A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,621
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thrift Stores and Bead Store in CT  (Read 6857 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melti

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2004 07:24:34 PM »

Are there any really good thrift stores in Connecticut?  I know of a few Salvation Army's but is there anywhere else?  And also, and good bead stores?  I know of Beads East in Vernon but that's it.  Any suggestions would be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faith
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004 08:52:45 AM »

The Goodwill store in Rocky Hill tends to have really good clothes and housewares. This week I bought some french tarrot cards for 99 cents and a really nice food processor for $4.99!

They're remodeling the store so they've moved down the street into temporary space in a mini-mall on the Salas Deane Highway.

Also on the Salas Deane is a store called "Consigment Express" -- if you're looking for designer clothes they're awsome and their prices are similar to thrift shops but everything is sorted by size and color and there's not much "junk" to go through.

There's a fab bead shop in West Hartford -- I can't remember the name of it but it's on Farmington Avenue just as you start heading into West Hartford Center.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

melti

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004 10:13:47 AM »

Thanks, that helps alot, i think i go through the salas deane highway (wethersfield/hartford right?) all the time to get to work and i'm definitely going to try to find consignment express tomorrow sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
editorgrrl
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004 01:06:57 PM »

There's a fab bead shop in West Hartford -- I can't remember the name of it but it's on Farmington Avenue just as you start heading into West Hartford Center.

Is this it?
Beadoir
968 Farmington Avenue, West Hartford
(860) 231-8755

I found a bunch by looking up "beads" in the Yellow Pages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faith
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004 07:17:55 AM »

Yup, that's it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmdesigns
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004 10:07:39 AM »

Bead stores: http://www.hammerededge.com & http://www.rockgarden.com
Vintage/Thrift stores: Tova's Vintage & The Closet Door in Old Saybrook.  As far as I know, they do not have websites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeccaU

Penguins are subtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004 03:09:47 PM »

I can second the rock garden! They are just on the Branford green - nice selection.  There is also The Bead Hive in Guilford on Route 1 / Boston Post Road.

For thrift, there's Hole in the Wall - off the Guilford Green.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
avolian
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004 10:27:13 AM »

I know there is a Goodwill in Bridgeport that is pretty big and i have gotten a lot of things there. Also, there is a consignment store in Westport near Anthropologie that was selling almost everything for under $5
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emilyblak
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004 01:49:34 PM »

:If you are looking for really unique beads (they are glass) try Architectural Stained Glass (in Brooklyn CT)  Their website is asg.studio.beads.com Wink Her stuff is super nice and you won't find this anywhere else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nemka

Tell Guu your problems. Guu will buy you a drink.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004 01:16:50 PM »

Bead Street on Main Street in Middletown is a lovely little store with lots of beads, findings, and a few completed pieces and lamps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonfly 19
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004 07:05:14 AM »

In Manchester-
bead store - Harvest. it's off of main street. run by really nice hippies (original hippies). its' been around forever. sometimes expensive, but a lot of unique stuff, and a lot of ideas with their stock of premade stuff.

thrift stores- there's a salvation army and "the penny saver" on broad street. penny saver is the hospital auxillary's thrift store., also a salvation army on silver lane in east hartford and it's really big.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006 06:05:02 PM »

I have a national directory of charity thrift shops that I hope you'll find useful.

http://www.TheThriftShopper.Com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShopper.Com for your shopping convenience.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Model Behind MD
Best Products for Highlighting, Contouring and Foundation
Fast Path to Bee-Stung Lips
Bizarre Beauty Trend: Bleach Facials
On-the-Go Glam
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...