A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SUPER SANTA 911!!! Suggestions of all kinds desperately needed!!  (Read 842 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fake_moustache

One day, everything I own will be made of yarn.

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2005 09:31:45 PM »

Ok. I'm insane. Every year I have a HUGE December party and have all my friends over, and I present them all with special personalized gifts. But this year, I am just STUMPED for what to make!

Year before last, I made them little rag dolls that looked like each of them.

Last year I made fat kitties, just how Merwing makes (I'm such a thief  Embarrassed ), all personalized to each of them. They always turn out so very perfect.

I'm don't know if I want to do toys AGAIN this year, but I really feel like I should because they open up so many more spaces for personalization and also it'd go along with the theme (I'm like Hallmark, I have an annual series. Ack!)

I just really don't know what to do. I got into bookbinding. I thought of making everyone journals. But that's a little more bland than previous years, plus there's people I've already given books to. And if I make toys, what kind? I'm so stumped.

ANY kind of suggestion, I would just love. Just say anything, anything could get my mind jogging. Also, don't even consider the work load. I always manage to make it all work.

Thanks in advance, all you marvelous creative people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I feel no need for any other faith than my faith in the kindness of human beings. I am so absorbed in the wonder of earth and the life upon it that I cannot think of heaven and angels." -Pearl S. Buck
Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005 09:01:59 PM »

hmmmm..........sockmonkeys?  maybe quilt lap blankets if you want to get off of the toys?
Aprons, BBQ for the guys....sorry not coming up with much but thought you needed some kind of reply...
I like making gift baskets with a lot of little stuff, handmade of course
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005 04:09:24 PM »

What if you had a craft table set up so everyone could make their own? Like you could do the flour and salt ornaments, or snow globes, you could also get those magnetic fridge frames, embellish, and take a digital picture of everyone (with you, groups or singles), print and give the picture and the frame, or you could get a bunch of wood frames and have flowers, paint, glitter, rick rack, and place on the craft table, then give a picture with the frame.
   Umm, painted plant pots, fleece blankets, embellished canvas tote bags (like iron on transfers of animals, flowers or something that hte person likes... embelish an eye with a bead, or a petal with glitter). If you crochet or knit, you should check out some of the finished crafts there....
Good luck, I'll think about it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
tofuttibreak
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005 06:54:05 PM »

Handmade snow globes would be really great for personalizing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scrappygirl085
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005 07:27:44 PM »

I like the craft-table idea.  I may just use that for New Years Eve for the kiddies! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005 09:14:43 PM »

Handmade snow globes would be really great for personalizing!
I like the craft-table idea.  I may just use that for New Years Eve for the kiddies! 

Yea, I made snowglobes a couple of years ago, it is really easy and you can create the characters inside or buy little things... I made sculpey items (one was a red and white mushroom with a butterfly on top, another was a snowman, a third was an embellished christmas tree and there were others...). I gathered all sorts of pickle jars or other wide mouth jars, cleaned them out fairly well, and made a mixture of glycerine and water so that the floaties would have a longer hang time... glued the "scene" to the top of the lids (I forget what kind of glue I used but my two favorites are super glue and glue gun, so I am pretty sure it was either one or both).... filled with glitter and some flecks of white sculpey that I made to look like snowflakes, added the glycerine mix, screwed the lid on and they were done. One thing I did too, was I used a metal paint to paint the lids, and one of the jars had quite a bit of distortion between the kid and the body of the jar, so I just make a kind of stand for the mushroom one, just a bit of green sculpey that I smashed into the lid to be the right size and glued in after baking so the mushroom would be at a better place in the body of the jar...

And the craft table thing we did for my niece's birthday, we did painted t-shirts one year, and we did lip gloss and body lotion another time... way cool for everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kristin Harmel on Her Inspiration For The Sweetness of Forgetting
Cassandra Clare on Her City of Lost Souls Launch Event
Tinsley Mortimer on Her New Book, Southern Charm
How to Stay Focused on Your Weight Loss
Alan Cumming Discusses His Macbeth Adaptation
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...