A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,039
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2005 Completed Costumes Scrapbook (completed projects with pictures go here)  (Read 134558 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ashestoashes

you'd better not mess with major tom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2006 05:02:22 PM »

Holy crap MsKerouac! The Plinko costume is the best thing EVER. Brilliant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists

I dig personal swaps.
racehorse87
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2006 06:02:41 PM »

For Halloween 2005 my friend and I were porcelain dolls.

Awesome! You guys look great as dolls. Very creepy.  Grin

I went as a doll last year too, although I was a gothic one. Woo! (My costume is on page 10 of this thread.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elizabeth128
« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2006 07:36:25 PM »

Awesome! You guys look great as dolls. Very creepy.  Grin

I went as a doll last year too, although I was a gothic one. Woo! (My costume is on page 10 of this thread.)

Thanks! We decided to go as regular dolls because we figured those could be especially terrifying on their own. We definitely had fun sneaking up on our other roommates as they tried to get ready for our costume party. I'll definitely check out your costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vickilicious
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2006 08:01:44 PM »

I agree with the tediousness of "a slutty _____" type costumes, so last year I made a monarch butterfly costume. At the time it was over 6 ft wide on a wire armature which made it immensely difficult to maneuver.

I've altered it since then, taking out the wire and painting the fabric with reflective pigments. I wore it to a zoo-themed party at a club in Chelsea this past summer.

These are the wings on the floor post-painting:

And you can't really see my antennae here, but luckily my boyfriend was fond of wearing them as well:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yttrai
« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2006 04:41:01 PM »

I know this is last year's thread, but i just read the whole darn thing looking for ideas, didn't i?  And i can't be the only one!

So here is mine from last year.  I went as a Computer Date, since i was newly single and was on date with a guy i met on the internet:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/Khayeth/computerdate.jpg

The "bodice" and "skirt" are broken computer boards i got at the MIT swap meet, for around $0.50 each.  By the time the meet was closing guys were running up to me with boxes of boards saying "Are you the chick who wants broken circuit boards?" so after spending $10 on the first two, i got the rest for free.  The tights are silver metallic and the tank top is gold metallic, $4 at The Garment District.  I dyed my hair red with KoolAid, and made bracelets and a necklace out of copper wire, the same wire that i used to hook together all the boards, japanese link mail style.

The longest part of construction was not the linking, but removing all the screws and bolts from the boards.  Fortunately, i have a dremel tool, so it was actually tons of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixing
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2006 05:59:14 AM »

I make the costumes for my two boys every year - store bought - no way! 

Last year the older went as napolean dynamite - we purchased a blonde afro wig that I gave a major haircut to look more like napoleon and a purchased tee - purchased 2nd hand wire framed sunglasses and popped out the lenses - old snow boots

but the younger wanted to be more creative - he's my assistant chef in the kitchen so we went with that theme

link to pic until I have ten posts

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/pixing/kill.jpg

purchased blank apron and hat (could have easily made but they were very inexpensive)  old shirt, not seen - purchased bloody plastic cleaver

the creative part was the blood and "gore"

the gore was made with sawdust, elmer's glue and craft paint stirred into a gloppy mix and spooned onto wax paper to dry - it took several days to dry but the texture and shiny quality was most excellent

after it dried, we glued it to the apron and hat

the blood was more craft paint - we laid the clothes out in the grass and flung it off a brush from a distance for spray effect, then we did a couple of smears

every single house we went to said it was the best costume they'd seen that night

if I were an adult making this costume I'd probably rig up some intestines with an old pair of pantyhose or something

this year we have a headless zombie and an "accident victim" 

Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2006 09:04:36 PM »

oh my gosh, that's absolutely disgusting.

i Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
theaterbabie
« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2008 10:45:27 AM »

Well last summer I made a Hogwarts costume for the release party.  I wore it on Halloween (though at work I had to wear pants and leave the robes at home Sad ), and then I wore it again for the movie premiere in November.  When I met James & Oliver Phelps!   Grin

Mary Jo

Haha, I didn't read the post... I was just looking at the pictures, and I was like OMG her friends look just like Fred & George!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brittany: Come in here
Me: I'm Busy
Brittany: Every time you scream my name I come
Jessica: That's what she said!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Secrets to the Perfect Burger
How to Shape a Burger
How to Extend the Life of Your Leftover Burgers with Bacon
A Bunless Burger You Can Try This Weekend!
Learn How to Make Hamburger Croissants
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...