A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dog biscuit recipe needed  (Read 5366 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009 09:19:39 AM »

sorry it took me so long...here it is...

Peanut butter biscuits

2 C Whole Whear Flour(regular "white" flour isnt good for dogs!)
1 T baking powder
1 C peanut butter
1 C milk

Preheat your over to 375 degrees
in a bowl mix flour and baking powder
in a serperate bol mix milk and peanut butter
add dry ingredients to the peanut butter/milk mixture and mix well
place on a lightly floured surface and knead
roll out dough to 1/2" thickness and cut out in desired shapes(i like to cut them out as little kitties...but thats just my sense of humor)
Bake for 15-20 minutes on a greased baking sheet(or use parchment paper! it works really well and can be used more then once)

and there you have it! i have tons and tons of recipes so if u ever want more just say so! but these peanut butter ones are definitely our best sellers...even most picky dogs like them!

Is it possible to make these in a ball shape? I just bought my dog this awesome toy that you can stuff treats in and I'm looking for some recipes I can make in a roundish shape to cram in the toy and give her quite a bit of fun. They'd be fairly small about 1/2 inch or smaller around.
Anyone tried it?

Yup you sure can. I do it with the left over dough after I cut the shapes out. They may not need quite as long baking time though depending on how hot your oven gets. But my dogs have never complained if I burnt the bottoms a bit.

awesome. And I assume there's a typo for the flour it's wheat flour right? not whear flour?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009 09:20:12 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009 02:13:52 PM »

yeah whole wheat flour also keep it close by you may need some more. Sometimes my batter is really sticky (but not other times  Huh I don't get it) and then I just add a little bit at a time until I feel the batter is a good consistency.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009 09:00:58 PM »

yeah whole wheat flour also keep it close by you may need some more. Sometimes my batter is really sticky (but not other times  Huh I don't get it) and then I just add a little bit at a time until I feel the batter is a good consistency.
Sounds good. My mom got a great deal on some wheat flour so I "stole it" from her. We swap that sort of stuff all the time.
I plan to make some biscuts this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
very_vizsla
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009 01:11:46 PM »

i have have many, many free dog treat recipes on my website. I have beef dog treats, chicken dog treats, fruit dog treats etc... i think that i'm up to 160 different ones. you can check them out here;

http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/index.php?/Table/Dog-Resources/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is too short to wear a boring dog collar - Custom made handbeaded dog collars & martingale collars
Beadbakery
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009 01:20:52 PM »

I have a mini Daschaund who's soo picky!! I'm going to try the peanut butter cookie tonight!

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amatheon
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009 06:59:46 AM »

I love making cookies for my dogs especially since it's so easy and I know what is going in them. Here's one I like to make, the ingredients are approximate because I like to eyeball it and add or subtract things:

2 cups flour
1 cup wheat germ/rolled oat/corn meal whichever you like to add/mixed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
~3 tablespoons of chunky peanut butter
1 egg
3/4 tsp baking powder
milk/soy to wet the dough... I'm not sure how much I use- I just add it as I go along but I'm guessing around 1 cup Tongue

Preheat oven to ~ 180-190 d Celsius or 350-370 d Fahrenheit. Bake for around 15-20 mins... Again, I'm always hanging around when it's baking so I can't tell you how long I take but if the cookies are cut small and you have a fan-forced awesome oven unlike the crappy thing that I use which is older than me... then.... Oh, just look at it after 15 mins ^_^

My dogs love it so much that they will eat the uncooked dough (just tiny pieces that fall from the table while I am making it since I get a bit messy Tongue) I hope someone's doggy loves this too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Imsleepy

Zurich, my service dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009 08:28:48 PM »

I just made my dog some of these "brownies" and he absolutely LOVED them.  He literally stared into the oven as they were cooling, and sat next to me as I cut them into pieces, whining and waiting for me to give him pieces to sample.  I've only had him about a month, so I'm new to dog treat making.  As I made these, the liver was um.. let's just say "less than appetizing" to me.  I told Zurich to enjoy them, because I wasn't going to make them again.  Once I saw how much he went crazy for them, I decided I could suffer through the raw liver to make them again. 

I used less flour than called for, maybe half of the total.  I'm not sure where I got the recipe, so I googled the title, and came up with a lot of results, so apparently they're pretty popular. 

Bonnie's Sunshine Liver Brownies
Contributed by RosaKiana Rossi

The recipe makes a lot of brownies so keep any leftovers (should there be any) in the freezer because they spoil real easy.

* 3 to 3 1/2 lbs of liver, beef or chicken
    * 1 C whole wheat flour
    * 2 C white flour
    * 1/2 C corn meal
    * 1 med shaker of grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover cookie sheet with foil, coat with cooking spray, sprinkle lightly with corn meal and set aside.
Process liver in food processor or blender until it looks like milk chocolate. Pour into large mixing bowl and blend in the rest of the ingredients. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet (the mixture will be thick) and sprinkle lightly with corn meal. Bake until no pink is left. I usually bake them for about 30 min for one pan and then turn the oven off but leave the brownies inside until they are cool. Cut in pieces and be ready to be loved by your dog(s).

I have yet to meet a dog that doesn't like SLBs and I think that this is about the greatest bait on earth... Enjoy!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~If someone offers you a gift, and you decline to accept it, the other person still owns that gift. The same is true of insults and verbal attacks.
~We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart.
~Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.  I'll take cheese over worms!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Cut Field Tests the Peplum Trend
Street Style Hunting with Bryan Boy
Packing for Fall 2012 New York Fashion Week with Tavi Gevinson
Miss KK Closet Interview With StyleLikeU
Top 5 Best Dressed Stars of the Week
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...