween Costume Tutorial
Tori Spelling Shares Tasty Halloween Craft Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...