A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jacksonville/Camp Lejuene  (Read 7388 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yogirl
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008 04:41:39 PM »

I live in the J-hell area and over the past few years, every craft group that gets started, stops just as quickly. I have relegated myself to boring my husband with my projects. ha ha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childhood ends the moment you know you are going to die.
pfirsch

Una vida de miedo es una media vida

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008 07:58:10 AM »

I would like to give a craft group a try nonetheless.  I'm sure I would appreciate your projects without getting bored. Wink

Anybody else want to join?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Allissa
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008 07:19:32 AM »

HEY! I live here. well...close. once I got married I moved to Stella which is close to swansboro but if i want to go anywhere important it's in jville. my dh is a contractor on lejeune! I can't believe I found someone in this area that actually knows what craftster.com is!!!!!!!!!!  I'm sure you can relate
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008 04:50:43 PM »

OK all...I am having a pitty party for all of you in J-VILLE...LOL..I live out in Carteret By Atlantic Beach/Morehead Well let me tell you...If we want anything we have to go to Jville or Newbern if it is not Wamart the tiny azz micheal's ...we dont have anything here but funky thrift shope but craft or fabric forget it Walmart is really it for that....GAH..And to think We wanted to come back here..LOL...We were in DC and I was so totally spoiled as I have the worldX10 with in a few miles any direction...GAH I have nothing here soooo I guess the grass is greener huh...I met hubby 16 years ago in Jville and made him promise to bring me back to the NC coast to retire....Shisnic why did I not say Florida, Biloxi, Or New Orleans with the cool part of my family...NO silly me we are here with us and 1 of my best friends in the world GAH!!

OH You all should have seen J-Ville 15 years ago you think you have nothing now it was a ghost town...All that mess behind walmart was sooo not anything but woods and the mall well it is still sad LOL...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008 04:55:01 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
littlemisssewnsew
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009 06:47:21 AM »

Hello all,
I am new to craftster, not to J-ville. I have lived here for 16 years. It's def better than it once was. I do all sorts of crafts, mostly sewing, but have my little hands into everything. I am also a hairstylist. I really love to use old junk and give it new life. Love this site!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ComeOnGetDown
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009 07:45:29 AM »

hey, i grew up in jville (barf)  i've lived their my whole life (my family is not military).

i moved away about 7 years ago to go to school though.  i still visit pretty often because my mom is still out there and my bf lives in new bern (long distance relationship ftl Sad )  i loved the thrift store that was mentioned in the opening post!  i got pretty much all my dishes from there when i went away to school and i still have them all!  only one plate broke.  the place is pretty huge too and had a lot of neat things to look through.

another favorite place of mine is the goodwill on western.  they have TONS of clothes to sift through.. i attribute it to the military families constantly moving in and out and donating a lot of their things before they leave.

i'm coming home this weekend and i plan to work on a quilt for my bf for vday, so i'll be hitting up the fabric store in new river.... i'll probably stop in new river pottery because i have a hard time driving by without stopping   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pfirsch

Una vida de miedo es una media vida

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009 10:57:53 PM »

i'm coming home this weekend and i plan to work on a quilt for my bf for vday, so i'll be hitting up the fabric store in new river.... i'll probably stop in new river pottery because i have a hard time driving by without stopping   Cheesy
Be sure to take this with you!  (It's free to whoever will use it. Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neenee
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009 06:12:37 PM »

ok, new here to Jville and craftster... OY!
I am also new to knitting and crafting.  I just starting last november with knitting and had lots of problems with it as I have carpel tunnel and my hand would go numb after knitting for a bit... my dr said to stop... whatever.  So I have taken up looming.  Anyone loom around this area? Its fun and very creative.
I have recently finished a hat and scarf combo and now working on another scarf.  My next project are two blankets for my nephews... this is be interesting.

Anyone have any good suggestions for good yarn shops other than wallyworld and michaels? I am going to NewBern as I heard of a yarn heaven called Weavers Web.  I will be going next weekend... anyone heard of this place?

I live in Hubert, just outside of Swansboro and work in Cedar Point... I get most of my good yard at Salty Sheep in swansboro but they are really expensive but you get good stuff there and the two ladies there are sooooo kind and helpful... they are the ones that taught me to knit traditionally and for free... really nice place...
http://www.thesaltysheep.com/

anywho... my email is nbhorn@yahoo.com if you have any good suggestions or ideas or if you want to swap ideas with looming/knitting
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Allymomx3boys
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009 08:32:44 AM »

Hey, I'm in Jacksonville! Been living in this area my whole life.

I mainly crochet but I also knit, and sew(beginner in both). I havent be to Phootys yet, they just moved their shop. I'll have to check out the infant of prague thrift store soon.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

groperesponsibly
Mom to a beautiful, craft loving little girl!!

Dippin' my fingers into all things crafty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009 08:34:50 PM »

I will be moving to the area in a few months, and I am absolutely delighted to see that there are other crafters and I'm totally interested in forming a group Smiley

I'll be leaving all my friends behind in this area, so I need to meet new people!! Smiley  It would be great to be all creative with other people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do: Polymer clay minatures, Polymer clay beads, Beadweaving, Jewelry, Stone cutting (Cabachons) and wirework.  I will be doing: Stone cutting (faceted), Pottery, Silver and Glass work.

Personal swaps welcome Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Card Paper Flowers
How Make Paper Look Old
How to Make Personalized Luggage Tags
How to Design Your Own Patchwork Blanket Patterns
How to Put Together a Care Package for a Young Girl
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...