A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: winter holiday gift ideas for all pets (collection of ideas)  (Read 1178 times)
Tags for this thread: pet , pet_gifts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PepsiTwist
« on: October 24, 2005 06:11:11 PM »

There are some awesome ideas on this site and i was thinking maybe we could start a collection of gift ideas for our beloved pets. We could state ideas we've seen/heard of and ask for help with other ideas for specific pets and/or their needs etc. Hopefully this will help a lot of people out when searching for something to make their pet for the winter holidays

To start with I have a couple of ideas
For any pet you could make a scrapbook of their lives with you
Depending on the animal you could make blankets/hammocks/treats

For my chihuahua Im making a scrapbook, some homemade treats, a bed cover to go over he exsiting bed, and a fleece blanket

For my chinchilla I'm gonna make a scrapbook and a couple of new hammocks and maybe some new wood toys and buy some treats

Some of my ideas more organized

For Dogs:
Blankets
Beds/covers
bandanas
"pimped" collars
id tags
personal bowls
scrapbook (more for owner, but i enjoy showing my dog pics of him when he was younger, i know im weird)
treats
toys
sweaters/tshirts/costumes etc.

For Cats:
bed/covers
treats
"pimped" collars
id tags
personal dishes
scrapbook (again more for owner)
toys
scratching post/play gym (wood and carpet/rope)
clothes (dont think they'd wear them though, i dont have a cat i dunno)

For some Rodents (Rats, chinchillas, etc)
Hammocks
Wood Toys (see-saw/swing/house/ladder/hanging chews)
buy treats (unless you have a dehrdrater you can dehydrate your own fruits for treats)

Ok well thats all i have so far

If possible i need a lil help with my own pets
My chihuahua, Bandit, is kinda old (about 8 or 9) and very lazy and he doesnt like toys except his rope but tis brand new, he doesnt like wearing clothes (or bandanas), he doesnt wear a collar (inside dog), and he's picky on which treats hell eat and his breath stinks, Any Ideas?
For my chinchilla its a lot harder because of health conditions and such, anything sewn has to be made of fleece and pretty much all i can think of is a hammock, well a couple in diff themes, and some wooden toys, unless there's any other chinchilla/rat owners out there that have any good ideas im probably stuck with just the scrapbook wooden toys hammocks and bought treats.

Anyways i hope this helps a lot of people!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005 10:33:41 PM »

For cats you can give them catnip or cat grass. You can then have some fresh grown all year round.

For you chinchilla someone made a somersalt thingy on here before not sure if you've seen it or not.

Also check out the pet swap gallery, some awesome things there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PepsiTwist
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005 05:40:31 PM »

O yes i forgot about catnip/grass good idea that sounds perfect for my grandmas new kitten

I think i might know what your talking bout but unforunatly if im right im the one who made it lol, is this what you mean or was there a diff one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39479.msg347492#msg347492?

Thanks for helpin out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005 05:49:26 PM »

LOL yeah that's the one I was talking about. Don't know much about chinchillas, my good friend has one and our other friends had two growing up. I think the neatest thing is when they take their dirt/dust bath. Maybe you could make him/her a special bath container.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
J. Alexander Reveals the Inspiration for His New Book Follow the Model
Author David Bianculli Discusses Dangerously Funny
Rachel Hore Explains the Story of a Place of Secrets
Convention Brings Origami Lovers Into the Fold
How to Fold the Longest-Flying Paper Airplanes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...