A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2005 Completed Costumes Scrapbook (completed projects with pictures go here)  (Read 133486 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lizbot

is it just me or is it getting awesome in here?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2005 11:12:08 AM »

I was really happy with my costume this year, and my boyfriend's. They were both FREE!

I went as the Paper Bag Princess:

Tiara = from freecycle.org from a girl that lives a few blocks away
Grocery bags = free from the grocery store
Black makeup for soot = left over from http://www.calgaryzombie.com

Unfortunately I forgot to get my boyfriend to take a picture before we went out and in most of the photos you can't see my tiara so I just look like a dirty person in a bag! To make the costume i used 4 paper bags, crinkled em up, and turned inside out so there wouldn't be writing on them. I really wanted to maintain the paper bag shape:

My boyfriend went as Steve Zissou from Life Aquatic:

I took a long sleeve shirt that he had, removed some pockets, embroidered, and sewed the blue stripes with some recycled t-shirt fabric:

the real steve zissou: http://www.unreel.co.uk/reviews/t/The_Life_Aquatic_with_Steve_Zissou/co7.jpg

My boyfriend:

Also, here's us as zombies a couple weeks before halloween for zombie walk:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilgothkatt
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2005 04:49:39 PM »

This was not only my first costume that I've sewn but also the first dress I've ever made. It has it's share of mistakes but I was very pleased with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonke ys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2005 06:09:32 PM »

For anyone looking at this thread for ideas for next year, two good easy ideas i saw this halloween was a guy dressed as a "chick magnet" (wore grey, had a sign that said "chick magnet" and pinned barbies to his clothing) and a whole group of people who went as legos (they each got a large cardboard box and painted it in a bright lego color, cut out holes for thier arms and legs, then cut 6 holes (3 rows of 2) in the back and 6 in the front. They painted 6 plastic cups to match the box and stuck them thru the holes in the front and taped them on...when they put them on they could actually link together!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
opiate_rose
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2005 09:23:38 AM »

This was not only my first costume that I've sewn but also the first dress I've ever made. It has it's share of mistakes but I was very pleased with it.

This is the freaking cutest dress! Did you use a pattern?  If so, wish to share?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006 04:46:03 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jessdell
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2005 04:38:59 PM »

well i know i'm terribly late. but even though my costume is not near as wonderful or elaborate as you guys'...i was proud because i only had 5 dollars. all i did was get a leotard and paint the batgirl symbol on it then cut off the bottom of an old skirt, and put on my belt from goodwill and my poor wornout yellow converse...as well as my black stockings.

my friend went as batman with the shirt and cape i made him. unfortunately i don't know have a picture of us together. or him. oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Qwerty
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2005 06:05:55 PM »

i want to comment on each costume because they are all so creative and wonderful. i'm jealous of all the talent! the best halloween party would definately be one full of all these people.

so, it's my turn. i was waiting for a friend's photos, but they still didn't turn out as good as i had hoped.

from Halloween weekend . . . emily and victor from corpse bride (side note: victor propsed to emily that night Cheesy) emily's makeup wasn't great but victor's was. sorry there isn't much detail/close up.

from Halloween night. emily's makeup was better and victor's was worse Sad you can see the color/detail of the wig better, but i was in a rush and didn't get to put it on very well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qwerty
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2005 06:35:23 PM »

i have to post again, only to show off my sister and her bf.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

16candles
Impulsive Letter Writer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2005 06:38:33 PM »

qwerty!! those are absolutely amazing.  especially the dancing one.  tell your sister i adore her costume  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashion is feeding us identification.
http://www.geocities.com/dropdowngorgeous/
beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2005 03:18:53 PM »

SWEET!  Those are.... incredible.   I like her sleeves.

Aaaah, Napoleon Dynamite.  That is soooooooo rad.
can I gush enough?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
killer_threader
lord polly waffle

and unto them he said "borange"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2005 06:57:21 PM »

Qwerty I love those costumes Smiley it's funny because when I was younger (about 9) I used to write stories with the main characters name being Qwerty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and he said unto the people of the hills and valleys " and all ye who eat brunch shall be damned to hell" and unto the people of the plains and seas "ditto"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Butter Chicken
How to Cook the Spinach and Finish the Palak Paneer
How to Cut and Pan Fry Paneer Cheese
How to Cook Paneer Cheese
How to Cook Garam Masala
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...