A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beatles Swap GALLERY!  (Read 9019 times)
Tags for this thread: beatles  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PlayItGeorge
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005 09:13:05 PM »

Oh goody I am glad you like it.  This was my first swap so I was nervous.  Here are some pics of what I sent wasabipeasrule.  Of course I was a moron and forgot to photograph the other things before I sent.

The Sg. Pepper's mug.  I saw that wasabipeasrule posted she loved coffee once so I thought this was appropriate.  I got a mug that had an insert that you could change the picture in, and I cut out these things for it.

Ringo box:  I am really happy with the pictures I was able to get for the box.  It was my first attempt at decopauge ever, so sadly I did have a few bumps I tried my best to even out.  I hope it survived the mailing process intact!

And the other two...you will have to wait for her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
goatgoddess
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005 04:32:12 AM »

Wow - those are great! love the pic's you got for both.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005 06:52:18 AM »

Very cool!  LOVE the Ringo box!  The Sgt. Pepper Mug is neat too!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005 10:15:58 AM by anna-begins » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...we all shine on... ~John Lennon
lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005 05:49:48 AM »

AAAAH! I got THE MOST INCREDIBLE package from onemosphere the other day!

She sent:

- the world's best purse with the Revolver album cover on it and it's sewn onto this awesome flower fabric ... it has a quote sewn on from "I'm Only Sleeping" on there and a change pocket inside. I've already gotten comments. AWESOME

- a wristlet with strawberries sewn on, and "Strawberry Fields Forever" on the flip side (I'm using this to keep my lipstick and compact in, inside my incredible new purse)...AWESOME

- fridge magnets of ALL the Beatle album covers - my my kids put them up immediately, trying to guess which order they go in... anyway, the look HOT on my fridge...hubby came home from a trip and said "What's all this?" He thinks it's great and it is!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

If any of you ever get onemosphere as a swap partner, you are in good hands. She is an EXCELLENT seamstress (I'm jealous!) and this was her FIRST swap!

THANK YOU JULIA !!! Grin Grin Grin

(PS: How many times did I say 'awesome'?)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005 01:56:07 PM by lucy van pelt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005 06:41:06 AM »

(PS: How many times did I say 'awesome'?)

I counted 6....   Wink

Wow!  I hope she took pictures - everything sounds *so* cool!  I really want to see the Revolver purse!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PlayItGeorge
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005 07:36:26 AM »

Wow sounds awesome!  I am so excited for my package to arrive too!  Seriously--how can someone make a sucky Beatles craft?  It's not possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005 10:05:46 AM »

I know. If it's got the Fabs on it, it has to be good.

HairstylinMama should have her package any day now - (((crosses fingers)))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onemosphere
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005 10:12:31 AM »

(My camera is not working - hopefully she can post pix)

Yeah, about that - it doesn't help when you don't remember to take pictures until you're in line at the post office.  I was in such a rush, because I had been in Vegas for Halloween, to get it out in time that I just completely forgot to take pictures.  But man oh man, I'm just so happy that you liked it so much!

I know my package is waiting for me at my apartment complex, but I was at a meeting in Chicago on Monday and yesterday and didn't get back until super late last night.  I want to go home NOW and get it, but somehow this work thing is getting in my way.  Now I know what box to look for though!  That is some awsome work on just the box - I can't wait to see what's inside.  I'll definitely be posting pics this evening.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onemosphere
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005 04:09:26 PM »

Okay - so I rushed home from work and got to the apartment complex office where it was all dark and a sign was posted that they were closing early today and I let out an internal scream of "Noooooooooooo", but lucky for me I made it just in time and was able to retrieve my package.

Hairstylinmama sent me some INCREDIBLE stuff.  I am so so thrilled with what I received and I almost started crying when I saw what was on the top of the package, which was:

An embroidered pillow with the lyrics to Julia on it.  My name is Julia, as was my grandmother's, and that song has meant so much to me over the years and now I will forever have a pillow with the beautiful lyrics on it:

Then I spied this awesome Rubber Soul clock, which is my all time favorite Beatles album, and which is the source of many long discussions with other people about why I think it's the best:

Next I took out some awesome stamped Beatles cards, some with a Christmas-y theme - AWESOME!

AND then I pulled out the coolest corduroy messenger bag ever, with two nice big velcro pockets on the outside, underneath the flap.  Seriously, seriously cool!

Please excuse my cat Simon sniffing around in the upper corner, he too was just so excited that he couldn't stay out of the picture!

Underneath the flap:

Thanks so much Jennifer!  This is my first swap ever and you helped make it a great one!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005 05:04:59 PM »

Wow - so many great things!  I knew that box HAD to be full of cool Beatle goods!  The Julia pillow is really nice.... Hairstylinmama - it must have taken you forever to embroider the lyrics on there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005 05:08:26 PM by anna-begins » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Camera Exposure
How to Focus Stacking - A Macro Photography Technique
A Comparison Between Nikon SLR and Compact Cameras
A Comparison of the Nikon D40 and D40X from the Nikon D80
Review on the Nikon 12-24mm Lens
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...