A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,332
Currently Running With Scissors:
319 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Non-Halloween Themed Halloween Birthday Present  (Read 475 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bag_lady
« on: October 26, 2005 08:55:03 AM »

My mom's birthday is on Halloween and I really want to do something special for her that is not Halloween themed.  when my brother and I were younger we would get so caught up in Halloween, that we would forget about her birthday and I still feel terrible about it.  I've just done the spa thing last year.  She doesn't really have time for much in her life right now since there are still 2 kids at home, so I don't know what her interests are. I need help!

Thanks for reading.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tracymarie
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005 11:16:24 AM »

one year my mom was REALLY down for her birthday b/c it was right after she divorced my dad and I had no idea what to do for her. Then I remembered this book she used to always read us, Love You Forever by Robert Munsch - I'm sure you heard of it. Anyway, I picked up that book (or, if she used to have a favorite book to read to you when you were growing up, get that one) and made sort of a "mommy box" out of a box and some lace and paints and stuff. On the inside of the lid I cut out and pasted a ton of pictures of me & her together and that sort of thing, and put the book in the box along with a rose and some of her favorite incense & an incense burner, and some candles, and a few other neat little things that I can't remember. She cried when she opened it - it was so sweet! Anyway, she said she felt a lot better after that. Probably the best gift I've given her, even though it wasn't the most expensive

edit: oh yeah, and inside the book I wrote "Dear Mom, sorry for all those times I argued with you even though I really knew you were right all along." That made her laugh.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005 11:20:41 AM by tracymarie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bag_lady
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005 11:26:23 AM »

Thank you.  I can't really think of any books at the moment, but maybe i can do something similar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tracymarie
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005 12:59:42 PM »

well, if you haven't heard of/read the book I linked to, you should check it out. It's very sweet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Douglas Carlton Abrams Talks About Eye of the Whale
Philippa Gregory on Writing About Witchcraft
Summer of Two Wishes Book Trailer
Philippa Gregory Talks About The White Queen
Michael Ian Black Reads from Chicken Cheeks
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...