A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas present for someone who doesn't want a present?  (Read 763 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

divinefaeriette

Syd Barrett <3

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2005 06:49:25 PM »

Okay, so my best friend is boycotting Christmas this year. She thinks it's become much to commercial, so she's still going to partake in the dinner, and Christmasy Activities, but no presents.

I still want to give her something though.  Cheesy So, I said to myself, "She's trying to get the meaning of Christmas (not religious, but like...family) back, so I need to do something for her that shows I care." I figured a homemade present would be the perfect thing.

For her 15th Birthday, I made her a little booklet entitled 15 Reasons Why You Are Special. I'd like to make something pretty different from that.

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Opiate eyes and summer skies.
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005 06:59:27 PM »

If she doesnt want a present, then you may want to just leave it at that.

Or, if you do give her a present, dont wrap it, maybe...if she thinks it's getting too commercial then she wont want a typical wrapped-and-tied-with-a-bow present.

And when you give it to her, maybe say something like "i'm not giving this to your because it's christmas, but to show you i care"

These are just my suggestions. Smiley

As for the present itself: What sort of things does she like and what sort of crafts do you do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
divinefaeriette

Syd Barrett <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005 07:13:25 PM »

I don't think she'll mind if I give her something like this.

Thanks so much for the advice! I never would have thought about wrapping paper, but you are so right. And I think that you suggestion about what to say is great too, so thanks.

As for what she likes. Umm, okay. I'll list some stuff. Rainbowy stuff, writing, reading, singing and piano playing, music(she has a really wide collection), drama, and just really cool random stuff. She's pretty alternative, and is very open minded.

Crafts I do. Well, see, I'm in the Let's Check All Sorts Of Stuff Out And See If I'm Any Good At It Stage. I do have some drawing abilities, and collages are one of my things. Umm, I can sew, and I can woodwork. I'm really open to trying new things, so don't be afraid to suggest something else. If I suck at it, lots of time until Xmas to improve!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Opiate eyes and summer skies.
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005 08:12:20 PM »

Well one thing you can do is make cool collage and/or drawn bookmarks, get them laminated at kinkos...Here's some I did(quickly, so theyre not the greatest):
It's creative, personal, useful and easy! You could do a great one with music notes, or if you could get a copy of some sheet music of hers and use that...the possibilites are practically endless!!  Grin

Of course, thats probably just part of a gift, but its a start....I'll think about it- if i think of other stuff, i will let you know!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005 08:15:31 PM by Haylie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005 10:53:23 AM »

You could make her a mixed cd and draw the insert for it.  And give it to her a week early so she can't get mad! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
crafty_jen
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005 06:26:45 PM »

Why not make a donation to a family focused charity or an animal shelter or something and make a nice card that lets her know who you donated to and what the donation will mean for that charity.

If she is boycotting Christmas, this is a nice way to spread all the warm and fuzzy feelings without being all "commercial", and you can still make something for her too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take 3D Photographs
World Press Photo: Selection Process
Fashion and Beauty Photography Techniques
How to Create Ringflash Style Portraits on a Budget
How to Master High Key and Low Key Lighting for Fashion Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...