A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: winter holiday gift ideas for all pets (collection of ideas)  (Read 1184 times)
Tags for this thread: pet , pet_gifts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PepsiTwist
« on: October 24, 2005 06:11:11 PM »

There are some awesome ideas on this site and i was thinking maybe we could start a collection of gift ideas for our beloved pets. We could state ideas we've seen/heard of and ask for help with other ideas for specific pets and/or their needs etc. Hopefully this will help a lot of people out when searching for something to make their pet for the winter holidays

To start with I have a couple of ideas
For any pet you could make a scrapbook of their lives with you
Depending on the animal you could make blankets/hammocks/treats

For my chihuahua Im making a scrapbook, some homemade treats, a bed cover to go over he exsiting bed, and a fleece blanket

For my chinchilla I'm gonna make a scrapbook and a couple of new hammocks and maybe some new wood toys and buy some treats

Some of my ideas more organized

For Dogs:
Blankets
Beds/covers
bandanas
"pimped" collars
id tags
personal bowls
scrapbook (more for owner, but i enjoy showing my dog pics of him when he was younger, i know im weird)
treats
toys
sweaters/tshirts/costumes etc.

For Cats:
bed/covers
treats
"pimped" collars
id tags
personal dishes
scrapbook (again more for owner)
toys
scratching post/play gym (wood and carpet/rope)
clothes (dont think they'd wear them though, i dont have a cat i dunno)

For some Rodents (Rats, chinchillas, etc)
Hammocks
Wood Toys (see-saw/swing/house/ladder/hanging chews)
buy treats (unless you have a dehrdrater you can dehydrate your own fruits for treats)

Ok well thats all i have so far

If possible i need a lil help with my own pets
My chihuahua, Bandit, is kinda old (about 8 or 9) and very lazy and he doesnt like toys except his rope but tis brand new, he doesnt like wearing clothes (or bandanas), he doesnt wear a collar (inside dog), and he's picky on which treats hell eat and his breath stinks, Any Ideas?
For my chinchilla its a lot harder because of health conditions and such, anything sewn has to be made of fleece and pretty much all i can think of is a hammock, well a couple in diff themes, and some wooden toys, unless there's any other chinchilla/rat owners out there that have any good ideas im probably stuck with just the scrapbook wooden toys hammocks and bought treats.

Anyways i hope this helps a lot of people!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005 10:33:41 PM »

For cats you can give them catnip or cat grass. You can then have some fresh grown all year round.

For you chinchilla someone made a somersalt thingy on here before not sure if you've seen it or not.

Also check out the pet swap gallery, some awesome things there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PepsiTwist
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005 05:40:31 PM »

O yes i forgot about catnip/grass good idea that sounds perfect for my grandmas new kitten

I think i might know what your talking bout but unforunatly if im right im the one who made it lol, is this what you mean or was there a diff one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39479.msg347492#msg347492?

Thanks for helpin out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005 05:49:26 PM »

LOL yeah that's the one I was talking about. Don't know much about chinchillas, my good friend has one and our other friends had two growing up. I think the neatest thing is when they take their dirt/dust bath. Maybe you could make him/her a special bath container.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jamie Greenberg Sits Down with Skin Guru Dr. Lancer
Guy Attempts to Follow a Smokey Eyes Makeup Tutorial
Blogger Explains Her Nude Photo Shoot For The Be Beautiful Project
Beauty Tips for Older Women
Beauty Treatments Straight from the Beach
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...