A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Comic Book Storage shoe Box  (Read 5895 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missy
« on: November 22, 2003 05:50:28 PM »

The ingredients here were a shoebox, some comic books, and some mod podge. The intructions coulnd't be simpler: Cut out pictures to fit box, mod podge into place. cover w/ more 'podge. Smiley

enjoy:

http://www.geekwhore.com/missy/crafts03.jpg
the full box

http://www.geekwhore.com/missy/crafts04.jpg
i wish i'd finished the edges a little more, but you can't see this part when its closed.

http://www.geekwhore.com/missy/crafts05.jpg
side view

http://www.geekwhore.com/missy/crafts06.jpg
top open

I'm thinking i'll also line the inside with felt, as i'm using it to store jewelery. Wink
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010 06:12:16 AM by pixieval - Reason: removed broken pic links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
feelingleftout
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003 09:39:03 AM »

that's really cute.
i love comics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missy
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003 04:43:16 PM »

yeah, I didn't think about the hinge on this particular box before gluing it down. if you look closely you can see where i had to crack it after it  dried. take that into account if you make one with hinges.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jinxya26

But I gotta Rock!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003 06:26:26 PM »

Smiley That is such a great idea, I use shoe boxes all the time for my crafts and zines!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daisychain
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003 08:05:22 PM »

Oooh! I have some boring/ugly photo boxes that I'm going to cover like this! Thanks for the pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starstruq

Life is not black and white...it's GOLDEN!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003 11:01:40 AM »

That's really cute!  I have a bunch of my craft things segregated into separate shoe boxes...practical but hardly pretty...and since we're talkin' about my crafting supplies I guess I should I should make them a crafty place to live!

I do have some questions tho'...What do you suggest I should do so the hinge part doesn't crack?  And also where did you get the comic...aren't they kinda expensive if you buy them new?  I ask because I would have to buy quite a few to finish all of my boxes and of course I'm going to want to make some for my friends...how cute would comics be on a hat box?

Grin Great Work!  Grin

-Misty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you dim your light to let someone else shine...the whole world gets a little bit darker.
Luna
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003 06:33:58 AM »

this is neat :-)

startstruq - try looking for old comics in thrift stores?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anu
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2003 01:30:47 PM »

And also where did you get the comic...aren't they kinda expensive if you buy them new?  

You could always use the sunday funnies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Misc_Debris
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004 08:10:09 AM »

This is something I have been wanting to do for years.  I, too, have a great lover for boxes and have stuff stored in them all over.  For nifty comics, you could try your local comic book shop - some places have an overstock bin where the issues are generally cheap ($1 or so).  Also, every summer one of the shops in town has a huge sale and all back issues are only $.10 and the proceeds go to charity, maybe they do something like that in your town.

Oh, and the BF just reminded me that comic shops, like any bookstore, have to rip the covers off and destroy the rest of unsold stock in order to get credit for the publisher.  Since you're looking to cut them up and use them for crafts, you may be able to work something out with the owner to take those pesky coverless copies off of his hands for cheap or even free!  I would try smaller, independent stores first, they may be more likely to bend the rules and hook you up.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missy
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004 08:30:47 PM »

yes. i actually picked all of these up at a thrift store after a comic shop gave them away. they were 10 cents a copy. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CircusManager220
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004 03:37:56 PM »

Is the a converse box?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Washable
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Your Acne Questions Answered: The Lightning Round With Dr. Murad
Things To Avoid For Better Looking Skin
Step by Step Guide to a Tyra Banks Look
10 Beauty Travel Essentials from OscarPRGirl
How to Get Big Brows
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...