A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Because I am Knit and Crochet Incompetent.....  (Read 5808 times)
Tags for this thread: shibori , no_knit_scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

felly
19th October's the B.dae

the felly to the ellly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005 09:44:24 PM »

These are great! too bad my country...singapore... does not have those sscarf wearing weathers too.. Embarrassed
Btw, what are the dimensions you used? and i love the fabric.. i'll start my shopping trip for kimono fabrics
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeLLy BeLLy MeLLy JeLLy KeLLy TeLLy *heart* Crafty

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/felly
.:popsi:.
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005 03:29:06 AM »

jesus woman...you know how to churn out all the best stuff.  best.scarves.ever!

oh, and i too am knitting incompetent...all i ever end up with is a bunch of very curly yarn (everything i've ever tried to knit has been frogged)  Cry
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005 03:31:07 AM by .:popsi:. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
msbeautifull
Craftser Afficianado

Drink Down Your Gin and Kerosine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005 05:27:52 AM »

I lovelovelove those.  As usual, amazing work.  Since I live in Winterpeg and have a nice black jacket I'll make 100 00 of these in every color.  Can you say PRESENTS?  Since I'm knitting disabled.  I love the design and color combo of the last one.

OH! This pattern would work for a piano key scarf, too right?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On the way home held your camera like a Bible, hoping desperately it contained some sort of truth

Every revolution began with one small act of defiance
mariska

play's the thing ;)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005 05:46:27 AM »

seriously, patchwork has never looked so sexy before!! i think you need not to worry about the weather, wear them anyweather! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

think outside the box
xxboheme

love is the melody

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005 02:38:27 PM »

I love the vintage kimono fabric
Those scarves are awesome!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wealleatpasta
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005 03:37:29 PM »

Wow!

Both the fabrics and the way you combined them are amazing! I love scarves and these top them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005 03:41:18 PM »

really rad! i'm in central florida...no really cold weather here...but i'd still where the hell out of those anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargirl

whatever it takes...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2005 04:44:17 PM »

i live in south fl too, and i know what you mean!
you scarfs are very nice! ive sewed one scarf before (it was a harry potter scarf), but yours look a lot better. good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2005 07:32:01 PM »

geniusNOTatWORK  -  Aw thanks!  I supose you could say they are sexy scarves! 

Katosphere - Thank you!  No - don't put down your knitting needles!  Gosh - I'd give anything to be ABLE to knit!

kp - *blush*  Thank you!  A touch of whimsy - I never thought of them like that - but you I think it is a good description.

Jessies_Girl - Thank-you!

Verrito - Thank you!  I actually hate having my photo taken - but I don't have anyone else close to me to model them =(

daydreamer - Thank you!  The pink and red one makes me think of candy candy candy!

pnk_elefant - Thank you! Cheesy

linzasaurus - Haha!  I'd love to give them away - but a girl's gotta eat somehow. It is either that or I put my cat out to work the streets Tongue

fearnotsomuch - Aw...but!  I really want to learn how to knit and crochet.  I have all these grand ideas and I just cannot do it.  I also want to knit/crochet with kimono fabric strips as well (see...I told you I have grand ideas ;P).

felly - Thank you!  Singapore?  I'd love to visit there one day!  Dimentions for my scarves are 6.5" wide by 74" long (that is the dimention for the pink scarf - I prefer that length the best)

.:popsi:. - Aw shucks!  Thanks so much!  My attempt at crochet was meant to be a square swatch...which magically turned into a triangle without even trying.  I gave it to my cat to play with.

msbeautifull - Thank you! If you make them - post them! =D  I'd love to see!  I'd imagine this pattern would probably work for a piano key scarf.

mariska - haha!  I used to think patchwork was old grannies stuff - but over the last couple of weeks I have a whole new appreciation for it.  I think the key is using spiffy fabric.

xxboheme - Thank you!

wealleatpasta -  you just made me hungry typing your name ;P  Thank you for your lovely words also!

surfergrl311 - Central florida has to get colder than South florida - well...at least I hope it does!

stargirl - Yay!  More people suffering the lack of winter weather! Cheesy  It has never occured to me until I made these to sew a scarf - I've always thought of them in the knitted/crochet realm.

Sad thing - I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to sew for a while - I think I broke my big toe tonight...I tripped over and now it is all swollen and hurts like hell when I move it - I'm not sure if I'll be able to use the foot pedel of my machine or not.  That makes me sad =(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
imnotcoherent
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005 07:43:44 PM »

these are lovely! let us know if you decide to sell any!

edit** just noticed them on your website...yay!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005 07:45:19 PM by imnotcoherent » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Highlighting Tips
Highlighting your Hair
How to Make Emo Style Extensions
How to Do an Emo Haircut
Learn how to Care for Haircutting Equipment
Latest Blog Articles
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie
Magical Miniatures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...