A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,037
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dog biscuit recipe needed  (Read 5346 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rumrasin033003
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005 12:17:34 AM »

One thing that I have see all over the web is the use of onions and garlic in pet treats. Both can be very bad to pets, and even if your dog has onions all the time, and they don't seem to bother him, he could still get sick if he is continually fed them. There are quite a few things that I was shocked to find out could be harmful, like grapes and raisins are VERY bad, and I'm sure most people don't even know it!
Here is a link I found that can tell you more...

http://www.petalia.com/Templates/StoryTemplate_Process.cfm?Story_No=257&specie=1

Just thought I'd pass this on to all my craftster pals, so we can all keep our furry friends safe for the holidays!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005 12:53:18 PM »

Thanks for posting the link! I agree most people find a recipe and if their doggies love it then they think it's all good Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005 01:13:20 PM »

I knew about most of those but I was surprised about garlic. I give my dog garlic & brewer's yeast treats that are MADE for dogs! he has itchy skin and it really seems to help!  Undecided Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
ghilie

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007 05:49:03 PM »

I know this is an old thread, but I made the biscuits listed on front page by hardcoremothball.  They came out great!  And I am glad because I tried making doggie biscuits yesterday from a recipe I got off the net, and they were crummy.  Just goes to show you that people on craftster know everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
lady4feet
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007 11:28:08 AM »

I know this is an old thread, but I made the biscuits listed on front page by hardcoremothball.  They came out great!  And I am glad because I tried making doggie biscuits yesterday from a recipe I got off the net, and they were crummy.  Just goes to show you that people on craftster know everything!

They do, lol. My dogs and my parents and MIL dogs have all liked the peanut butter treats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007 11:55:29 AM »

Ha, for a second I pictured you feeding your parents and MIL dog treats!
I'm glad you revived this thread, just in time for treat season!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
lady4feet
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007 08:08:09 PM »

Ha, for a second I pictured you feeding your parents and MIL dog treats!
I'm glad you revived this thread, just in time for treat season!

LOL well my parents and MIL liked that they were homemade don't think I could get them to sample them though. I use to work at PetSmart in the salon we could see the registers where treats were kept in a bowl, you'd be really surprised how many people would munch on them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DogGrrl
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007 08:28:24 AM »

Does anyone have a good dog treat recipe to package as a mix for gifts?  You know, the kind where you layer the dry ingredients and the recipient just adds the wet ingredients?

I am doing personalized etched glass cookie jars for my doggy clients this year (77 of them - yikes! Thank God for my Klic N Kut!!!!) and was thinking it would be cute to add a plastic bag of treat mix tied off with a dog bone cookie cutter.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009 11:10:09 AM »

sorry it took me so long...here it is...

Peanut butter biscuits

2 C Whole Whear Flour(regular "white" flour isnt good for dogs!)
1 T baking powder
1 C peanut butter
1 C milk

Preheat your over to 375 degrees
in a bowl mix flour and baking powder
in a serperate bol mix milk and peanut butter
add dry ingredients to the peanut butter/milk mixture and mix well
place on a lightly floured surface and knead
roll out dough to 1/2" thickness and cut out in desired shapes(i like to cut them out as little kitties...but thats just my sense of humor)
Bake for 15-20 minutes on a greased baking sheet(or use parchment paper! it works really well and can be used more then once)

and there you have it! i have tons and tons of recipes so if u ever want more just say so! but these peanut butter ones are definately our best sellers...even most picky dogs like them!

Is it possible to make these in a ball shape? I just bought my dog this awesome toy that you can stuff treats in and I'm looking for some recipes I can make in a roundish shape to cram in the toy and give her quite a bit of fun. They'd be fairly small about 1/2 inch or smaller around.
Anyone tried it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009 09:11:51 AM »

sorry it took me so long...here it is...

Peanut butter biscuits

2 C Whole Whear Flour(regular "white" flour isnt good for dogs!)
1 T baking powder
1 C peanut butter
1 C milk

Preheat your over to 375 degrees
in a bowl mix flour and baking powder
in a serperate bol mix milk and peanut butter
add dry ingredients to the peanut butter/milk mixture and mix well
place on a lightly floured surface and knead
roll out dough to 1/2" thickness and cut out in desired shapes(i like to cut them out as little kitties...but thats just my sense of humor)
Bake for 15-20 minutes on a greased baking sheet(or use parchment paper! it works really well and can be used more then once)

and there you have it! i have tons and tons of recipes so if u ever want more just say so! but these peanut butter ones are definitely our best sellers...even most picky dogs like them!

Is it possible to make these in a ball shape? I just bought my dog this awesome toy that you can stuff treats in and I'm looking for some recipes I can make in a roundish shape to cram in the toy and give her quite a bit of fun. They'd be fairly small about 1/2 inch or smaller around.
Anyone tried it?

Yup you sure can. I do it with the left over dough after I cut the shapes out. They may not need quite as long baking time though depending on how hot your oven gets. But my dogs have never complained if I burnt the bottoms a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Summer Must Haves by My Style Pill
3 Braided Hairstyles That Look Amazing on Everyone
3 Variations on the Cat-Eye Look
Beauty Test Lab: Wine Wipes
Beauty Test Lab: The Temporary Hair Color of Your Dreams
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...