A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,538
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal swaps??  (Read 27637 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2011 09:52:17 AM »

i guess i would just like to see a place where people, who are interested in personal swaps, can post "ads" and connect with other like-minded individuals.

Craftster does not support personal swaps, so I'm afraid this will not be something that we would implement. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: August 09, 2011 10:45:42 AM »

i apologize, but i am finding this terribly hard to believe.  craftster hosts group craft swaps, but does not support swapping between individuals?  i understand that the way personal swaps are being done currently you have no way to monitor or guarantee the swap, but that is an issue of your own making.  i think that it IS possible to devise a way for personal swaps to be monitored/safe/organized/etc, which is why i originally had this posted in swap ideas - because i think it can work.

i guess i just do not understand why this is such a brick wall, and why it gets shot down so fast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.com
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 09, 2011 11:53:07 AM »

Invite Your Partner swaps are a great compromise to the situation.  You can invite a person of your choosing and use the awesome swap/feedback/guarantee system we have in place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: August 09, 2011 11:57:04 AM »

i apologize, but i am finding this terribly hard to believe.  craftster hosts group craft swaps, but does not support swapping between individuals?  i understand that the way personal swaps are being done currently you have no way to monitor or guarantee the swap, but that is an issue of your own making.  i think that it IS possible to devise a way for personal swaps to be monitored/safe/organized/etc, which is why i originally had this posted in swap ideas - because i think it can work.

i guess i just do not understand why this is such a brick wall, and why it gets shot down so fast.

I think there are plenty of ways you can swap directly with people that you'd like to, without breaking the rules. There are always the IYP swaps, which are very popular. The "Make a Friend" swaps, too, work similarly with more guidelines, but it's still easy to "invite" someone you'd like to swap with. Also, most organizers will work with you if you and another swapper are interested in swapping with one another.

You can also post, in your signature, that you're interested in personal swapping.

Personally, I find the current rules pretty open and easy to follow. I guess I don't see why there's a need to change them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: August 09, 2011 11:57:55 AM »

I know it might seem like it but I swear we're not just making a snap decision! This has been a topic of conversation for literally years. We've had previous incarnations of similar things and we've had lots of people burned by others with no recourse.  It's very difficult for a non-organized swap not to turn into a she said/she said.  Undecided
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011 11:58:14 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hookinmouthcrochet
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2012 08:14:48 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post about this, but I have recently had a problem with a personal swap. We set a time frame, and the items were supposed to be mailed by April 30, and I mailed mine, but still have received nothing in return. Originally, the other participant was communicating with me, and now nothing. I wrote a message about a week ago, and still have not received any response. I am still quite upset, as my item took quite a long time to craft and this was my first experience swapping at all, and it was not a positive one. Any advice on what I should do next? I tried sending a message to Craftster, but haven't received a response from them either Sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To look at a lot more of my stuff check out my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/hookinmouthcrochet87!
gotgrey

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2012 08:36:24 AM »

I hate to say it, but, you are probably out of luck.  I believe Craftster "frowns" upon personal swaps.  They don't support them, like organized swaps that have an organizer/moderators.  Personal swaps are viewed as, "at your own risk".  Organized swaps have rules, site support,  and moderation, personal swaps don't.  I'm sorry your 1st time swapping went so badly.  You should really try sticking to organized swaps, as you have a level of protection against such things happening.  Good luck, I hope you find some resolution.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2012 10:34:19 AM »

Yes, sorry, but there is no way we can moderate personal swaps. While we don't frown upon them, we don't step in and try to resolve issues with them, either. There's simply no way for us to track what goes on in personal swaps, and nothing we can do to help resolve any issues. For this reason, we always suggest that you either swap with someone you know and trust, or join organized swaps only.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2012 10:37:17 AM »

Here's what the Swap FAQ says about personal swaps:

21. Am I allowed to do a personal swap with another Craftster member?

You are allowed to, but just as with Organized Swaps, we have to encourage you to be careful with giving your address out over the internet and please remember that neither Craftster nor the site administrators or moderators are responsible if anything happens to your package or if you do not receive a package.  No feedback is given for personal swaps, and there are no angels in cases where one partner never sends.  Personal swaps are "at your own risk." Do not advertise for personal swaps in a post. If you are available for personal swaps, please note that in your signature or indicate that in your profile. If you're interested in doing a personal swap with someone, contact them through a private message.

We do have quarterly Personal Galleries in the Swap Gallery board. The current gallery will always be found at the top of the gallery board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hookinmouthcrochet
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2012 07:52:09 AM »

Thanks guys. I will not be participating in any more personal swaps. It just really peeves me because this person has a good swap history with Craftster and is a good contributing member, that is why I thought it would be safe. Learned my lesson.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To look at a lot more of my stuff check out my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/hookinmouthcrochet87!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Two Teens With Life-Threatening Illnesses Become Models For A Day
Make-A-Wish: New York Model For A Day
How to Fill in Your Eyebrows to Make a Statement
3 Simple Ways to Spring Clean Your Skin
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...