A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dishwasher Magnet  (Read 3279 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« on: November 21, 2003 11:57:55 AM »

Last week my boyf and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary.  He surprised me by sneaking into my apartment and making me dinner.  Well, he thought the dishes in my dishwasher were clean, when they weren't.  This is the third time he's done this.  He said he even gave them the "smell test" and they smelled clean.  I have a tendancy to scrub every bit of food off my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, so they may appear clean.  

Anyway, to prevent this from happening again I've decided I need a magnet for the dishwasher that will alert people to whether or not the dishes are clean or dirty.

Any ideas on how to make one that's cute and fun?

I was thinking of a magnet with Clean written on one half, and dirty upside down on the other, and then I could just rotate it.  But that seems so boring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jezabel
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003 12:57:48 PM »

How about like a sultry pinup girl  on the 'dirty' side and a fresh-cheeked maiden on the other? (A virgin/whore kinda thing?) Or a Bicycle for clean vs. an SUV for dirty? Or the same image of a naked woman (or man) with her bikini drawn in w/black sharpie on one side for "clean" and not for "dirty". (Like those pens w/the disappearing bikinis).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dani24

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003 09:15:24 AM »

Those are both really great ideas.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thixle
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003 10:43:54 PM »

You gave me ideas! So, instead of reading "The Tempest" like a good little college girl should, I made this:

It is of the card variety (dirty on one side, clean on the other). I took a clothes pin, painted it red, and hot-glued a magnet on the back. The images came from www.explodingdog.com and are about 3 inches square. (The clean one reads "It's good clean fun for good clean children") I glued them to a square of thin cardboard (one on each side), then sprayed them with clear spray paint. Oh. and I printed a tiny 1 inch image, sprayed it, and glued it on the clothes pin so the magnet wouldn't show. I'm quite proud of my procrastinated afternoon... Now I have to read "The Tempest."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003 10:45:02 PM by thixle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
thixle
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003 12:05:51 AM »

beeosh-- it's 2 am and I'm still on the net! *giggle* I wish there was a tempest movie *sigh* Like Hamlet, starring Mel Gibson! mmmm Mel Gibson.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
feelingleftout
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003 09:46:26 AM »

thixle those magnets are really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003 03:02:07 AM »

How about like a sultry pinup girl  on the 'dirty' side and a fresh-cheeked maiden on the other? (A virgin/whore kinda thing?) Or a Bicycle for clean vs. an SUV for dirty? Or the same image of a naked woman (or man) with her bikini drawn in w/black sharpie on one side for "clean" and not for "dirty". (Like those pens w/the disappearing bikinis).

that's fabulous, I'll be making one this weekend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomiqt
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004 04:19:56 PM »

That is really cute!  You said it came from a web site but is a website with comics or just random pics?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dani24

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004 12:49:11 PM »

Well, my mother had a dishwasher magnet that she no longer needs, since she got a fancy new dishwasher that tells you if the dishes are clean.  So, she gave me her old magnet.

The magnet is basically two rectangular pieces of wood, with a magnet on the back of one of them, and some of that ball chain (like you'd see on some key chains) that connects the two pieces.  The bottom piece can turn thanks to the ball chain, and hangs from the top piece with the magnet.  The top piece has "The dishes are" painted on it.  And the bottom piece says "Dirty" on one side and "Clean" on another.

Since it's a little too shabby chic for me, I'm going to remove the paint, sand it down a bit, and rework it.  I definitely like the idea of the devil/angel or of a "clean" virginal 50's girl and a "dirty" seductive 50's vixen.  The trick is finding the right pictures. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Korean Tacos
How to Make Naan Bread
How to Make Onion Bhaji
Making Pad Thai
How to Make Raita
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...