A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
808 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2005 Completed Costumes Scrapbook (completed projects with pictures go here)  (Read 133022 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sketchygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005 09:41:20 AM »

A little backstory: I actually "found" craftster after googling "sock monkey costume" to find inspiration for making my boyfriend's costume and seeing smoking monkey's AWESOME one:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=52244.msg503386#msg503386

So this is my version of a sock monkey:

And I was Cheetara from the Thundercats

And here's us together:

I ended up being an "alternate" for the top 5 at a costume contest...a rented colonel sanders won  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nyourdrms
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005 10:32:14 AM »

Another Jedi!  Grin

My daughter insisted, so I threw this together without a pattern. We have since found her some tan pants to wear with the tunic and robe I made for her. And the material was all $1 or less per yard, so this was very cheap to make.

She's pleased and really that's all that matters, true??

T

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005 01:42:26 PM »

So we had an Alice in Wonderland theme this year, and I went as the dormouse.  I found these AMAZING miniature tea sets which were the basis for my whole costume.

Here's me, twinkling like a little bat:

Close-ups of the headband, which I am seriously planning on wearing all the time now:

My ring (and you can see one of the paintbrushes that a playing card was using to paint some roses...)

I am in love with this picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.bl ogspot.com
jinxtheminx
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005 03:26:44 PM »

i was a mermaid this year! by far my most laborious costume- i found out the hard way that machine sewing fabric with plastic bits on it causes melted plastic to adhere to your needle and catch your thread and make you go INSANE. everything except for the crown and wheelchair made or severely altered by me. Smiley the hair is in three pieces (two "falls" and a LOT of "fringe") which was painfully anchored to my head, and took 4 huge skeins of yarn.

i even bought a wheelchair from a flea market for my boyfriend to cart me around in.

my friend paul bunyan and i won awards!

i found it endlessly funny to have shell nipples. Smiley

xojinx
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005 09:46:26 PM by jinxtheminx » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ubergirlie
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005 03:51:49 PM »

All of these costumes are INCREDIBLE. I'm particularly in love with the Corpse Bride costume, the Cheetara costume and the mermaid costume (that wig is gorgeous!)
SO much talent here at Craftster...

Last night we went to a huge costume party/birthday party.

I was Goldie from Sin City.
I basically just painted myself in grey monochrome, added red lips and sewed myself into a red sheet.
But it was a Todd Oldham sheet from Target so I told everyone that technically it was couture.

My husband was a Baseball Fury from the Warriors.

He joined up with a couple of other people to be a whole crew from the Warriors.
Here he is with a Harlem Bopper and Cyrus.

One of my friends looked AMAZING as a zombie beauty pageant contestant.
I wish I had a really clear close up photo of her makeup because it was so wonderfully disgusting.
She had a gaping neck wound and scabby, bruised sores.
Here she is with Snow White and a Vampire.

All in all, it was a great time. Now I can just relax and hand out candy tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Meegie
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005 03:59:23 PM »

Here is my evil Girl Scout costume!

and

THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeyLiz
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005 07:23:54 PM »

This year I went as Professor Trelawney from Harry Potter. We didnt get any full body shots of the costume, but I plan on wearing it again to the movie premier in November so hopefully we'll get pics then.

Myself and my friend who went as a White Mage

Professor Trelawney having a drunken vision. (The green stuff in the wine glass is "pimpjuice" which is some sort of energy drink my friend gave me along with vodka. which I think was the cause of my massive hangover today. Sad)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicegirl512
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005 08:58:16 PM »

My mermaid!  I assumed my friend would realize the importance of capturing the mermaid tail in the pics, so I didn't specifically ask her to.  Oh well.  Too bad it would be too much trouble to do my hair and makeup again for a photo-shoot do-over.  The pics don't show the details, but trust me, hours and hours of work went into this costume (not the least of them in the gym!).  I made everything I was wearing except the shoes and bobby pins.

Full length

"Swimming"

I should have had her do a close up of my face and jewelry.  This is the closest I have.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have an Etsy Shop for my jewelry!
OhTheBether
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005 09:06:05 PM »

So I got really drunk and forgot to get pictures of my actual costume.  But here is my makeup.

We had a ZombieWeen party last night, my apartment was full of Zombies, and it was great.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 03:03:48 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I demand a snackrifice!

http://www.myspace.com/ohthebether
KeenBean
SappyMooseTree

Oh mah glob

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2005 08:01:58 AM »

Oh my GOSH the sock monkey ROCKS!!!!!

But yeah, this year I was an octopus! ( cough Im a dork cough)

its not THAT bad for making it all the afternoon of the night that I wore it. I went to a karaoke bar and sang "octopus' garden" and won first place at the costume contest hehe.

I designed it one day while sitting at work I was just like- yeah! wouldnt it be neat to be an octopus!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mandy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marion Cotillard Covers W Magazine With A Nutcracker
What To Wear To Subconsciously Attract Men
Vogue Magazine Reveals Their 10 Best Dressed American Women Of The Year
Lady In Red: Rihanna Rocks Barely There Calvin Klein Dress
Kristen Stewart Goes From Sexy To Modest In A Day
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...