A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 306,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crepe Paper Roses With Tutorial  (Read 15402 times)
Tags for this thread: crepe_paper  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 13, 2004 01:16:57 PM »

someone asked me to post a tutorial on how to make crepe paper flowers. I think roses are a good beginner flower to learn certain techniques. if you like I know how to make about 50 different kinds of flowers,let me know, what youd like to see.
Supplies List
Crepe paper in flower colors ( black makes very damatic roses ) ( I buy from dickblick.com .99 cents)(NOT TISSUE PAPER)
green crepe paper ( optional , I will make a leaf tutorial another day)
20 gauge stem wire
28 guage spool wire ( its as thin as thread )
floral tape green
wire cutters
pastels (optional)
scissors
a chopstick
pencil
old cereal box ( for the template )
stapler
make a tear drop shaped template out of the cereal box, for your 1st rose you can make it a little big ( for ease in handling) . Now crepe paper has a grain which makes it stretch unlike tissue paper., you want the stretchy part to be the width of your template. Now the crepe paper comes folded ,do not unfold it just lay your template on top of the paper and cut a square off the folded sheet that the template will fit with room around the edges, . Lightly trace the shape on the square of crepe ( which is several layers) now staple all around the square outside the petal line, so you can cut like 20 petals at a time with out shifting the paper. Take the petals you cut you need 12 petals for a full blown rose,and shade the bottom portions with the pastels ( this is optional). .Cut a few pieces of the 28 quage wire about 8 inches long set aside. Next use your thumbs and index fingers to stretch the petals, see how nicely they cup. Next take your chop stick and curl the rounded edges of the petals away from you . Now take your stem wire and bend the end  a bit of it into a small loop ( so you flower stays on the stem) roll one petal around this end of the wire, roll 3 more petals around the 1st. Take the 28g wire and tightly wrap around the petals to hold on the wire. Then add the petals ovelapping each about half way. Arrange the last 4 or 5 petals slightly higher and allow them to fall away from the flower a bit. Fasten with your second piece of 28g. wire.now starting at where you think the base of the rose begins... start wrapping the rose and the stem wire with floral tape twisting and stretching the tape as you go. (stretching the tape makes it stick). cover the entire wire. Now go back and fuss a bit recupping and curling the petals and your done.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010 03:19:42 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
sfsf
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004 01:39:55 PM »

Absolutely Beautiful!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wannabesupercrafty
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004 05:46:32 PM »

wow dyabolica, you are VERY talented. it really, really looks like a rose. you are awesome  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brandi
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004 09:34:07 PM »

That is amazing, I love it,  Shocked I wish i had the time to make one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am gone for 5 days, earings will go out, don't worry, I am very busy and very overwhelmed... sorry about all this.
dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004 06:21:32 AM »

That is amazing, I love it,  Shocked I wish i had the time to make one...
once you know how you can make a rose in about 4 mins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
amelia bedelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004 05:27:17 PM »

those are so beautiful, i love paper roses
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
Illanna24
Enemy of moths

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004 12:22:55 PM »

That is really pretty! It looks so delicate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprinklez
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010 04:54:42 PM »

Hey, I was interested in this but the pictures are gone since it's been a while. Any chance you still have them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...