A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ONGOING WISH SWAP ROUND TWO - THIS SWAP IS CLOSED!  (Read 22377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005 06:16:36 PM »

i'm going to fulfill a wish for poppysmum, who posted the last list on round 1 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=54495.720;topicseen

and here's my wish list - (and i'm in canada -  and it's really not that chilly yet)

- i'm completely in love with this cupcake hat - http://grandbluedoor.com/knitblog/?cat=3
but i KNOW that i would never ever wear it as a hat. (i like the one with chocolate icing, a blue wrapper and sprinkles) now, i'm not a knitter, but i'm hoping it would be possible to make it into a pillow instead? OR, feel free to just make the hat, and i can sew some fabric across the bottom myself. either way, please don't feel that you need to stuff it before you mail it, that's too expensive for shipping.

- i would LOVE a doll that's francesca lia block inspired. my favourite characters are witch baby and weetzie bat, and i would LOVE a doll made of either of them to sit in my FLB shrine that i'm planning. (also, if you're not familiar with FLB, i can send you a description of what witch baby should look like) here are some examples of the dolls that i love-  http://spookbot.com/green/index.html i think they'd be the perfect style to portray the characters!

- something made of hand spun yarn. i love how knobbly it is! a long and skinny scarf would be cool. or, you could just send me enough yarn to crochet myself a long scarf. either is good.

- a cool blanket. a fleece blanket with appliques would be cool. it doesn't have to be super fancy! coloured leopard print fleece would rock my world. (like grey, pink, blue etc. please no brown!)

- virgin mary/lady of guadalupe stuff. my new bathroom will be this theme if all goes well, (cleanliness is next to godliness) help me add to my already gigantic collection! i like sacred heart stuff too, but i'm not a big fan of jesus!

ADDED - funky earrings. i like chunky dramatic jewelery, nothing too delicate. and i only ever wear one earring, so feel free to make me a few singles! i like the ones that are kinda 80s with plastic, and i like fun beads. i LOVE the multiple strands ones someone recieved on round one of this swap. they need to be made with simple shepherd's hooks, cause i have to bend them to fit through my tunnel. don't worry about using great quality metal, cause they don't actually touch my skin! silver please, or that blackish silver.

ADDED - mittens! i would love mittens, expecially if they had skulls or stars on them. whether they're crocheted or knitted, or you put an applique or embroidery on bought ones, i don't care. that would be awesome!

ADDED - i LOVE the skull scarf on knitty - http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTyorick.html
i was thinking about trying to make it out of fleece, but i'm not gonna have time. if you wanna try, feel free!

ADDED - i'd love a black a-line style skirt. i can send you measurements. it can really simple, or you can embelish it, whatever.

about me-

i love black. i wear a lot of black! my accessories are usually white, grey, fuscia, teal or blues.

My style is a mix of goth/punk/glam, somewhat scenestery and also kinda over the top pin up style. I like tiny stripes and all sized polka dots. Ive recently fallen in love with leopard print all over again. I like zippers, studs, rhinestones and feathers. And glitter!

oh, and i'm strictly silver to wear, though i don't mind gold with mary stuff, it adds to the kitsch factor.

i know this is extremely detailed, but i'm really not that picky, just trying to give you lots of info!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005 06:18:53 PM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
craftydame

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005 06:19:53 PM »

mayby some stuff thats a bit more general..??

i tried! is that any better?

i really want to make you that cupcake but i dont know how to make the little knobbilies that are on the edge of the frosting...i might get some courage sooon.  i have to get through some homework before i attempt.  but i do want you to know that i do want to make it sometime for you....

aw, thanks! i'll probably just keep it on my lists, just in case!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobolink

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005 06:22:55 PM »

I can make funky earrings! I just made a pair the other day and thought how 80's they looked!
This is my first wish for this swap.
1- Something made with felt. I think felt and felted stuff is so cool, but since I don't sew I can't really make anything with it. (This is sewn felt, or needle felting- fulling or washing knitting till it felts I can do) Thanks hertrigger!
2- Earring holder or necklace holder. I have an earring holder/ necklace holder, but it is getting VERY full and I could probably use another. Thanks remisica!
3- Handspun yarn...mmmmm
4- Polymer clay jewelry or beads alone. Love this stuff.
5- Some 1inch buttons. I'd love birds, animals, knitting / crafting themed ones and cool patterns.
6- A decorated or embellished hoodie. Could be anything!
7-Original art! but on the small side I'm running out of wall space. Thanks heroinechic
8- Jewellry with images. Ie stamps or resin stuff- actually not glass marble stuff  though, cause I make those and have made way too much for myself- Or something with vintage charms.
9- I have huge windows and a skylight in my new place. Something maybe to hang on them, but not too big- I don't want to take up window space. Bird themed would be awesome.
10-Decorated pillow case. For the middle of my bed, so I single maybe alterntive shaped pillow would be great! My comforter is Green and my sheets are beige. Either something nature/ leaf or bird  themed to go with my bedroom, or just sexy themed cause it is my bed after all! Or something with bears- a thing my boyfriend and I have, but maybe not too cutesy with the bears. Cute, but not old school crafts motif- if you get what I'm saying (if you go for the bears it would be neat if it said Mr. Bear on it somewhere)
11- I need a travel coffe mug, for the car when I make coffee at home ,but don't have time to drink it before work. I can buy one easily, but maybe you crafters can think of a way of making one more original and cool for me!
12-I'll probably think of more stuff, I always think of something right after I post- so keep checking for updates!

About me: 27 year old grad student who spends way too much time on craftster at my desk, instead of where I should be- at my bench doing experiments. I love all animals and animal motifs. Owls and all birds, forest animals, cats etc.. Nature stuff and city artsy stuff too. I love all colors, but probably bright ones over pastels, but earthy ones are great too especially for a nature theme. I also prefer off colors to primaries- ie turquiose over navy blue. I love any old, vintage, retro looking stuff and patterns- but I really like modern stuff too. I love old vintagy stuff like adds ie- fruit crate labels and pin ups. I love when prissy crafts are mixes with racy stuff ie an embroidered pin up- I think that really represents what us awesome craftsters are up to.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005 06:44:54 PM by Bobolink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
craftydame

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005 06:26:20 PM »

I can make funky earrings! I just made a pair the other day and thought how 80's they looked!
This is my first wish for this swap.

yay! thank you!

hopeefully we can get the swap going better once you post your list - i seem to have killed it for awhile!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005 06:29:21 PM »

well i was trying to think of how to make you that cupcake hat and i wasn't sure if i could get it out in a couple of weeks with all the other stuff i  have to make... but when i figure out the logistics, you're MINE, craftydame!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005 06:41:41 PM »

Okay bobolink... I'm going to take either your hoodie or your pillow-thing. Will figure out and pm you soon!

Wish List is here!

Chunky and Funky Charm Bracelet (thanks to kategirl, I'm now addicted  Grin ) Something like these:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=57703.0;topicseen
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=43355.0

I loved my fingerless gloves from bloocanoe, so now I must have more!   I'm completely determined to stay warm this winter.
I'd love a pair of convertible mittens, or even just the gloves without fingertips. I could craft with them on!

A cloche hat! Felted, crochet, knit, sewn.. whatever!  I'd love a black one, with little flowers... :dreamy!: but any type of 20's hat would make me beam with delight!

A cute jewelry box. I just end up throwing all of my things on my dresser and I'm always losing things! I'd love something this style: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=58016.0

A scarf like this! (do you see my need to learn to knit/crochet!)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=54297.10

An amigurumi. i'd love an owl, or a tree! but anything would make me happy. I love this little doll too!
http://etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=21864

Wall Art. My walls are a bit bare, so I'd love some time of art to hang. I love mix-media stuff... paint and clip art and writing and... anything goes. I like more dramatic things and my room is semi-dark colors.

Owl Jewelry. Some type of necklace, bracelet, earrings etc.. with owls on them. Anything would really make me happy.  Smiley

Some type of cool tray for my room. I'd love it to be a medium sized, as I'll throw tons of stuff on it. It could be decoupaged, pottery, record bowl but flatter.. just surprise me!

I'll add some more things if needed.

I'm in Michigan.. and it is chilly here!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2005 07:33:13 PM by seaofstars » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
taloola

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005 07:48:46 PM »

i foresee a cupcake war! heehee!

bobolink, i have been adoring your sweater (in your avatar) and i am curious as to what pattern it is!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005 10:18:41 PM »

i just got a wonderful pattern for fingerless gloves... i was going to make them for myself but now i'll try them on you first Smiley

I choose Sea of Stars and this is my FIRST WISH that i'm fullfilling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005 10:34:31 PM »

My list-o-rino!

• a hip belt like here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47995.0
    in a super cool print, maybe with turquoise in it or with thin stripes? that would be awesome!
    (i'm already getting a solid color one, but maybe a bright color? i like turquoises and blues, apple green!) 32" waist (i like them kinda low)
  • a hipslinger - in reddish, orangish shades, or in blues -- PinkMafia sent me a green one and now i am greedy for more MORE!!!
  • a goldfish necklace like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39105.0 or anything with goldfish on it!
  • felted beads!
  • a necktie bag - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45985.0;topicseen -- doesn't even have to be as big as this one but i would love one to carry around!
  • tudor rose purse: http://www.savvyseams.com/bags/flower.php
  • A small pouch in that looks like a pill (an aspirin would be cool, or one like those two tone tylenol pills or something cool like that) -- please only line this pouch with cotton or something non-fuzzy like that because i'm going to be putting my vitamins in it so i can take them where ever i go
  • a purse in the shape of some sort of food: I love potatoes, meat, chicken, broccoli, sushi Smiley

-----------------
anything you need to know about me is here: www.sandrisuperstar.com/aboutme.html
and my blog is here: www.sandrisuperstar.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005 10:50:40 PM »

well i was trying to think of how to make you that cupcake hat and i wasn't sure if i could get it out in a couple of weeks with all the other stuff i  have to make... but when i figure out the logistics, you're MINE, craftydame!!!
I was thinking the same thing. I wanted to make the hat, but I didn't think two weeks was enough time for me to do a big project like that, especially since I'd need to go get the yarn for it too and I usually don't have time to do that during the week- so that would be most of my first week gone.. maybe we should introduce an optional 3 week period for larger items?

wow, totally a cupcake war! that's really awesome you guys! and you know, i wouldn't be upset by multiple cupcake pillows....

i think that the two weeks can be flexible, especially for things that are complex, or that take a while (like resin, it takes a while to set, etc). as long as there is good communication, anything's really possible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Sandcastle
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelations and Cut-Through Arches
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelated Wall and Staircase
Sandcastle: Creating the Grand Entrance
Making Your Sandcastle Last for an Eternity
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...