A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 308,218
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: anybody in the 518???  (Read 16824 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilisew
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2006 10:17:52 PM »

Now that I have so much fabric I don't dare go to Mood!

Altho... my friend was telling be about the shops around that area, little flea market types where you can bargain with the merchants on the fabrics and they do leather scraps too.

I brought about half my stash home so I could be productive... and so far only two bags  Huh all of a sudden I get the urge to read!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2006 09:54:27 AM »

well. i had posted before that i used to live in the 518 and moved to nc. well....im 99% sure im moving back within the next few months. me and the fiance split, even though im still living in his house and all..so i really dont want to live here by myself. so back home it might be!!! ill have to keep an eye out for what all you ladies are up to so i wont be bored and lonley when i move back!! yay!!! shopping in nyc!! roadtrip?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
bijou_raoul
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2006 05:40:47 AM »

I've moved back to Oswego to finish school, but I'll be coming back to Albany at the end of July to stay for a month before my fall classes start.  Then I'll probably only be there on the occasional weekend to visit the BF and I won't be back permanently until the end of December.  Then I hope to be able to stay in one spot for more than 4 months!  If anyone's planning on being around at the end of summer I'll definitely be interested, I've been wanting to meet some people to craft with forever now.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilisew
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2006 09:17:36 PM »

Summer classes have been making it difficult to craft, but I keep buying more and more fabric  Undecided

I better cut some stuff out quick... hopefully it'll get me back into sewing again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lambert13
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2006 11:32:30 AM »

I never thought I would see so many 518'rs on here.  Me you ask??  Born in Poughkeepsie, moved to NYC at 18, then retreated to Schenectady where I have been for 10 years now.  I dont knit, sew or do anything with fabric (yet).  But I draw, paint, stencil, photograph ect. just about any and everything. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CogansCreations
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2006 09:14:41 AM »

Hi.  I'm also a 518'er.  Moved back to the Albany area about 13 years ago to be near my hubby's family.....he's a South Colonie graduate (class of '78).  Lived in Colonie for about 8 years, now we have a house out near Amsterdam in the Town of Florida.  Glad to see alot of other "Upstate" folks here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2006 07:27:47 PM »

I haven't read anything on Craftster in a looooong time and forgot about this thread. I'm in Galway, outside of Saratoga and close to Amsterdam. I've lived in the real upstate all my life, although not in this town. If there's any female Skidmore student who would like to rent a very large master bedroon with private bath everything included out of my house in the sticks, drop me a line. Or any female not at Skidmore but one who doesn't mind driving far to anywhere....... I'm a single mom now and having another crafty soul around would be nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
bijou_raoul
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2006 02:31:48 PM »

Well, I've just handed in all my paperwork for graduation and it's confirmed...I'll be moving back to Albany shortly after Christmas.  I went back to visit last month and was kind of sad to see that the Periwinkle Sheep is now closed.  It was the only yarn shop I knew of in the area and was conveniently located for me (right across the street from the house I live in there).  I had only gone in there once because I had a full stash of yarn that needed to be used up before I could buy more, but the people seemed nice and they had a lovely selection.

So, when I move back, I'm going to have to find someplace else to get my yarn fix.  Anyone know of some happening shops in Albany? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leaudemiel
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2006 12:37:13 PM »

Still no shops in Albany proper, but I just love the Spinning Room in Altamont. They are patient and nice and I just love them.

Drop a line when you're back! You should join up with our knitting group!

M
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijou_raoul
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2006 06:16:57 AM »

Drop a line when you're back! You should join up with our knitting group!

M

I will definitely be doing that.  I just have to get set up with a job and everything first.  I have been on the KnitWits email list for a while but haven't really been watching it closely because I've moved like three times in the past year.  I'm very interested in meeting new people out there because the only friends I have there right now are my boyfriend and the two guys we live with.  So it would be nice to find more folks of the female persuasion to interact with.  And from the description on your Yahoo page, you sound like my kind of folks.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006 06:32:24 AM by bijou_raoul » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...