A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: got fun, original, badass xstitch patterns? share!  (Read 1329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarcasmik
« on: October 21, 2005 10:25:30 AM »

my sister and i both have boring desk jobs, so we've taken up cross-stitching.  the only problem is, most of the patterns we find are some variation of a "home sweet home" sign - and the others cost money.  now, we may have jobs, but we're also broke college kids. 

so i've decided to make a website of only free, original, funky designs.  i've made some patterns of my own, but i'm new at this so i don't have very many yet. 

do any of yall have designs you'd like to share via my website?  they can be nearly anything - band logos, celebrities, abstract...  as long as they don't include the words "home sweet home."  (well, unless you can work that into something fresh, lol)  anyone who contributes will be fully credited for their work, and not just on the links page.  your name, email address, website, whatever you want will be listed with the pattern. 

if you have something you'd like to contribute (ideas, patterns, etc.), you can post it here or email me at imrad_yourerad@hotmail.com.  thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
Chrislea
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005 11:16:46 AM »

I'd be interested in seeing the site you're making.  I don't have any complete patterns *stabs software with a fork* but I have a few ideas of fun-ish things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
digitalmaven
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005 09:37:39 AM »

I don't have anything to share just yet, but I would love to see your site when it goes live.  I keep running into the same problem, of always finding patterns that would appeal to little old ladies, but definitely not me!  I can't wait to see what you put together, so keep us posted Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarcasmik
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005 07:43:40 PM »

unfortunately, the website is going to be relatively small (at least for now) since i'm the only one contributing.  hopefully that will change, but i will definitely keep yall posted. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
birdsong
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005 12:59:07 PM »

I've got two killer ones that I got from the website of one my favorite bands (Split Lip Rayfield).  I'll scan them and just post them on this thread.

One is a skull and cross bones and the other is a dagger through a heart. 
I completed the skull and crossbones one but I don't think I'm skilled enough at X-stitching to complete the dagger.  I'll post them shortly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
birdsong
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005 01:16:50 PM »

here they are.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
revyn13
don't even think it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005 09:23:40 AM »

I'm currently working on trying to get a bookmark together.  I'm looking at something like a traditional sampler with the parallel lines of different stitching, then instead of the name and date or Home Sweet Home or whatever, I'm thinking maybe "Bite Me" or something along those lines...  *IF* I ever get it done and *IF* I can figure out how to chart it (without having to pay an arm and a leg for software) I'll share it if you'd like  Smiley  I completely agree, there is a serious dearth of cool patterns.  Crochet and knitting are getting a kick in the rear and becoming cool now, so maybe cross stitch isn't far behind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005 10:11:15 AM »

How about charting your design the good old fashioned way with pencil, eraser and graph paper?  Here is a link to a free website where you can customize your own graph paper and then print out the resulting PDF file.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
revyn13
don't even think it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005 11:36:57 AM »

That's a lovely idea but I don't own a working printer  Smiley  Also, if I plan on sharing a pattern via computer, I have no way to get the pattern scanned besides taking a picture with my camera, which I don't think will work too well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Turkey Puppet
How to Create Your Own Puppets
How to Make a Puppet Fox
How to Make a Dog Sock Puppet
How to Create a Hand Puppet With Socks
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...