A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,907
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal swaps??  (Read 28197 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosiegarden
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2008 02:50:48 PM »

I'm also really interested in the swaps process. I'm not sure if I'd actually take part in one for a while because I'm fairly new to crafting. But it's nice to look through the galleries and see what everyone has sent each other. And I'm sure if you're like me with a birthday in March, it's lovely to receive a present half way through the year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I wonder what Piglet is doing," thought Pooh,
"I wish I were there to be doing it, too."

Wists

My bookshop - Opening sale, 10% off!
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2008 05:42:08 PM »

I've had personal swaps go good and bad.  Of course the one where I paid someone to make something for me went awful. Cheesy

Organized swaps are the way to go. Cheesy
Wow! I find in incredible that someone would flake on an admin or mod. Most especially having been paid for some product or service, and then not delivering. Just wow.

There are so many swaps that it is easy to choose one that suits your tastes. And should there be something you are particularly interested in that does not come up, you can try to organize one yourself.

It really is a great process, and part of Craftster. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2008 05:48:40 PM »

I'm not bitter... not at all... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jackmo
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2008 02:28:22 PM »

How are you supposed to go about personal swaps here? Should there be a board for these? (posts along the lines of 'I have X, I want Y...')
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008 07:09:27 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The advice write only what you know increases the likelihood that you will know the same things forever.
myklia
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2008 05:44:57 PM »

I have seen people put in their signature that they want to do a personal swap, like in your case you could put in your signature: "I have a lot of fabric scraps, wanna swap?"

When someone responds and you do a personal swap, you can post what you sent each other here in the swap gallery ( http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=84.0 ) and the first post is for personal swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2008 07:08:24 AM »

From the Swap FAQ.  I added the bold.

06. Am I allowed to do a personal swap with another Craftster member?

You are allowed to, but just as with Organized Swaps, we have to encourage you to be careful with giving your address out over the internet and please remember that neither Craftster nor Leah is responsible if anything happens to your package.  No feedback is given for personal swaps, and there are no angels in cases where one partner never sends.  Personal swaps are "at your own risk." Do not advertise for personal swaps in a post. If you are available for personal swaps, please note that in your signature or indicate that in your profile. If you're interested in doing a personal swap with someone, contact them through a private message.
We now have monthly Personal Galleries in the Swap Gallery! Check them out here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2009 10:21:20 AM »

Hi,
How do personal swaps work?

I have looked all over for this, but can't seem to find the information I need, so apologies if I am asking the obvious, or something that's been asked a million times already.

I wouldn't mind getting involved but don't know how to go about it.

If someone could point me to the info page, or give me advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sandra
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
myklia
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2009 10:40:48 AM »

Here is the link to the personal swap gallery:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=286073.0

Here is what it says in the first post and this is Craftster's stance on personal swaps:
Smiley  Cheesy  Grin This swap gallery is intended as a way to recognize all the wonderful personal swaps that are done in this community!   Grin  Cheesy  Smiley

Personal swaps are not encouraged or supported by Craftster.  This is only a thread to post pictures from your personal experiences.  Personal swaps are not and cannot be tracked in Swap Feedback on profiles and should not be linked to Craftster's Organized Swaps in any way.

Folks who have participated in a personal swap and wish to share pictures of the items they have sent and received may do so by posting in this gallery.

Please note that this gallery is meant for those who have had a good experience with their personal swaps!  This is not the place to air your grievances about being "flaked" on...please keep it positive and give love to those awesome personal swappers! Wink

So really there is no official personal swaps.  Basically if you want a personal swap you contact the person you want to swap with and see if they would be interested.  If you are Friend of Craftster you can state in your profile that you are open to personal swaps.  People also put in their signature if they are interested in personal swaps.

The personal swap gallery is there as a courtesy.  If you get flaked on in a personal swap, you have no recourse.  You cannot ask for an angel.

I have done a couple of personal swaps and have enjoyed them.  One I did get "flaked" on, but the person got seriously ill and eventually dropped out of touch, so I'm not bitter about it or anything.  I just hope she enjoyed what I sent.

I hope this answers your question.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2009 12:56:33 PM »

Hi,  Thanks for this & yes it does help. No wonder I couldn't find any info, I will go and have a look now.
Was pretty much what I thought it was, but just wanted to make sure.
Sandra
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
skatergirl1007
« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2011 07:07:51 AM »

Ok so I get how the swaps work but what about private swaps. Are they the same thing just one you do with one person and the other you do with like 20 people? Or is there a small deference.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 08:03:55 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Paintball Like Rambo
How To Cheat at Rock Paper Scissors
How to Have Better Creative Thinking
How to Play Solitaire
How to Fool About Whilst Being Pursued
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...