A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,497
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Hooked on Style' crochet book preview/opinions  (Read 986 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Debzzzbee
« on: October 18, 2005 08:16:31 PM »

"Hooked on Style-Fabulous Fashions to crochet" is the name of this book by Patons Designs. It came out in August or October of '05 *unclear* and so far has been hard to find. I really like Patons crochet patterns, and recently ordered this book but it is out of stock until next month (from CraftersChoice book club)
If anyone has this book already, or knows more about it, please share it here! When I finally do recieve it, I,ll post again with my opinion on it. And if I dont like it, I,ll return it or give it away. I already gave away my 'Hip to Crochet' book because, well.....there was nothing hip about it  LOL.  Tongue

Here is the CraftersChoice description and pic of the book in question that Im waiting so impatiently for.... and I promise to share with my fellow Craftsters when I finally do get it!  Wink

"If you think dowdy sweaters and frumpy hats when you think crochet, one look at this book will change your mind forever! Its filled with over a dozen completely fresh, fashionable designs that stylish women of every age will fall for.
 From gorgeous sweaters, skirts, and camisoles to wear out on the town to scarves and hats that will have you looking amazing on the coldest winter days, theres something fabulous to crochet for every occasion and season. Youll even find a great selection of accessories, including handbags and shawls.
 Every project is crocheted with high-quality yarn from Patons Design Studio, a leader in cutting-edge designs, and features complete instructions for a range of different sizes.
For chic crochet designs youll love wearing, this beautifully photographed book is bound to have you Hooked on Style! Hardcover, 144 pages, 8" x 10", color photos "

*P.S.  Most everything I have seen from Patons designs are far from frumpy and grandma-ey so Im looking forward to this book*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005 05:11:43 AM »

Amazon has it.  Call your local bookstore - if they don't have it, they will order it, it will be in like 2-3 days and the beauty is every bookstore I have ever dealt with will let you then come in, check it out and if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

Patons is great.  You are right on that.

My best advice, call your bookstore and see if they will order it for you.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Debzzzbee
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005 11:42:37 PM »

Book was delivered today, it was well worth the wait! I didnt try getting it ordered through a bookstore only because this craft book club I joined gives you points upon purchase to redeem for free books, and Im collecting those points!
Anyway...I kept looking through this book all day and its pretty much the best of Patons designs. It has everything from a bikini with a cover-up and beach tote, to winter gear, to very nice cami tops & tanks, a skirt, tunics, scarves, belt,sweaters, purses, 2 shawls, ....so much good stuff makes your head spin!
No junk in this book, and no fancy-schmancy expensive yarns are used. Most everything is made from Patons Grace yarn (a 100% mercerized cotton) or one or two of their bulky yarns for the winter stuff, which can be easily substituted to your preference.
The book itself is put together very well with an intro, basic crochet directions w/ illustrations, then on to the patterns which have clear directions and great pictures. This book is so nice looking, you can leave it out on your coffee table. 
This book and all of its patterns are tasteful and beautiful. I highly recommend it.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Smoked Egg Salad Recipe
The Success of Chef David Chang
Pork Estofado with Plantains and Pearl Onions Recipe
How to Make Curry Chicken Salad
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...