A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help with cabled newsboy cap pattern from SnB Nation  (Read 585 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lisacb
« on: October 22, 2005 07:04:29 PM »

Did anyone have trouble with this pattern? I've knit up till the 1st row of the top shaping and the numbers are not adding up. The red is where I'm getting lost,
*CO 76 sts
*k2,m1* repeat (114 sts)

*p2, k2tog, k7, p2, k6* repeat   --When I repeat this over the 114 sts I'm getting 5 left over. I've restarted 3 times already, am I missing something? I've checked the boards and haven't seen any message of any errors, but it would seem for the above rep. to fit you need to have 119 sts for it to work out.  Huh 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleturtlemama
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005 07:09:38 PM »

each repeat of this: *p2, k2tog, k7, p2, k6* uses 19 stitches (2+2+7+2+6=19) and 114divided by 19 is 6, so you should be getting 6 repeats with no stitches left over.  Are you sure you're working each part between the *'s  each time?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisacb
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005 07:18:30 PM »

Thanks for the quick response !  Your right about it being repeated 6 times, I was counting the k2tog as one stitch when trying to figure out where I was going wrong. I still can't figure out why it's not working out for me though, maybe  I'll try this again tommorow and see if it makes a difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlight1221
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005 07:23:23 PM »

I haven't made this yet, so I'm not sure if this is your problem, but have you checked the errata?  If there's a fix for the pattern, it'd be here: http://www.bust.com/knithappens/oops.shtml
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleturtlemama
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005 07:27:17 PM »

do you definitely have 114 stitches on the needle now?  You might be off because you;re not starting with the correct # of stitches.  On the previous row with the increases, how are you doing them?  I know there have been several times where I've increased with something that uses a stitch (like a knit front and back) and didn't take into account that it would mess up the stitch count.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Finish Curly Hair with a Curling Iron
How to Finish Curly Hair with Product
How to Wet-Set and Diffuse Curly Hair
How to Add Product to Curly Hair
How to Wash and Condition Curly Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...