A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Digestive System Knitalong: Part Five, Stomach!  (Read 61891 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ckamin
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2006 05:46:31 PM »

I'm trying to do the pancreas so I can finish this project but I'm confused by the directions at the beginning. Why would you use waste yarn to cast on with and then remove after one row? First of all, every time I've tried this the whole thing comes out. Also is this being worked in the round?

Since I failed to understand this I tried the liver but again had trouble getting started. It sounds like after the first KF, B&F in the knot it says to slide the stitches to the other end of the needle and KF&B in each stitch. This sounds like the way you work an I-cord. Is that right? And is it only that one time? The rest of the instructions don't tell you to do this so I'm assuming the answer is no.

I zipped through the rest of it during my Christmas break so I've been out of the groove with this project for too long waiting for the revisions. Maybe I've just forgotten how to do all this. I'd appreciate any help out there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fin
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2006 02:17:44 PM »

Yes, I had trouble with the pancreas too, but am very pleased at how it turns out, the pancreas stitches, when turned inside out, make it look just like the texture was described to me (like oatmeal that has been left out a day or two).  What helped me was to first read about the pancreas, it is 5-6 inches long and about 1" thick.  I started the bottom kind of like toe up socks, I didn't actually use waste yarn, but after one row, which I used like a base row that I knit off of front and back onto two different needles.  I am not sure if this is what the directions meant, but it came out perfect, you then work in the round, but it is more elongated like a sock than round.  So I cast on 4, then did my way of doing toe up socks, to then have 8 stitches to work in the round, then I placed the marker and continued with the pattern K1, Kf,b,f of nest stitch across.  I kind of followed the pattern after that, but the number of rows made my pancreas too big, so I kept with what I read about it being 5-6 inches long, and the general shape of it.  The texture stitches, the pancreas stitch is great, but you don't realize that until the end when you turn it inside out and stuff it.  I did the kitchener bind off as the weaving stitches together.  I don't know if this helps, since I could not exactly follow the pattern either.  The liver again I read about it first, it is cone shaped about 8" x 6 1/2".  To start, it is only the first row that you slide the stitches, once you have 6 stitches, I placed a marker and did in the round.  You increase 6 stitches every other row until you get to 72 stitches. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ckamin
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2006 11:36:58 AM »

Thanks so much! I'll give this a try today. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ckamin
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2006 05:21:06 PM »

Well, I made it through the pancreas and have started the liver. When I got to the section immediately following the increase to 72 stitches, I ran into a problem. The increases and the number of stitches don't make any sense. I can't figure out how you could do this and have 91 stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
minouette
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2006 12:59:43 PM »

Hey, there, anatomically-correct knitters, when I saw this, I thought og you:

http://harbaugh.uoregon.edu/Brain/index.htm

It's the Museum of Scientifically Accurate Fabric Brain Art!

Maybe a new project for you?

Cheers,
minouette
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I opened an Etsy shop! Come visit http://minouette.etsy.com

(I have a wist too: http://minouette.wists.com)
ckamin
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2006 08:32:21 PM »

Fin or anyone else who has made it through the liver,
I've followed your instructions on the liver <To start, it is only the first row that you slide the stitches, once you have 6 stitches, I placed a marker and did in the round.  You increase 6 stitches every other row until you get to 72 stitches> and I now have 72 stitches. I'm sure I need to continue this about 6" but then I don't understand some of the directions at the end. I know how to turn and knit but the "w" I don't understand. Can you help? Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheknttr
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2006 08:13:05 PM »

Is there anything new on this knitalong? It seems the website with the complete set of instructions is no longer active and the craftster knitalong stops at the stomach.  Help!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
memerryandpippin

Merry and Pippin are the best cats ever :-)

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2006 04:40:41 PM »

ack ack ack!
I'd appreciate any pattern stuff too, I just started the other day, so I have a while to find the rest of the pattern.
I googled the designer/their website/etc, but I only found references.
I wish "Strange But Trewe" were still around, the penis cozy was funny and I wanted to try the doknit.

Anyone with info, let us know!
Robin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
britsue
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2006 12:57:14 PM »

Help I can't find all the pattern for this digestive system! Is anyone out there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
britsue
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2006 08:08:52 AM »

has anyone got that pattern for the pancreas etc? cannot seem to find it and I 'm rearing to start???!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Converting a Tracing Object into Paths
Extreme Website Makeover - Adjusting the Trace Settings
Extreme Website Makeover - Adjusting Tracing Presets, Mode and Threshold
Extreme Website Makeover - Live Trace and the Tracing Options Dialog Box
Extreme Website Makeover - Creating a Company Logo with Illustrator®
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...