A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: anybody in the 518???  (Read 13278 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005 06:17:37 PM »

i know who he is!!!

i can't remember his face since it has been a while, but i know him. small world!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
Sarahlotfi

Colors: deliciousness for the eyes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005 06:21:40 AM »

I had a friend in college who lived in Cropseyville...is that near any of you guys?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People who don't work with their hands are parasites.  --Jenny Holzer
pineapplejeb

you can call me Mrs. Krasinski

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005 10:03:57 PM »

lived in albany as a student now for 4 yrs and can't wait to leave! haha. i've had my share of good times and although i'll miss bombers(celebrated my 21st bday there!) and lots of other stuff, it's just really boring here sometimes. not to mention I hate going to SUNY but oh well, atleast i'm almost done.

do you guys recommend any good thrift stores around? i heard the salvation army in troy was big? i joined a thrift store purse re-vamp swap today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijou_raoul
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005 12:42:59 PM »

When will you be done with SUNY?  I'm starting classes out there in January and I'm moving at the end of this month. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaami

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005 08:34:27 PM »

lived in albany as a student now for 4 yrs and can't wait to leave! haha. i've had my share of good times and although i'll miss bombers(celebrated my 21st bday there!) and lots of other stuff, it's just really boring here sometimes. not to mention I hate going to SUNY but oh well, atleast i'm almost done.

do you guys recommend any good thrift stores around? i heard the salvation army in troy was big? i joined a thrift store purse re-vamp swap today!

that's like the ONLY place to get anything, and that's a long shot. if you come up to saratoga there's 'better than toast' on broadway in the downtown plaza, they have good stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

pineapplejeb

you can call me Mrs. Krasinski

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005 10:55:09 PM »

i'm stuck here till next december. i would be graduating this may but i took some time off earlier in my career and  it's keeping me here alittle longer than i'd like. (haha) it's not so bad, I don't live too far so I go home when I'm super bored. I went to the goodwill on central/fuller in Albany and got a couple purses. There was lots there! I was kinda p-o'd though cause they have a student discount but it's only good M-F. WTF? Other than that I really like Michael's and AC Moore in latham has lots of fun cheap crafty stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijou_raoul
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005 04:36:08 PM »

I'm kind of nervous about moving now just because I went out for orientation last week and Albany is not small.  Plus I'm going to be living a few miles from campus (Delaware Ave, I think the intersection is Albion or somewhere near it), and I don't have a car, so I'm just hoping their bus system is good.  I'm pretty scared, cause I'm from a small town.  I'm talkin smaaaaaalllllll.  Just hoping I'll adjust after I've been there for a couple weeks.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaami

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005 09:40:13 PM »

from delaware ave you can get everywhere. it's really easy. you'll have no problems with busses and stuff, just prepare yourself for delays in time with their service.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijou_raoul
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005 08:36:45 AM »

Well, that's good.  I'm a little less worried now about finding my way around & whatnot.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leaudemiel
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2005 09:52:36 AM »

Hello!

I moved to Albany three years ago and I love it. I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I live off of Lark Street (the fun place to be, avoiding the frat guys and most of the annoying drunk girls compared to other areas of the city) and couldn't be happier. I started a knitting group when we first got here, and we still meet every week. WEe have gotten too big at times (over 30 members, all young, hip and mostly fun) but now we're back to around 12 or so at a time. We're the Knit Wits. Smiley (Meet on Madison at the Muddy Cup on Thursdays from 7 to 9, and various bars during the week).

Anyway, I love it here. Is it NYC? No. But there is plenty to do if you seek it out. My best friend always complains she is bored here, but she refuses to try anything new, so I have no pity. There are a bunch of museums, a great underground art scene, and lots of live music. Im a happy gal.

Good luck transplants!
Mel
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nudity & Anatomy: 18th-Century Statue Causes a Scandal
Time Lapse Chainsaw Dormouse Bench Carving
Hyper-Real Sculptures and More Arts Stories
Toad Sculpture Chainsaw Carving Time Lapse
Student Snaps 19th Century Statue While Snapping a Selfie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...