A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your skills  (Read 625 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

olenka

if i can't dance, i don't want your revolution

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2005 06:40:14 AM »

Yesterday  my friend asked my to show her how to crochet. I was amazed how fast she got it, I tot her how to do chain singlecroshet, double crochet and net pattern that is used in fillet crocheting. She holds yarn differently then I but I think that it is important that she fills comfortable.  I'm incredibly proud of her, and a little bit of myself as well, so i wonted to brag.

We havepost about how we learned to crochet so maybe  now it is time to share our experiences with teaching others.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skitterflex
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005 08:07:31 AM »

Last year my roommate saw my crocheting scarves and asked me to teach her how.  I taught her  how to make a dc scarf and she picked it up rather fast progressing to chenille instead of acrylic in a matter of weeks.  She made one for her mother, grandmother, and tiny nephew.  The only problem she had was counting, since I don't really do that and rely on sight to even the borders up, so I had to tell her where she dropped stitches.

Other than that one experience last year no one else has really expressed an interested in learning how to crochet. Dorm kids are so busy anyway with cooler things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://duckfoot.esy.com -- bright and bold accessories for the odd duck
twelvety
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005 01:33:27 PM »

Yesterday I was hanging out with my partners 11 year old niece and she was watching me crochet for a while and then asked me to teach her. We got off to an OK start, it was a little hard though, me being left handed.
I'm going to see her on Sunday for her next lesson, makes me feel pretty good teaching someone. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005 03:36:28 AM »

I went to a bookstore to meet up with a crochet group - alas I was the only one to show - and when I asked the girl at the checkout about the group she said she wants to learn so badly.  She did get up enough gumption to ask if I would teach her and I told her I would.  I hope she calls soon - my husband just got a job yesterday so he will be going back to work in 2 weeks -yay! - so she will have to learn quickly!

It is always great to pass it along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
olenka

if i can't dance, i don't want your revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005 02:21:58 AM »

twelvety I was shocked how good it feels to teach somebody.
 Maybe if we managed to find more people interested in learning crocheting would become more common skill and we would;t have to fell wired , crocheting in publick.
 During 70's my country suffered from depression and shortage of common goods. Because of that it was normal fore women to crochet ore knit in publick because re-using old clothes was necessary. We should pass on our skills, you newer know when depression strikes back Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nevadanteater

has the world changed or have i changed?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005 06:08:51 PM »

between me and my old flatmate we've taught about 12 people.  some people are annoyingly good and pick it up MUCH faster than i did.  i hate that.

right now i'm running a crochet workshop, it has 5 people in it who've never crocheted before.  one bloke has gone crazy and in the space of a week made 2 scarves (it took me nearly 2 months to finish my first scarf when i first learned)...i'm so proud!

teaching is fun, and it helps you learn too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Rock Fresh Monochrome
Ditch Your Jeans for These Breezy Pants This Summer
Summer Outfits That Look Slimming on Everyone
Best Shorts for Your Body Type
7 Chic Sandals to Wear to an Outdoor Wedding
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Dress
Wonderful Washi
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...