A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stuff for a new kitty...  (Read 1335 times)
Tags for this thread: cat , pet_toy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gingery
« on: October 23, 2005 02:56:17 PM »

I'm getting a new kitty in a few weeks.. she's a little older (about 7 years old) and I want to make her some stuff so she feels as spoiled as possible.. She's coming from a cattery that has about 25 cats, and she's "retired" (from cat shows and breeding) so now it's her turn to be spoiiled Smiley  (Not to worry...the cattery she's coming from doesn't use cages for cats...they pretty much have their own section of the house)  I think she has to be the prettiest maine coon I've ever seen, and I want her to feel as welcome in my home as possible.  Any suggestions?  I haven't had a cat in a long time, so I can't think of what to get or make (besides the essentials.. litter box, food..) I was thinking about making her some toys, but I don't know...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005 06:54:37 AM by gingery » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Darian
The standard snowflake.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005 10:34:53 PM »

Definitely get some Feliway, perhaps the diffuser. It really helps chill kitties out when they are dealing with changes & stressors. Toys would be good, catnippy ones... Giving her a snuggly bed and a cat post with a view are great things too... enjoy your new girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it! --Elwood Blues
gingery
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005 10:30:44 AM »

Feliway?  what's that stuff?  Never heard of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msmeow
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005 10:37:15 AM »

Maine Coons are so beautiful! 
The Feliway stuff might be a good idea.  It was recommended to me by my vet when I brought home a new kitty and my other kitty wasn't too keen on the idea.  It imitates happy kitty pherenomes or something.  You can get it at most pet supply stores, like PetsMart. 
Other than that, you're on the right track.  She might like a kitty bed to hunker down in.  And she may hide for awhile.  She'll need a brush.  And most kitties like some treats!
Good luck!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005 10:39:23 AM by msmeow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005 10:41:48 AM »

Join the cat swap! 

I'm just excited that I get to be in one.  hehe.

I'm too lazy (and half-busy, for once, at work) to find the thread... I think today is the last sign-up day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
gingery
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005 11:07:17 AM »

Join the cat swap! 

I'm just excited that I get to be in one.  hehe.

I'm too lazy (and half-busy, for once, at work) to find the thread... I think today is the last sign-up day!

thanks!  I just signed up!

Maine Coons are so beautiful! 
The Feliway stuff might be a good idea.  It was recommended to me by my vet when I brought home a new kitty and my other kitty wasn't too keen on the idea.  It imitates happy kitty pherenomes or something.  You can get it at most pet supply stores, like PetsMart. 
Other than that, you're on the right track.  She might like a kitty bed to hunker down in.  And she may hide for awhile.  She'll need a brush.  And most kitties like some treats!
Good luck!

I'm definitely getting some of this stuff.. she's an older kitty (7 years old) so the transition might be a little hard on her.  Hopefully, the breeder will get back to me soon.  I emailed her a couple of days ago after visiting the cattery, but I still haven't heard back from her.  I know she's a super busy lady, but I'm a little nervous.  I'm so excited about getting a purebred maine coon at the same cost of getting a kitty at a shelter, and the kitty is so sweet.. I just don't want this to fall through.  I need a little "pet therapy" to help with being depressed.. The thought of a kitty with bunny soft fur who wants to cuddle all the time makes me happy.. kinda like that feeling you get before Christmas when you're a little kid Cheesy

ahh, there.. i vented.  sorry Sad 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingery
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005 07:35:58 AM »

YAY!  I'm bringing home "Susannah" next Wednesday, Nov. 2nd.  I'm so excited Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msmeow
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005 08:24:19 AM »

I am so happy for you!  Will you post pictures in the Share Your Kitties thread?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingery
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005 08:25:43 AM »

You betcha... she's so beautiful, and I'm so eager to show her off!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
INTO THE ARCTIC #04: June 25, 2006-Studio Prep
SAM3- London Street Art Billboard for Nakba60.org.uk
Cloned Animals -WSYK #26
How to Make Wire Armatures for Stop Motion
How to Make Computer Animations
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...