A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UK "Dear Santa" Swap. CLOSED Send by: 17TH DEC  (Read 15431 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purplefluffycow
« on: October 22, 2005 06:28:37 AM »

Swap name: UK "DEAR SANTA" SWAP
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  PURPLEFLUFFYCOW
Sign-up date range:  22ND OCT - 5TH NOV
Wish choice period:  5TH NOV - 12TH NOV
Date to send item by:  17TH DEC

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):  NO

Non-U.S. participants allowed?  UK ONLY

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  ALL AGES

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:

Everyone loves receiving gifts at Christmas so what could be better than receiving gifts from your very own 'Craftster Santa'  Cheesy

How it works:

1-  If you want to join then send me this information:

Name of swap:  UK "DEAR SANTA" SWAP
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Maximum number of gifts you want to send:

2-  Post a list of wishes when you have been approved and your name appears on the list of participants (unless you are 100% sure that you meet all of the requirements for swap participation).  This can be as long as you want but try to make it 5 or more wishes.  If you get stuck you can add options like 'suprise me'.  You can also add things to it until sign ups have closed.

Please highlight your wish post in Blue.

Please make sure your list has been posted by the 5th November.

3-  When sign ups have closed there will be 1 week for participants to choose what they would like to send.  I will post more information about this later in the swap.  Please make sure that you send your choices to me by the 12th November.

4-  After the 12th November I will let everyone know who they are sending to.  Everyone will receive from the same amount of people as they send to.

5-  You will then have until 17th December to make and send your gift(s).  Make sure you remember to wrap them ready to go under the tree  =)

6-  And the final step which is also probably the hardest  Cheesy  The aim of the swap is to wait until Christmas Day to open your gift(s).  NO PEEKING ALLOWED!  Cheesy  Hopefully we will be able to stick to this  Wink

Because of the long crafting period I will be sending out 1 message weekly.  During the last week I may send more.  It would be very helpful to me if you could reply to the messages (just a one word message will be fine) or just post here once a week with random comments.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

If you have any questions then please ask  =)

Choosing Who To Send To (5th - 12th November):

Send me a list of the people you want to send to and what you want to send to them (You can choose to send more than one wish to a person but this will count as 1 gift).

Depending on how things work out you might not send to everyone on the list, so try to write down more than the number you want to send (I'll make sure I don't give you more partners than you want).  The more choices you have the easier it will be to match you up.

Write your list in order of preference, so the wish you want to fulfill the most is at the top.

When I have received all of the choices I'll match you all up so that you will be receiving the same number of gifts as you will be sending.

Here's an example of how to write your lists:

Max number of gifts to send:  2

1-  Person A - bag
2-  Person B - necklace, scarf, hat
3-  Person c - bag, beads

(both choices 2 & 3 would count as 1 gift)

If you are wanting to make an item for PurpleFluffyCow, then between the 5th and 12th of november (Deciding period) PM your list to PurpleFluffyCow, and if there are items on there for her, don't describe the item. Then PM PurpleHeather with the item that you want to make for PFC, and the number it appears in your list, for example:

PM to PurpleFluffyCow:
1. A scarf for Nushy
2. A hat for Sasha
3. An item for PurpleFluffyCow
4. A bag for Jojo9

PM to PurpleHeather:
I would like to make PurpleFluffyCow a stuffie, and it is number 3 on my list.  I want to fulfil 3 wishes in total.

We will liase to make sure that you get the right number of wishes fulfilled.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005 05:41:19 AM by purplefluffycow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

purplefluffycow
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005 06:29:04 AM »

PARTICIPANTS:

Choices received

bracelet_girl
jojo9
nushybum
pavlova
phizzychick (is currently in first swap, will be joining us late)
purplefluffycow
purpleheather
rainbow_art
sarahjayne
sasha
SnailMailRaftCraft
tickle-me-emo
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005 03:40:49 AM by purplefluffycow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

purplefluffycow
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005 06:30:24 AM »

Here is my list:

Dear Santa  Cheesy , for Christmas I would love:

1-  Any of the following beading supplies:
glass/metal/plastic/shell beads (I dont use many seed beads)
metal/plastic charms
chain (no gold)
anything else I could use to make jewellery (I dont use any gold).

2-  Gloves in one of my favourite colours

3-  An item of clothing that isnt too time consuming (e.g. a reconstructed tshirt).  pm me for sizes.  My clothing style varies.  When I go out its sort of gothic cowgirl, but when Im relaxing at home/going shopping I like to wear big, baggy jeans and band shirts.  For colours see below.

4-  A handmade journal/decorated notebook.

5-  A cute stuffed friend.

6-  A bag.  I need something that is big enough to carry my phone, purse, a small bottle (500ml), other random junk and a couple of dvds (dont look at me strangely, its because I regularly rent dvds from work and have gotten into the bad habit of buying bags that arent big enough!)

7-  Some art to hang in my room.

8-  Scented body lotion/candle.  I like summery floral, sweet fruity and spicy scents.

9-  Surprise me:  something you are really good at making

About me:  I like almost every colour but my favourites are black, red, pink and purple.  I especially like black combined with red or bright pinks.  The only colour that I really dont like is gold.  I love cows (especially purple fluffy ones!) and anything cow related.  I also like stars and polka-dots as well as stripy and checked patterns.  If you need to know anything else then please ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005 07:35:18 AM »

I want to sign up just so I can send you nice prezzies!!! But I've banned myself from more swaps.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
purplefluffycow
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005 04:46:30 PM »

Awww  Sad 
And you're sure I can't persuade you to join in?  (I have the next 2 weeks to try anyway Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jojo9

meet my charming friend, the monkey gentleman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005 02:06:34 AM »

am all joined up now yay!

Now i need to work out what I'm going to put in my wishlist...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005 03:19:05 AM »

Awww  Sad 
And you're sure I can't persuade you to join in?  (I have the next 2 weeks to try anyway Cheesy)

Yeah...have fun persuading me! Basically, I am COMPLETELY stuck on a wish I'm granting for the ongoing wishlist swap....I've missed the 2-week deadline, but seaofstars - my partner - says it's OK as long as it gets sent....once I've done that, I'm freeeee to swap again! I'm going to try, because it's half term now, YAY!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
purplefluffycow
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005 03:22:07 AM »

Cry  It was worth a try  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tickle-me-emo
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005 03:25:48 AM »

well i've sighned up you cna't seem to keep me away from your swaps jen! hah. ahhh this shud be fun and reallly hard not to open until christmas day! xxxxxxxxx but i shud have some will power i hope!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bracelet_girl
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005 04:00:17 AM »

I've sent my info in.  Cheesy Now to think of a wishlist...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Butter Tart Recipe
Chicken and Mushroom Strudel on Baby Spinach Recipe
How to Cook Tilapia
How to Make Southwest Sauce
How to Use a Smoker Box
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...